It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: HalWesten

Is that what it will take? You can't think for yourself? You need a court to translate your 1st Amendment free speech constitutional rights for you? Or, do you exercise and fight for them, like Planned Parenthood is doing?

I don't let anyone tell me what or how to think, thank you very much. I said that because you believe one way and I believe the other and we will not agree. Neither will our citizens and it will come to the SC deciding at some point. I just cut out all the middlemen.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

nymag.com... they may wanna be carefull about what gets challenged as is kind of one of the reasons the right keeps passing anti abortion laws is that they want a challenge in hopes the scotus will reppeal it

There are no abortion cases currently on the Supreme Court’s docket, but there is an entire smorgasbord of recently enacted state laws that are almost certainly unconstitutional under existing precedents — some of which are bouncing around lower courts — that could get to SCOTUS before too terribly long. Indeed, a conservative SCOTUS majority could choose the case best tailored to the action it wants to take on this subject. But if Breyer’s warning is fully justified, then Court conservatives may not bother with any face-saving slow walk toward the abandonment of a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion. The beginning of the recriminalization of abortion could arrive, to borrow a Biblical expression, like a thief in the night.

kind of how CA isnt challenging the lower court ruling on magazine restrictions for fear it gets to scotus and then would apply nationally and why NY really does not want the scotus to hear the new gun case about transporting guns outside of NY(scotus is hearing it though in upcoming term)

id post more links to the upcoming cases but it appears scotus blog is down at the moment

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

So, you believe that the government censoring and punishing doctors and their staff for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, and giving their patients the consultation that they believe is necessary, is NOT a violation of the 1st Amendment?

Look, I know that Trump isn't a constitutional scholar, and I know that red states are writing anti-abortion laws that they know are in violation of constitutions, and won't stand up in court. That doesn't mean that citizens should get confused or become complacent about their constitutional rights, and bend over when they're threatened.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I agree but most of our citizens won't take the time to educate themselves on the issues. They are content to use emotion instead of logic and unfortunately that's what we have to work with right now. We only have ourselves to blame for all of this, the majority (in my opinion) of our people just don't care because they don't think anything affects them personally. Until something does.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

The content of your post is very encouraging! Thank-you for sharing that information.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The aca is awesome! I got to keep my doctor.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

"Planned Parenthood's affiliates will tell the Trump administration Monday that they will leave the federal family planning program rather than comply with new abortion restrictions."

This is good for now...right? Not using taxpayer dollars.

Eventually the Supreme Court will ban legal abortion all-together.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Once again Trump panders to his ignorant base instead of bashing decisions off of facts.

Can't wait for the number of new AIDS cases to explode just like what happened in Indiana when Pence defunded PP.

You must not have heard. Trump said Aids will be eradicated in 10 years. Sorry, but your wish for Aids to prosper are dying with your progressive dreams.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, you believe that the government censoring and punishing doctors and their staff for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, and giving their patients the consultation that they believe is necessary, is NOT a violation of the 1st Amendment?

Look, I know that Trump isn't a constitutional scholar, and I know that red states are writing anti-abortion laws that they know are in violation of constitutions, and won't stand up in court. That doesn't mean that citizens should get confused or become complacent about their constitutional rights, and bend over when they're threatened.

What the HADES does taking away Federal funds for an organization have to do with abortion ?
In case you didn't know , per Federal law , not one cent of Federal funding can go toward abortion or anything pertaining to...
And I wager you did not know
The government was NEVER set up to fund such an organization.
After all , it is a 501(c)(3) and a member of Planned Parenthood International...
Make sure you get the term "International"

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
PP will survive but the graft will be harder.

Watch for future cases of Medicaid fraud 😎

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What the HADES does taking away Federal funds for an organization have to do with abortion ?

Ask the Trump administration, they're the ones who wrote the rule. Abortion isn't funded by federal funds, unless there's a case of rape or incest.

In case you didn't know , per Federal law , not one cent of Federal funding can go toward abortion or anything pertaining to..

Yawn.
So?

What does that have to do with the federal government refusing to reimburse any clinic or doctor for any medical procedure at all, because they refuse to censor certain medical words and terms from their patient's consultations and referrals?

The government was NEVER set up to fund such an organization.

Title X was. Planned Parenthood, like millions of doctors and clinics, receive Title X reimbursements for the services they provide. Planned Parenthood isn't special that way, they just happen to specialize in women's reproductive health.

This rule applies to all doctors and clinics that accept Medicare and Medicaid patients, not just Planned Parenthood.

While this rule does target Planned Parenthood, the people adversely affected by the rule are poor and low income women, many of whom are women of color.

So, once again, Trump is choosing to harm poor black and brown women.

edit on 19-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood gets $538 million annually from the U.S. government (aka: We taxpayers). That represents 35% of the organization's entire annual revenue.

REF - Page 30 at: www.plannedparenthood.org...

Taxpayers (You and Me) are paying for:

1) Planned un-parenthood to encourage pregnant Black women to Abort their child. "It's safer", they tell the mom-2-be.

2) Planned Parenthood to murder unborn children.

3) Planned Parenthood donates to Democrat political campaigns.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Your hope is that what happened in a group of 150 people in one "liberal" city is going to "parley across the board"?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Planned Parenthood gets $538 million annually from the U.S. government

From non abortion related services, the same as any doctor or clinic that takes Title X reimbursements.

False. Tac payers are paying for non abortion related medical services, whose rates are preset by the feds and equally applied to all non PP doctors and clinics, as well as PP clinics.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Planned Parenthood gets $538 million annually from the U.S. government (aka: We taxpayers). That represents 35% of the organization's entire annual revenue.

REF - Page 30 at: www.plannedparenthood.org...

1) Planned un-parenthood to encourage pregnant Black women to Abort their child. "It's safer", they tell the mom-2-be.

2) Planned Parenthood to murder unborn children.

3) Planned Parenthood donates to Democrat political campaigns.

#3 will be drying up.

That's one big reason Democrats are furious 😎

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe Donald Trump:

President Trump tweets on Women’s March protesters: “Why didn’t these people vote?”
www.cbsnews.com...

I assure, women who didn't vote in 2016 for whatever reason will vote in 2020.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I might be wrong, but I think this just involves title x funding. Not Medicaid/Medicare funds.
And, it doesn't just affect planned parenthood. Every clinic, hospital, doctor's office will have to accept these terms if they want to continue to get reimbursements from the title x program. Which means that none of them will be able to refer any patient or inform them of where to go to obtain an abortion or possibly even be able to inform them if their best medical advice is to terminate a pregnancy based on the conditions surrounding their pregnancy if they want to remain in the program. And, of course, they will not be able to provide that abortion themselves. And, weather you want to accept it or not, sometimes the best course of action is to terminate a pregnancy, preferably BEFORE it progresses to a point where the women is at death's doorstep. I'll be surprised if it's just planned parenthood making this move since it seems to me that to actually accept these terms would risk being forced to provide healthcare that could border on being medical malpractice.
Kind of wish they would all just tell the govt to just keep their money ( both title x and medicaid) and switch to just using their sliding scale to set the cost of care with 10 or 15 dollars being set as their lowest fee. Anyone who doesn't want to pay that small amount because they can get it for free under these programs can be referred to one of these many clinics yous seem to think are all over the place. Or, if there isnt one in that area I guess they can just refer them to a dentist office or nursing home.

By the way, our little county health clinic offers most of their services on a first come first serve basis. They usually have a nice line formed before the doors open and after you wait around all day, you might end up going home being told to come back another day. Might be rather hard keeping that job at McDonalds if your asking for three or four days off just to get a month's supply of birth control.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You ever notice how they can never answer the personal responsibility thing? As soon as someone asked it in I believe...page 2 of this thread it really should have been /thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

But it totally wasn't a violation of the 1st Amendment when Obamacare wrote in regulations repealing religious exemptions thus violating the 1st Amendment rights of other Americans when it came to birth control and abortion?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Some liberal judge will have already blocked it for "reasons".

Count on it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join