It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What a load of hogwash. The stats prove that women leaving a two income situation fare badly financially and that is the most logical reason why she had the abortion. Not to mention the emotional toll divorce has on both people.

I am actually anti-abortion but find it difficult to take away others' rights if they need an abortion. If aid was available to these people, I am sure the abortion rates would drop even more than they have lately. But if you also look at the stats on abortions at PP, you will see the numbers are so low that one cannot make a case for defunding. Therefore, what else could it be except religious beliefs influencing politics. Wake up people.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I hate politics, both sides, and this website now that it has been overrun by childish political views and scandals but man, I can’t help but notice the immense number of absolutely childish and scathing remarks made by trump supporters and people from the so called ‘right’ on this site. OP’s and replies. Reminds me of fundamentalist Christians with extreme agendas.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Ummm..
No..
They will still be receiving Medicaid reimbursements I believe. This only pertains to title x.
they could still provide abortions, they would just have to completely separate it from their other services. It's kind of like telling the day care center operating out of the Baptist church that they have to break ties with the church if they want to continue getting govt reimbursement for providing daycare for low income women who are depending on govt subsidized daycare. And, well we just won't get into those catholic oriented hospitals that recieve funding while letting "religious beliefs" dominate the care they provide their patients.
But this rule goes further by telling the doctors in our clinics and hospitals that they cant bring up the option of abortion even when it might be the best medical advice to give, let alone provide the care they need or refer them to a person who can.

personally. If I was a women of childbearing age looking for a healthcare provider the first question I would be asking would be weather they are in the title x program and continue looking till you find one that isnt.
This is an attempt to force healthcare providers to degrade their care down to the standards imposed onto those catholic hospitals out there.

The ignorant ones are those who are refusing to accept that there is a valid position in healthcare for abortion and seek to remove that option totally.
The ignorant ones are those who are buying into insane fairy tales like they are passing laws to make murdering newborn babies legal.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ummm planned parenthood is reject funds from trump you mean.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.buzzfeednews.com...

The organization announced Monday it would forgo federal dollars rather than abide by a rule that created barriers for family planning organizations that discuss or provide abortions.

Get the story straight.
edit on 8202019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder
Thats great.

So Jenny and Johnny make a mistake. get pregnant at 16 and should have their reproductive ability removed because of it.

That's sick.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

So you believe that poor people shouldn't have sex? How's Hell working out for you Hitler?

nope
I believe in personal responsiblity
seems you dont
that is not suprising
funny how someone bringing up personal responsibility gets labeled hitler or not

..!. .!..

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My little county clinic isnt offering mammograms either.
Heck, even if I went to my doctor, he would be sending me someplace else for one. Or even an xray. Go into a hospital and happen to need an exray and you will more than likely be getting a separate bill from the radiologist.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: InTheLight

Welcome to life. It's never enough money.

Welcome to the reality of we cant afford another kid then.

I think social services provides about $26.00 a month per mouth to feed.
IF you qualify.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So Jenny and Johnny make a mistake. get pregnant at 16 and should have their reproductive ability removed because of it.

guess they should have taken some of those FREE condoms from health class.......

poor jenny and johnny

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Sillyolme

guess they should have taken some of those FREE condoms from health class.......

poor jenny and johnny

Poor jenny and johnny and their child - always forgetting about the health and welfare of the child born into a life of poverty and perhaps being raised by immature and resentful teen parents who will not be able to see much of a future.
edit on 18CDT10America/Chicago034101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
if only they had taken the FREE condoms from health class.......
or
www.teensource.org...

if only we provided them with FREE birth control and std prevention....

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

if only they had taken the FREE condoms from health class.......
or
www.teensource.org...

if only we provided them with FREE birth control and std prevention....

While you are at providing FREE birth control throw in FREE education so teens have a better future to aim for than partying.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
isn't that exactly what health classes are?
I am confused.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

lol

roe v. wade is still intact. No one is being denied an abortion. If it was october 2020, you'd be right. But by then, they will have all forgotten about this (because little will change other than tax dollars not going towards this heinous act).

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

isn't that exactly what health classes are?
I am confused.

FREE secondary education...something else to shoot for! Studies show the more a woman is educated the less children she will have.
edit on 18CDT10America/Chicago048101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Not to drift the thread, but, doctors are pretty much at the mercy of the hospital, the insurance companies, and the Federal government/CMS. Long gone are the days were doctors had the freedom to explore all the possibilities and options that may be best for their patient. There may be a few doctors that work by choice in a Catholic Hospitals, but very few, compared to the all the non-religious based hospitals.

They sold away that position when they gave up being paid in chickens, piano lessons, housekeeping, and landscaping services for the big houses, the garage of cars, and the vacations reimbursed to them by the insurance companies. Not saying I blamed them. It just that it has backfired.

Like my mother always says, "He that pays, says."

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Before you can expect people to be responsible, there has to be a means for them to be. And our low wage jobs just aren't cutting the grade there, are they?
So, you want those who dont want to have a baby, cant afford to have a baby to stop having sex?
My first question would be is this just directed to the women and girls or is it directed to the men also?
My second would be are you willing to live by your own rules or do you just lack the foresight to realize that chances are good that you will find yourself hitting hard times a few times in your lifetime, and that even if married, there will be times when you or your spouse will decide that now is just not a good time to bring a child into the world or that maybe you have decided that your family is large enough. A time might come when those hormonal based birth control pills will pose a bigger risk to you or your wife's health. And tubal litigations aren't cheap, nor to mention if the only hospital in you area is under the catholic umbrella you might have to travel a ways to find a hospital that you can get one done it.
My third question would be if all the women took your advice to heart, just who would be around flip your kids bigmacs, stock their groceries onto the store shelves, work in our factories, food processing plants, ect.. or..drive the school bus that picks their kids up and takes them to school?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So you believe that children that are born into homes that can't provide for said children should suffer a lack of nutrition and attention.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join