It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good, no more of my tax dollars going to irresponsible people

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Looks like trump just re energized an industry among the clothes hanger and lysol crowd.

It's almost as if it would be a smarter, easier, and healthier choice to either practice abstinence until you're ready to have children or, I dunno, actually bring the life your decisions and actions created fully into the world and give them love and respect...

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Even if there was a massive spike in IV drug users coinciding with the defunding of PP, don't you think a diminished access to screening facilities contributed to the spread?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Bluntone22

You mean like Obamacare provided and the Right vehemently argued against until Trump removed said funding?

Didn't Obama say "If you like your baby, you can keep your baby" or something of that nature about his hugely successful and transparently operating Obamacare law?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So you've completely forgotten that the Right specifically argued against the birth control mandate and that was the first item on Trump's chopping block?

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This is the 2nd thread you've entered where you claim opposition to the majority of the population - one for theocratic rule (AOC shredded), the other for abortion - both have CHRISTIAN values as the cornerstone.

I know EXACTLY where your head space is at, further evidenced by your inability to answer my very simple question.

NB: The deed is done, planned parenthood is being defunded. It is being defunded, vote in 2020 to reinstate the funding to PP and that way you can once again be happy with abortion clinic availability and government support.

Now, about that %........

link   

The argument for Roe versus Wade was that fetuses were just “a clump of cells” . Now with medical improvements we see that’s a bold face lie .

Besides why are we even on the topic of abortion have you ever heard of the Hyde amendment ?

If Planned Parenthood opens their books and proves no federal money has ever been used for abortion. Then also proves that the federal funding is Proportionate with the other minimal healthcare services they offer .

They will win their day in court. But I’m willing to bet they can’t prove either .

So at this point the entire thing rest on the righteous caring left who don’t mind killing babies up to the ninth month . And their ability to prove they weren’t running a con on the American people .
edit on 19-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

What are you talking about? The MIC is still receiving trillions of dollars to spend on projects that will never see the light of day.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Once again Trump panders to his ignorant base instead of bashing decisions off of facts.

Can't wait for the number of new AIDS cases to explode just like what happened in Indiana when Pence defunded PP.

The ignorant base that considers all human life to be precious and worth preserving.

The ignorant base that believes that it is morally and ethically wrong and amounts to genocide for a society to consider it a "right" to murder its weakest, most defenseless members.

The ignorant base that sees clearly that the highway to forced euthanasia begins with the tiny steps of justifying infanticide in the name of convenience and economics.

Yeah, count me in that ignorant base!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Even if there was a massive spike in IV drug users coinciding with the defunding of PP, don't you think a diminished access to screening facilities contributed to the spread?

No, because opiate addicts DON'T THINK CLEARLY ENOUGH TO GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THEIR HEALTH. It's difficult to make the argument that PP would have impacted HIV rates in a crowd that spends their lives with a needle hanging out of their goddamned veins, poisons pumping through their system while their only concern is where they'll get their next fix from. You could argue that Pence defunding clean needle programs spiked the rates, sure... but then again, ask yourself if the government should be encouraging or facilitating illegal IV drug abuse via providing the users with the needles. In the real world, if you provide someone with a tool used to commit a crime and you know that was the intent of the person acquiring the tool from you, you can be charged as an accessory...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Obamacare has not been defunded!

But it will be when Medicare and private insurance become the two options in America.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So you've completely forgotten that the Right specifically argued against the birth control mandate and that was the first item on Trump's chopping block?

Low hanging fruit...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Once again, Medicaid doesn't cover abortions. The government funds that were going to PP were for people that were actually trying to be smart about their sex life.

Now all the people that relied on PP for birth control, OB/GYN appointments, and pre-natal checkups are screwed because you people are ignorant about how government funding works.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You mean like Obamacare provided and the Right vehemently argued against until Trump removed said funding?

Didn't Obama say "If you like your baby, you can keep your baby" or something of that nature about his hugely successful and transparently operating Obamacare law?

Somehow I saw DBCowboy pawprint on that one......

link   

I didnt forget anything.
The ACA was a terrible piece of legislation and there were dozens of reasons other than birth control to defund the bill be it the first or last on the list of reasons.

link   
a reply to: incoserv

So you believe that any hospital that performs abortions for any reason should also be defunded?

Tell me, why do you want to deny healthcare to the poor?

link   

a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

What are you talking about? The MIC is still receiving trillions of dollars to spend on projects that will never see the light of day.

Your right, I shouldn’t have said “no more” I should have said less,

Less of my tax dollars going to irresponsible people.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: incoserv

So you believe that any hospital that performs abortions for any reason should also be defunded?

Tell me, why do you want to deny healthcare to the poor?

You really don't care to read what people write and engage in actual dialog, do you?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Wow talk about a straw man argument.

I can do that too...

So what you just want all children murdered and me to pay for every single one?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The birth control mandate was defunded separately from the entire bill. Which is exactly what the Right wanted from the get go because they knew they couldn't get the entire bill defunded.

I'm going to laugh/cry when you praise Trump for his genius if he passes an identical mandate to what you guys cried so hard about.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join