It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Hmm.. my husband applied for Obamacare when it first came out. It referred us to Medicaid, which our state didn't expand so we were left in the same spot as we have been in... to rich to get help, to poor to get care, please give us the two thousand down payment if you want us to operate on that broken ankle so you can walk again. But. Oh, thank you for paying your taxes, the lady across the street needs some of it so she can take her daughter to the doctors again because her sniffles are worrying her so..
I went over a year after my husband died with no help when with healthcare. Much of this time with no income whatsoever. I laughed at the doctor social security sent me to to validate I was disabled when he told me to go see my doctor asap.. I was selling everything I had of value just to keep up with the rent and utilities and put a little food on the table. So, no, I never went to the doctors.
Personal responsibility to me is being able to die without leaving my kids with funeral costs and doctors Bill's to contend with thank you!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

China tried that and found it led to disastrous results.

You are advocating for Totalitarianism. Like I said, you have been reading 1984 and find it to be a "good thing"?

Yikes

Where do you think the world is heading? A big part of reducing "carbon foot print" is reducing population. If we go down that path then children will be a privilege that you need to earn.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: uncommitted

I was pro abortion until I held my daughter .

That’s why I don’t deal in the past I deal in the present.

With this move he’s made his position abundantly clear .

That's beside the point based on your post - his position has changed and been a grey area before, during and after the election so people wouldn't have known for sure his stance when they voted for him which is what your post suggested.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Oh, like in communist China...sounds about RIGHT!! Right wing!

Everyone wants more Government oversight, universal healthcare, controls etc...That all will drive Big Brother TELLING you what to do and not do in all aspects of your life, sorry to say...

I'm not going to call it communist, but it will look more and more like that. That's damn close to what the far left wants right now, so it is much closer to happen than what you might think. The millennials want the Government to provide so much more, take care of them and the price will be the loss of individual freedom.

edit on 20-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: olaru12

Oh, like in communist China...sounds about RIGHT!! Right wing!

Everyone wants more Government oversight, universal healthcare, controls etc...That all will drive Big Brother TELLING you what to do and not do in all aspects of your life, sorry to say...

I'm not going to call it communist, but it will look more and more like that. That's damn close to what the far left wants right now, so it is much closer to happen than what you might think. The millennials want the Government to provide so much more, take care of them and the price will be the loss of individual freedom.

The millennials and the next gen coming up are screwed financially. If one compares the cost of things from the 1950s to now you will see that there is a disproportionate ability to succeed. Why not make American great again financially-success wise for the younger generation again?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Don't have sex...ha ha...tell that to my hubby back then.

We are back to life choices, or poor life choices aren't we.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Bloodworth

Pulling out isnt effective birth control. It's a fairy tale teenage boys tell the girls to convince them it's safe to have sex, just this one time..

Has worked for me for the past 40 years. I agree that there is a chance a man can have some minimal discharge, but once again that greatly reduces the level of sperm AND adding any kind of birth control to that pretty much wins you the lottery if the woman still gets pregnant.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Or maybe your just sterile?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The point may be moot because of another stage in the original plan. According to some areas of knowledge "It is estimated that almost 12 percent of women in the U.S. face challenges getting pregnant."

I will admit that the majority of my friends waited until after college to start their families, so they were not teens, but they were still well within their fertile years, and over half had to have in vitro fertilization to have a family.

We are closer to that "Gattaca" world than we think.

www.pinnaclehealth.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The millennials and the next gen coming up are screwed financially. If one compares the cost of things from the 1950s to now you will see that there is a disproportionate ability to succeed. Why not make American great again financially-success wise for the younger generation again?

Explain this...

You can live on 12 bucks an hour today, and my 19 year old kid's first job as a cashier at Kohls as he works on his EE degree started him off at 12 bucks an hour. If you are 25 and still making only 12 bucks an hour then you made poor life choices and still have no valued skills.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Or maybe your just sterile?

Nope, made a kid every time we wanted one

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How much debt will he be left with in the end? @Xtro
edit on 18CDT12America/Chicago035121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We are closer to that "Gattaca" world than we think.

Many younger couples not only do not want to marry, but they do not want kids as each one is a Ferrari in their driveway. Responsible couple will work not to have kids, and that leaves us back to the irresponsible dysfunctional people of today that don't care, and they are the last people we want to see raise kids...lol

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Don't have sex...ha ha...tell that to my hubby back then.

We are back to life choices, or poor life choices aren't we.

No, we are back to human nature and lack of good birth control choices.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Bloodworth

Pulling out isnt effective birth control. It's a fairy tale teenage boys tell the girls to convince them it's safe to have sex, just this one time..

Has worked for me for the past 40 years. I agree that there is a chance a man can have some minimal discharge, but once again that greatly reduces the level of sperm AND adding any kind of birth control to that pretty much wins you the lottery if the woman still gets pregnant.

Or does she jump up right after - no snuggling for you?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I have two teenage boys 16 and 19...I was 38 and my wife was 30 on our first one. They will have 100 trillion most likely as the Government expands in all direction, so who knows. Both are working towards valued skills and will do just fine unless the whole society disintegrates completely. You know it doesn't take much to be better than about 75% of the population.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have two teenage boys 16 and 19...I was 38 and my wife was 30 on our first one. They will have 100 trillion most likely as the Government expands in all direction, so who knows. Both are working towards valued skills and will do just fine unless the whole society disintegrates completely. You know it doesn't take much to be better than about 75% of the population.

I do know that kids leaving uni with crippling debt and few job choices is a reality.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am an old broad but when I was eight years old I had adult duties and chores that I was responsible for completing daily.
Growing up in the country and during that time, early fifties, it was expected. I remember well my Mother's response every time I told her I wanted something. She would say, in that sweet soft voice, with that overly interested tone, "Wow!" "That sounds nice." "What are you going to do to get it?" or "How are you going to make that happen?"

We raise children today to believe that they are entitled to whatever they want, and they can not only maintain their individual freedoms, but they can demand that others give up theirs to please them. So yes, they want the government to provide for them, and will fight for that demand, giving whole new life to that old adage, "Be careful what you wish for."

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am an old broad but when I was eight years old I had adult duties and chores that I was responsible for completing daily.
Growing up in the country and during that time, early fifties, it was expected. I remember well my Mother's response every time I told her I wanted something. She would say, in that sweet soft voice, with that overly interested tone, "Wow!" "That sounds nice." "What are you going to do to get it?" or "How are you going to make that happen?"

We raise children today to believe that they are entitled to whatever they want, and they can not only maintain their individual freedoms, but they can demand that others give up theirs to please them. So yes, they want the government to provide for them, and will fight for that demand, giving whole new life to that old adage, "Be careful what you wish for."

I think they are demanding a fighting chance, which I believe they don't have now.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No, we are back to human nature and lack of good birth control choices.

You know if you are in a state that Pot is illegal...don't smoke...If you are in a state that pot is legal then have at it... Life choices ...

If you have extreme difficulty with many types of birth control then you still need to find a way or you are making poor life choices that will cost you for decades. I would bet that IF you did the rhythm method, AND he pulled out, AND maybe practiced other methods of pleasure close to your cycle you would not have the kids you might not have planned for.

new topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join