It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yup, all life is sacred..till it's born. Then if the parent/s are poor it's out of luck.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

So you believe that children that are born into homes that can't provide for said children should suffer a lack of nutrition and attention.

A lack of nutrition and/or attention sounds more attractive than being killed by your mother because you are inconvenient. At least you would be alive!

link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You're right. Abortions are still available. And for the same cost.

What is being denied is basic healthcare for the poor.

link   
a reply to: InTheLight
They have to change their approach. Young teens are being taught that they don't have to be responsible for anything. They believe that it is always someone else's fault and that they have "rights". They are not being taught that everyone has "rights" and their individual rights don't carry anymore weight than anyone else's individual rights.

They think they are entitled to what they "want", not what they earn. The are being taught that what they "like or love" is important and if they don't "like or love" something, then it can be rejected or ignored.

They are taught they are the smartest generation that has ever existed and that they have to be respected and adored.

Saying all this, I don't blame the children. They are being taught.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Wow.

I don't even know what to say after this.

Do you really believe a slow, painful, death is preferable to a first term abortion?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: InTheLight
isn't that exactly what health classes are?
I am confused.

FREE secondary education...something else to shoot for! Studies show the more a woman is educated the less children she will have.

Should that be mandatory?
Assuming the studies you site are correct?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yup, all life is sacred..till it's born. Then if the parent/s are poor it's out of luck.

Oh for Christ's sake, there have been #ty parents since the dawn of time. The people you declare poor now would most likely be comparatively rich compared to the average person throughout human history. Imagine a family scraping out a living in the midwest in the 1800's.

link   
I see these girls in highschool, they 1st Make the mistake of having unprotected sex

Then they get an abortion, but then soon enough are pregnant again.

And end up keeping it...

These guys talk women into unprotected sex, father a child, and literally abandon the mother and child.

Then they move onto the next girl, then you see same guy, new girl getting abortion, then pregnant again.

These guys have 3 baby mommas, and all had abortions prior.

Your talking about real ghetto people

These people should never reproduce as they are nothing but a drain on society.

And planned parent hood which should be called avoiding parenthood help by not letting the losers of society procreate

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Welcome to the reality of we cant afford another kid then.

I think social services provides about $26.00 a month per mouth to feed.
IF you qualify.

I'm on the fence over all this. On one side I don't want to pay for people's life choices and on the other I don't want children born into a dysfunctional life to burden society either. I do believe this is a state level responsibility and not the fed, and this is why a Republic is so great.

edit on 20-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump single handedly just encouraged young women to vote. Roe v. Wade has always been a loosing proposition for the GOP.

www.usatoday.com...

Perhaps you misunderstand. Or perhaps you are deliberately misleading people. But what exactly does de funding PP (only the tax payer funding) have to do with Roe v. Wade?

I'll answer for you:

NOTHING.

Roe v. Wade remains settled Law and the tax payer funding of PP already was NOT supposed to be used for abortions (Hyde Amendment). So, what exactly is your problem?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Before you can expect people to be responsible, there has to be a means for them to be.

That is backwards and part of the problem.

And our low wage jobs just aren't cutting the grade there, are they?

Also backwards looking, no?

So, you want those who dont want to have a baby, cant afford to have a baby to stop having sex?

nope
in fact I posted links to FREE condoms
you know, personal responsibility

My first question would be is this just directed to the women and girls or is it directed to the men also?

personal responsibility is not gender biased
why would you think such?

My second would be are you willing to live by your own rules

I do
I provide for my family, no one else does

My third question would be if all the women took your advice to hear

again personal responsibility is not gender biased

why is personal responsibility so scary?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This isn't the dawn of time..prices have gone up since then!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

So you believe that children that are born into homes that can't provide for said children should suffer a lack of nutrition and attention.

as you previously addressed me as hitler, you are disqualified from future conversations
unless you would like to apologize

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This isn't the dawn of time..prices have gone up since then!

Do you think people didn't go hungry or lack attention throughout history.. its not about prices its about their will always be poor because life is tough at times. I would rather be alive than dead regardless of my life circumstances..

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They have to change their approach. Young teens are being taught that they don't have to be responsible for anything. They believe that it is always someone else's fault and that they have "rights". They are not being taught that everyone has "rights" and their individual rights don't carry anymore weight than anyone else's individual rights.

well posted
I agree

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Your talking about real ghetto people

These people should never reproduce as they are nothing but a drain on society.

And planned parent hood which should be called avoiding parenthood help by not letting the losers of society procreate

It is interesting that crime rates were continuing to climb every year and then peaked in 1990/91, and then have declined each year ever since the peak.

The interesting part is 1990 is 18 years after Roe vs Wade and Economists suggest that abortions have reduced the number children that might be born into dysfunctional lives and so we have less people that grow up to become bad/criminals etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What is being denied is basic healthcare for the poor.

And that would be what?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

It isnt defunding pp, it is trying a string onto the money that flows from the title x program to all providers that take part of that program.
Let me ask you something, if a women goes into a clinic, doctors office, or hospital and she is miscarrying, or if an entropic pregnancy is found to be the reason for her pain, or if a young 9 year old is found to have been the victim of some sick sob and is now pregnant, if that women was close to you, would you want the doctor to be upfront in discussing her condition and all the available options to her?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Surely PP can survive without government handouts, right?

Yep.

www.plannedparenthood.org...

After 102 years, Planned Parenthood’s mission remains the same: to provide care, no matter what. Last year, our more than 600 health centers provided that care — which includes birth control, cancer screenings, STI testing and treatment, safe and legal abortion, and so much more — to 2.4 million people across the country.

Out of 330 million people living in the US not counting illegals.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Forgive me but I fail to see how this denies anyone the right to an abortion?

GMAB already people. Any female who desires an abortion will get one, this wont stop her.

Also, PP has plenty of money...Too much....

Are y'all really mad because this means less money for PP to give to Democrat politicians?

Do you know how much $$ PP has? Why the hell should the tax payer be funding them?
edit on 20-8-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join