It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Do you think people didn't go hungry or lack attention throughout history.. its not about prices its about their will always be poor because life is tough at times. I would rather be alive than dead regardless of my life circumstances..

Many people go through life making poor life choices over and over again. These people not only tend to not be responsible but they are also the ones to have the majority of unwanted pregnancies. They will be a burden most of their lives on society in many ways and they get the fun to pass all this culture onto their dysfunctional kids too.

I think we will reach a point that abortions will be moot and having children will no longer be a right, but a privilege. With this privilege you will need to apply for and be approved, so ladies about the whole "it's my body I can do what I want" ideal that will come to an end.

edit on 20-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Condoms are really crappy birth control.
I did great at avoiding pregnancy till the doctor decided my age along with other health factors made the pill too risky and refused to prescribe them. Talked me into trying a combination a condoms and spermacide....
Three kids born in less than three years.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Been reading 1984, have ya?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Could you afford the children?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I did great at avoiding pregnancy till the doctor decided my age along with other health factors made the pill too risky and refused to prescribe them. Talked me into trying a combination a condoms and spermacide....

I agree that condoms are crappy birth control and most of the alternative birth control for women besides the pill is crappy or IMO torture treatments. I was unable to take the pill, tried the torture treatments, everything...two children later. We could afford the children as we both had decent paying jobs, but there went our round the world trips and drinking pina colada's on the beaches of hawaii as was our desire in life at the time. Now that we had the children, we have realized the blessing and joys that come with them, but we still miss our initial desires. Raising children is expensive and not everyone can deal with it like we did!
edit on 18CDT11America/Chicago034111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Technology will reach the point that it can turn off the reproductive system in either male or female without daily drugs and as the human race grows to 11 billion there will be "Green" initiatives such as limiting who can have children. China already has done that once.

I personally think that all teens should get the 5 year norplant when able, AND if they develop one for males them too.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: MRinder

Do you think people didn't go hungry or lack attention throughout history.. its not about prices its about their will always be poor because life is tough at times. I would rather be alive than dead regardless of my life circumstances..

I think we will reach a point that abortions will be moot and having children will no longer be a right, but a privilege. With this privilege you will need to apply for and be approved, so ladies about the whole "it's my body I can do what I want" ideal that will come to an end.

Oh, like in communist China...sounds about RIGHT!! Right wing!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I imagine the women that supported trump knew he would do this given the chance . And won’t be going anywhere .

The women against Trump wouldn’t support him if he gave out vouchers for abortion .

The evangelicals will be ecstatic.

This move will not hurt POTUS in the least.

Strange post if you know anything about Trump who has flip flopped on this multiple times over the years.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

By the time I was carrying my third, my insides were so screwed up I had trouble walking, my doctor was constantly telling me not to pick up my kids (like I had a choice in that one).
Even if we could afford the kid, we could't afford the nanny would have needed to reduce the risk to my born children, to me, or to the unborn child!!
You are screwing around with people's lives!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Technology will reach the point that it can turn off the reproductive system in either male or female without daily drugs and as the human race grows to 11 billion there will be "Green" initiatives such as limiting who can have children. China already has done that once.

I personally think that all teens should get the 5 year norplant when able, AND if they develop one for males them too.

China tried that and found it led to disastrous results.

You are advocating for Totalitarianism. Like I said, you have been reading 1984 and find it to be a "good thing"?

Yikes

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree that condoms are crappy birth control and most of the alternative birth control for women besides the pill is crappy or IMO torture treatments. I was unable to take the pill, tried the torture treatments, everything...two children later.

You have about 6 days a month when you can get pregnant, don't have sex around that time. The pull out method will also limit much if the man has some self control. Add in a condom or other non-pill birth control and IF you still get pregnant then you really beat the odds.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Omg......

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I agree that condoms are crappy birth control and most of the alternative birth control for women besides the pill is crappy or IMO torture treatments. I was unable to take the pill, tried the torture treatments, everything...two children later.

You have about 6 days a month when you can get pregnant, don't have sex around that time. The pull out method will also limit much if the man has some self control. Add in a condom or other non-pill birth control and IF you still get pregnant then you really beat the odds.

Don't have sex...ha ha...tell that to my hubby back then.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
The suggestion that the government should pay women to not murder their babies is absurd. I see your point but it is still outrageous.

The suggestion that the federal government is delegated any authority whatsoever with regard to 'healthcare', abortion, etc, is absurd on its face.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
These women are really stretching here and what's wrong with their men...?
Cant pull out?

Some people need sex every day......

We call these peopl

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
I was pointing out the FREE condoms that are available currently.
Along with the health classes required by many school districts.
The means are available for those who choose to be responsible.
Obamacare mandated free birth control, the provision for such is still in effect.
So it is not like personal responsibility is some crazy idea.
IMO it should be the first avenue perused.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

We could afford the children as we both had decent paying jobs, but there went our round the world trips and drinking pina colada's on the beaches of hawaii as was our desire in life at the time. Now that we had the children, we have realized the blessing and joys that come with them, but we still miss our initial desires. Raising children is expensive and not everyone can deal with it like we did!

it sounds like you are the example of personal responsibility
huzzah

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Pulling out isnt effective birth control. It's a fairy tale teenage boys tell the girls to convince them it's safe to have sex, just this one time.. which leads to two, then, three, to multiple times a day with anything from pouting, angry outbursts, and threats if they dont get what they want.
No, not all are like that but enough of them are.
A womens cycle often changes for various reasons. Added stress, a prescription drug, and believe it or not put a group of women together in a close proximity, and and it seems that their cycles begin to adjust and align with each other. And some women never really establish a stable cycle.
Just what do you call "these people"? People who you do not know. People who you have no knowledge of their background. I'm curious, what do you call them?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: InTheLight

We could afford the children as we both had decent paying jobs, but there went our round the world trips and drinking pina colada's on the beaches of hawaii as was our desire in life at the time. Now that we had the children, we have realized the blessing and joys that come with them, but we still miss our initial desires. Raising children is expensive and not everyone can deal with it like we did!

it sounds like you are the example of personal responsibility
huzzah

Most teenagers are not fully intellectually nor emotionally mature so expecting personal responsibility at a level of adulthood from a teenager or from a person without life's experience behind them to make the right decisions is unreasonable. Besides at high school they approach birth control in a clinical manner, they don't educate them about what will happen to their lives if they get pregnant or the tactics boys use to get into naive girls' pants (ex. Dawnstar's pulling out fairy tale).
edit on 18CDT11America/Chicago057111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I was pro abortion until I held my daughter .

That’s why I don’t deal in the past I deal in the present.

With this move he’s made his position abundantly clear .

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join