It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: InTheLight

The problem is this defunding harms the most vulnerable poverty-striken people in America, then further harms the children with continuing poverty...the cycle never ends.

The problem is this... You devalue "innocent HUMAN life" and you will keep on finding excuses to devalue "innocent human life..."

I have heard the left-wing immoral claim that "If a baby can't survive on it's own and needs and incubator it's ok for him/her to be murdered" What about all those adults whom need oxygen tanks, or other medical equipment to survive?... Are they not deserving of life either?

"the unborn can't feed themselves and can't talk so it's okay to murder them..." What about newborns/babies? Well, in New York it is already alright to murder newborns whom survive abortions, and several other demonrat states/cities are doing the same...

It's ironic because the same people, the left, whom want to exonerate murderers, rapists, etc and don't want the death penalty for those "beasts" are the same people whom say "it's okay to murder the unborn and newborns that survive abortions..."

It is not your or anyone else's right to take away someones legal rights. The existing law says abortions are legal, so why punish those instead of helping them, is my question?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Maybe they can move the condoms next to the coat hangers and Drano.

I bet you don't even realize that all those mad pussy hatters voted in 2016. It was the 2nd largest turnout for democrats next to obama's 2008 election when the dems were going around from old home to old home busing people in to the polls. Trump's popularity keeps rising as the left push more and more people away.

I strongly urge you to continue saying this will hurt Trump. I bet it'll hurt him just as much as the women claiming he sexually assaulted them a million years ago, as much as the Border comments hurt him, etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, that's not what was offered.

He told doctors nationwide, not just PP, that they can't refer abortion as a legitimate option and still receive Title X money.

PP decided that this was a fascist move designed to eliminate the option of abortions, even when it's necessary, and told Trump to sit on it and spin.

Let's look at this another way.

What if this administration declared any medical facility that advised a person have their tonsils removed were no longer eligible for federal funding. How many doctors do you think would continue to take that money over giving a legitimate medical opinion.

This decision essentially says, don't do what's best for the patient. Do what's best for the President.

I can't wait to see how the AMA reacts.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Maybe they can move the condoms next to the coat hangers and Drano.

Why do you hate women and children?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: InTheLight

Welcome to life. It's never enough money.

No, welcome to a forced life of hardship on women forced to have children they can't afford and perhaps not want.

Oh, boo-hoo! No one forced them to have sex in almost every circumstance. If they'd kept their legs closed, their innocent children wouldn't need to be put to death for their mothers' craptastic personal choices in life. So I know Obama didn't want his daughters punished with a baby, but I look at it the other way -- these kids shouldn't be punished with those parents.

People are just too damn selfish these days. Oh, boo-hoo! I want to have sex. It feels so good ... and I just can't control myself! That's bull. You can, and if you don't want unwanted kids, maybe you should.

You are the best Ketsuko. You are right on point. Add to this that they don't even have to avoid sex. They just have to be responsible enough to use some form of birth control. Sure, they will say that birth control sometimes fails, but statistically that is almost never and certainly a woman is not going to have 5 kids from failed birth control methods unless they chose some stupid method of birth control.

I could even make a concession on abortion. So with each abortion both the mother and father have to agree to irreversible surgery that makes them unable to produce another child.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Krakatoa

This is not the 1950's sookie.

You wouldn't know it, with all the draconian and unconstitutional abortion bans and TRAP laws being enacted around the Red States in this country. There are many states where women have to drive hundreds of miles to access safe abortions, only to have to wait 24-78 hours because of "informed consent" laws, that assume women don't have the slightest idea what they're aborting.

Funny that...it was a Republican majority Supreme Court that passed Roe V Wade, based on the sanctity between a woman and her doctor, and their rights to privacy.

Trump, making America great again by bringing women back to the 1950s!

And just like in the 50's, those who don't think like the democrats are deemed threats to society. Funny that....

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So sex, a basic bodily imperative, should only be reserved for those with money?

You must be a big fan of eugenics.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Instead of demanding public money to go towards PP, abortion supporters should simply help PP by writing jingles to play on TV and radio advertisements. Slogans would be good too...

Got fetus?
Open legs, vacuum baby!
Are you for 86 yet?
Baby's get you down especially if they're brown!
Get sex, kill lump of cells, repeat the cycle of life!
There's only one choice to make, death!
Planned Parenthood, because your daughter will love Dumpsterland!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

a reply to: InTheLight

Welcome to life. It's never enough money.

No, welcome to a forced life of hardship on women forced to have children they can't afford and perhaps not want.

Oh, boo-hoo! No one forced them to have sex in almost every circumstance. If they'd kept their legs closed, their innocent children wouldn't need to be put to death for their mothers' craptastic personal choices in life. So I know Obama didn't want his daughters punished with a baby, but I look at it the other way -- these kids shouldn't be punished with those parents.

People are just too damn selfish these days. Oh, boo-hoo! I want to have sex. It feels so good ... and I just can't control myself! That's bull. You can, and if you don't want unwanted kids, maybe you should.

You are the best Ketsuko. You are right on point. Add to this that they don't even have to avoid sex. They just have to be responsible enough to use some form of birth control. Sure, they will say that birth control sometimes fails, but statistically that is almost never and certainly a woman is not going to have 5 kids from failed birth control methods
unless they chose some stupid method of birth control.

I could even make a concession on abortion. So with each abortion both the mother and father have to agree to irreversible surgery that makes them unable to produce another child.

You both are missing one crucial point, that poverty-striken people will most likely not have health insurance and therefore can't afford birth control.

One condom costs $2.50 say a couple has sex 5X per week = $12.50 per week or $50 per month. $50 is a lot of money that could go to buying food for a couple's existing children.

money.usnews.com...

Why isn't Trump helping these people? Rhetorical question.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So sex, a basic bodily imperative, should only be reserved for those with money?

I think she just meant sex should be reserved for people who are smart and responsible enough to use birth control or maybe even people who are in a marriage.. But regardless, maybe you shouldn't have sex if you dont want a child because after all that is the end result eventually. Common freaking sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

What about people that are smart, but can no longer afford birth control?

What about people that are married but know they can't afford a child?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

You're an idiot if you think PP was the last place you could get tested. Every free clinic offers free HIV testing. What the hell do you people #ing watch?

ETA: Just checked online and there are 5 (Five) free clinics within a 3 mile radius of me where free HIV tests are given.
edit on 20-8-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

I think she just meant sex should be reserved for people who are smart and responsible enough to use birth control or maybe even people who are in a marriage.. But regardless, maybe you shouldn't have sex if you dont want a child because after all that is the end result eventually. Common freaking sense.

We humans are sexual beings therefore one cannot say a part of who we are should be regulated. Rather, other solutions should be devised by those who run government (obviously not the people) to aid everyone in living a healthy and prosperous life in your extremely rich first-world country.
edit on 18CDT09America/Chicago03590931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 18CDT09America/Chicago03890931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: HalWesten

So they can go to any other provider, which I already posted are far more accessible than PP. It's not a tough thing to understand.

All those "other providers" are bound by the same order that Planned Parenthood is refusing to obey.

Only if they accept federal funding. If they don't it's a moot point for them, right?

Facts over your truths.

SO? It's okay to violate the 1st Amendment of health workers, who are not federal employees, because of the kind of health insurance their clinic accepts?

Please explain to me how this is a violation of anyone's 1st amendment? Is the government PREVENTING them from having an abortion?

Trump's executive order is a "gag rule" that forbids doctors and health works from uttering, or writing, certain words to/for their patients, or lose their clinics' insurance reimbursements and go bankrupt. That is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Not only that, but it once again displays this administration's general policy to keep the public ignorant to "science", like how they've silenced climate scientists. Now, they want to silence doctors and their medical staff.

You'll thank your lucky stars for that one day. You might be angry and bitter now, but you'll get over it. Eventually defeat will push you to give up and succumb to what's best.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

69? Well #. We're doomed.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Planned parenthood was a front for abortion pushers. They worked with organizations that used donated money from some powerful people to reduce population by paying for abortions for women and actually advised some women to think about using these services. My granddaughter told me they have connections a couple of years back. They may not directly provide abortions but do try to convince people to have them.

I am not anti-abortion but do not think any government funded agency should be involved at all with pushing the option. I also feel that after around five months the baby already is a human being. Unless it is jeopardizing the physical life of the woman I do not feel they should do abortions after that.

I would rather see other birth control procedures used than abortions to keep population at reasonable levels. I personally know a woman that got pissed at her spouse and got an abortion to punish him, it led to their divorce. She seemed to spiral down after that and last I heard she is now drinking and doing drugs, her husband got the other kid through the courts and is still working and taking care of them. That was almost twelve years ago, I am thinking the daughter has already flown the coop now, possibly in college. I have not talked to either of them since they split up but have heard about them through others..

The abortion did not cause the divorce, it was just a weapon used in killing the marriage. But, they did get along well before that but someone talked her into getting the abortion and her husband did not approve. It is her right to have the abortion, but also his right to divorce her and take the kid because of what she did I guess.

I had to alter that story a bit to try to hide the identity of the two involved, I would not want one of them reading this and worrying that someone would recognize who they are. The story is real, but the characters have been disguised a bit.
edit on 20-8-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

How many of them have a gynaecologist on staff and are equipped to do even your standard annual checkup?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Statistics, like math, are hard.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: MRinder

What about people that are smart, but can no longer afford birth control?

What about people that are married but know they can't afford a child?

how about a bit of personal responsibility?
seems nobody is for that these days

no thanks on your nanny state

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So you believe that poor people shouldn't have sex? How's Hell working out for you Hitler?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join