It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Oh so are you implying that there's a few nymphs on this thread? Do you consider me one?
edit on 20-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dawnstar

Or, you can just opt to remain celibate,

We are humans and a couple that doesn't have sex are just friends or roommates, so no...

In the end there are very viable responsible life choices for any situation, maybe one of them isn't screwing like rabbits 3 times a days, every day of the month, but hey...

Funny how when we were in the screwing bunny phase of our lives, husband and I always took the time to make sure we had the necessary birth control lined. Always was a clinic available too. Never once needed a Planned Parenthood to refer us to one.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

I've refuted it at least twice, but I guess since I'm an independent, you may not be wrong.

I'll refute the argument yet again.

Planned Parenthood is the person who had $30 and knows it's not enough to buy them both the groceries they need for the week and beer. They know it's not allowed to take government SNAP assistance for beer, so they go around telling everyone they don't have enough money for food. It works. They get SNAP assistance and they do use it buy groceries. Then they take their $30 and go buy the beer they really wanted all along.

Only in this instance, they can't fund both abortions and medical services. So they take the government money to fund the services and free up their own money to pay for abortions.

Without government money, they have to decide which is more important, just like the person who wants both food and beer.
edit on 20-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, just like all those daycare centers that are operating in churches are being funded to spread god's word to all the little children in the world..

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Oh so are you implying that there's a few nymphs on this thread? Do you consider me one? [/quote

No idea. But you said 3 kids in 3 years.
With the use of condoms and pulling out..

What's your nationality?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Oh so are you implying that there's a few nymphs on this thread? Do you consider me one?

How many men here want or wanted sex every day? Rhetorical question. lol
edit on 18CDT02America/Chicago02420231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Planned parenthood provides birth control counseling. They offer well woman care like pap smears and other cancer screenings.
They are not simply an abortion clinic. and in fact abortion are a very small part of what they do.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Just what does my nationality have to do with anything? What's yours? And, no, what I said was three kids in less than three years.
And, here's another question for you what do you consider a man who just cant resist sex long enough to allow his wife to heal up a little from giving birth and just has to stick his ding dong into her vagina tearing out half of her stitches?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I looked up the destination of nymphomaniac, it only applies to women.
Men who have to have sex every day are studs, and a marriage liscense it seems gives them the right to demand it from their wives. Who then will be called nymthos for having sex too often..
edit on 20-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

I looked up the destination of nymphomaniac, it only applies to women.
Men who have to have sex every day are studs, and a marriage liscense it seems gives them the right to demand it from their wives. Whi then will be called nymthos for having sex too often..

It may all fall under hypersexuality, but if you look that up there are no given numbers on what is too much sex or what is deemed a normal amount. All I am reading is that the more sex you have the healthier you will be.

You raise a good point! When everyone is calling for others to be responsible, what about women who are with men that abuse them to the point of unwanted pregnancies or forces them to get an abortion? Then they find their right to choose is being threatened or taken beyond their reach. Double whammy abuse it seems to me.
edit on 18CDT02America/Chicago04120231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: rickymouse

Point being, if her hormones were out of whack, then the motive changes, doesn't it.

So, you think it is all right to make decisions when your hormones are all messed up? That is what is happening at planned parenthood, they always mention that having an abortion might be beneficial. I know this, my granddaughter said they had mentioned she should consider an abortion when she got pregnant and was not married. She got married to the guy just three months later, I have a great and spoiled great granddaughter, they own a house, both are working, his mother and us babysit. They both are happy to have the little girl, even though she dialed 911 on his cell phone and had a conversation with the operator their when she was around nineteen months old. They had their phone set to record, and the conversation was funny.

Planned parenthood did not force her to have an abortion, but she said they kept mentioning it over and over. She was eighteen at the time too. They were even living together in an apartment.

I know that planned parenthood does promote abortions. My wife knew a couple of the planned parenthood people when she worked for WIC. She told my granddaughter that they always tell pregnant women they have the option and the procedure would most likely not cost them anything. She also told her that the planned parenthood woman was not trying to force her to have an abortion, but from what the granddaughter told us it sure sounded like they were strongly recommending it so she could have a better life. Now, the woman who met with her may not be required by planned parenthood to accentuate that. It could be a personal opinion.

They are a very happy family, they should be, they have free babysitters. I am glad that she was not talked into an abortion.

Oh wow, way off topic now.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Planned parenthood provides birth control counseling. They offer well woman care like pap smears and other cancer screenings.
They are not simply an abortion clinic. and in fact abortion are a very small part of what they do.

yep only 333k abortions in 18

small part right....

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Point being, if her hormones were out of whack, then the motive changes, doesn't it.

So, you think it is all right to make decisions when your hormones are all messed up? That is what is happening at planned parenthood, they always mention that having an abortion might be beneficial. I know this, my granddaughter said they had mentioned she should consider an abortion when she got pregnant and was not married. She got married to the guy just three months later, I have a great and spoiled great granddaughter, they own a house, both are working, his mother and us babysit. They both are happy to have the little girl, even though she dialed 911 on his cell phone and had a conversation with the operator their when she was around nineteen months old. They had their phone set to record, and the conversation was funny.

Planned parenthood did not force her to have an abortion, but she said they kept mentioning it over and over. She was eighteen at the time too. They were even living together in an apartment.

I know that planned parenthood does promote abortions. My wife knew a couple of the planned parenthood people when she worked for WIC. She told my granddaughter that they always tell pregnant women they have the option and the procedure would most likely not cost them anything. She also told her that the planned parenthood woman was not trying to force her to have an abortion, but from what the granddaughter told us it sure sounded like they were strongly recommending it so she could have a better life. Now, the woman who met with her may not be required by planned parenthood to accentuate that. It could be a personal opinion.

They are a very happy family, they should be, they have free babysitters. I am glad that she was not talked into an abortion.

Oh wow, way off topic now.

You also explained that she listened to a female friend's advice, so it occurs to me that she was in a state of confusion and could not make that decision for herself.

I know for a fact that all women who are considering an abortion will have a chat with a counsellor first, who will try to talk you out of it, if at all possible, to choose another option, but they won't badger you about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Funny how when we were in the screwing bunny phase of our lives, husband and I always took the time to make sure we had the necessary birth control lined. Always was a clinic available too. Never once needed a Planned Parenthood to refer us to one.

I would say that was pretty good life choices that most likely paid off in dividends, it is funny how bad life choices also pay back in dividends, but not good ones.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Pyle

You're an idiot if you think PP was the last place you could get tested. Every free clinic offers free HIV testing. What the hell do you people #ing watch?

ETA: Just checked online and there are 5 (Five) free clinics within a 3 mile radius of me where free HIV tests are given.

I am guessing you are not from the county in Indiana that is the location of the study the article is discussing which I quoted.

It is fantastic that you have multiple location you can go for your needs, that is not the same everywhere in the country.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I know for a fact that all women who are considering an abortion will have a chat with a counsellor first, who will try to talk you out of it, if at all possible, to choose another option, but they won't badger you about it.

Quite a few years ago a female friend of mind got pregnant and she asked me to support her in going to PP since she didn't want to go alone. This was in CA where the state paid for abortions and PP really didn't talk about options as much as saying abortion was the best choice. For them I can assume it was also the best choice since they got paid by the state.

I'm sure this is different everywhere else you go, some places better in options and some pushing abortion as a money maker.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Quite a few years ago a female friend of mind got pregnant and she asked me to support her in going to PP since she didn't want to go alone. This was in CA where the state paid for abortions and PP really didn't talk about options as much as saying abortion was the best choice. For them I can assume it was also the best choice since they got paid by the state.

I'm sure this is different everywhere else you go, some places better in options and some pushing abortion as a money maker.

As PP is non-profit, the only conclusion would be that they thought it would be the right option for her, personally. It sounds like she had no support system at all.
edit on 18CDT02America/Chicago05520231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Planned parenthood gets funding from non-profit groups like the lilith foundation to help low income women with the cost of abortion, not govt funds. And how much help is provided depends on how much funds are available in any given area.
I wouldn't expect a free abortion to be offered, but every little bit might help.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yep only 333k abortions in 18

small part right....

Well they say 9.5 million discrete services and that number can be skewed any which way. They do say that they see 2.5 million patients with about 333,000 of them getting abortions and that is rather significant number to suggest "very small part" of their services.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Planned parenthood gets funding from non-profit groups like the lilith foundation to help low income women with the cost of abortion, not govt funds. And how much help is provided depends on how much funds are available in any given area.
I wouldn't expect a free abortion to be offered, but every little bit might help.

Put it to the state to vote on it...that old Republic voting thing to do what the people want. Then people can pay state taxes to fund it. Win win for all

edit on 20-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join