It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The map has already been posted. With only 650 Planned Parenthood locations, and most of those only providing specific services geared toward abortion, your little county clinic is likely about the only game in town. Even if you do have a Planned Parenthood, odds are they're referring people to the little county clinic for services like mammograms and pap smears because those just don't make money like selling fetal body parts does.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Government funds are used to pay for Women's Health services NOT including abortion. I believe it does pay for some forms of birth control, which I know some people are opposed to.

As a result of this, STD rates and cervical cancer deaths will increase. Abortions will not decrease as a result of this.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Once again Trump panders to his ignorant base instead of bashing decisions off of facts.

Can't wait for the number of new AIDS cases to explode just like what happened in Indiana when Pence defunded PP.

Here we go, another whitey liberal claiming all of POTUS Trump supporters are ignorant... Look in a mirror to find ignorance boy...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Right, and since planned parenthood refused to separate out their abortion services from the rest, they turned down government funding. That doesn't mean they suddenly cease to operate. Plenty of money in fetal body parts.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm not claiming you're ignorant because you're Trump supporters. I'm claiming you're ignorant because you keep refusing to look at facts.

Federal funding in no way covers abortions. All this achieves is to limit healthcare access to the poor.

But feel free to keep thinking this is some major victory that will end abortions nationwide.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And it has been pointed out to you:

If I give someone $30 and tell them they cannot buy beer with it, so they go and spend $30 dollars on meat and bread and then take the $30 they would have spent on meat and bread and spend *that* on beer, I might as well have given them $30 to spend on beer. Just because they didn't spend the exact $30 I gave them directly on beer doesn't mean the $30 I gave them wasn't used to enable them to buy beer.

If Planned Parenthood cares that much about providing valuable health services to poor women with US tax dollars, it's very simple -- they just need to divide into two separate clinics. One can provide all the abortions they want, and the other can provide those valuable services everyone is crying about, remain separate from abortion, and receive the federal monies.

edit on 20-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I would love to see adoption laws made easier, and I would love to see this money go towards helping these women afford to keep their babies.

And why is Trump not helping women in the areas you mentioned? Rhetorical question.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Prove none of the other free and low cost clinics that exist, and maps showing these have been posted in this thread, are being barred from federal monies to provide their services.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Prove none of the other free and low cost clinics that exist, and maps showing these have been posted in this thread, are being barred from federal monies to provide their services.

Prove Trump is allocating monies for women to help keep their babies.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It's called welfare, and you get a subsidy increase with each child you have currently.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It's called welfare, and you get a subsidy increase with each child you have currently.

I went through this previously, it's not enough money.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Welcome to life. It's never enough money.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

No, welcome to a forced life of hardship on women forced to have children they can't afford and perhaps not want.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

No, welcome to a forced life of hardship on women forced to have children they can't afford and perhaps not want.

Oh, boo-hoo! No one forced them to have sex in almost every circumstance. If they'd kept their legs closed, their innocent children wouldn't need to be put to death for their mothers' craptastic personal choices in life. So I know Obama didn't want his daughters punished with a baby, but I look at it the other way -- these kids shouldn't be punished with those parents.

People are just too damn selfish these days. Oh, boo-hoo! I want to have sex. It feels so good ... and I just can't control myself! That's bull. You can, and if you don't want unwanted kids, maybe you should.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Oh, boo-hoo! No one forced them to have sex in almost every circumstance. If they'd kept their legs closed, their innocent children wouldn't need to be put to death for their mothers' craptastic personal choices in life. So I know Obama didn't want his daughters punished with a baby, but I look at it the other way -- these kids shouldn't be punished with those parents.

People are just too damn selfish these days. Oh, boo-hoo! I want to have sex. It feels so good ... and I just can't control myself! That's bull. You can, and if you don't want unwanted kids, maybe you should.

The problem is this defunding harms the most vulnerable poverty-striken people in America, then further harms the children with continuing poverty...the cycle never ends.

Had Sarah had the abortion, she would have been among the 59 percent of American women receiving abortions who are already mothers. More specifically, she’d be joining the 26 percent of American women receiving abortion who already have one child — 33 percent have two or more.

www.fatherly.com...
edit on 18CDT08America/Chicago05580831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Nope, you are the ignorant one for not knowing that POTUS Trump gave 2 choices to PP.
1. Stop performing abortions and keep on receiving tax dollars.
2. Keep performing abortions and lose your tax dollars.

PP chose the 2nd part. You see, POTUS Trump is "pro-choice" after all...

Not to mention that you are twice ignorant for thinking that PP will not find funding from aholes like Soros, the Gates, etc and will continue killing the unborn and newborns that survive abortions meanwhile you keep on celebrating abortions...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Nope, you are the ignorant one for not knowing that POTUS Trump gave 2 choices to PP.
1. Stop performing abortions and keep on receiving tax dollars.
2. Keep performing abortions and lose your tax dollars.

Wrong again. Those are not the choices Trump's order gives women's health care workers.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Except this move is actually promoting abortion. Now people that might not have become pregnant because they had access to the resources offered by PP have a higher chance of becoming pregnant.

The abortion, that probably wouldn't have been necessary before, will still have the same out of pocket cost.

He didn’t close all the planned parenthood’s, he just said that they are no longer getting tax money to do it, if pp is just in it to help the poor get laid without having kids then they can still do that without my money.

In fact if all you leftist are so convinced that pp needs to exist then you can voluntarily donate to them with YOUR money and not force me to give them mine.

May I ask exactly how much of YOUR money has went to PP. You know, what percentage of your tax dollars have went to PP?

Just curious since you are so worried about YOUR MONEY.

You sound unemployed. Must not know what it's like to earn money.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The problem is this defunding harms the most vulnerable poverty-striken people in America, then further harms the children with continuing poverty...the cycle never ends.

The problem is this... You devalue "innocent HUMAN life" and you will keep on finding excuses to devalue "innocent human life..."

I have heard the left-wing immoral claim that "If a baby can't survive on it's own and needs and incubator it's ok for him/her to be murdered" What about all those adults whom need oxygen tanks, or other medical equipment to survive?... Are they not deserving of life either?

"the unborn can't feed themselves and can't talk so it's okay to murder them..." What about newborns/babies? Well, in New York it is already alright to murder newborns whom survive abortions, and several other demonrat states/cities are doing the same...

It's ironic because the same people, the left, whom want to exonerate murderers, rapists, etc and don't want the death penalty for those "beasts" are the same people whom say "it's okay to murder the unborn and newborns that survive abortions..."

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Wrong again. Those are not the choices Trump's order gives women's health care workers.

Yeah yeah, I know you want to erect a 200 feet statue to white supremacist Margaret Sanger...
But POTUS Trump did give them 2 choices...

The White House, concerned about the possible political repercussions of the Republican effort to defund Planned Parenthood, has proposed preserving federal payments to the group if it discontinues providing abortions.

www.nytimes.com...

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join