It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN: Trump defunds Planned Parenthood

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SublimecraftYEEEEEAAAAAHHH
I mean seriously, YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA

Baby murders are now de-funded, YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Once again Trump panders to his ignorant base instead of bashing decisions off of facts.

Can't wait for the number of new AIDS cases to explode just like what happened in Indiana when Pence defunded PP.

WHAT!?!? Studies have shown that outbreak was fueled by IV drug users and had nothing to do with PP.
news.yale.edu...

By all means, don't let facts get in the way of your desired narrative, though.

I love when people dont read their own source.

Our findings suggest that with earlier action the actual number of infections recorded in Scott County — 215 — might have been brought down to fewer than 56, if the state had acted in 2013, or to fewer than 10 infections, if they had responded to the HCV outbreak in 2010-2011. Instead they cut funding for the last HIV testing provider in the county.

Guess who the last HIV testing provider was in the county?

Planned Parenthood.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: HalWesten

So they can go to any other provider, which I already posted are far more accessible than PP. It's not a tough thing to understand.

All those "other providers" are bound by the same order that Planned Parenthood is refusing to obey.

Only if they accept federal funding. If they don't it's a moot point for them, right?

Facts over your truths.

SO? It's okay to violate the 1st Amendment of health workers, who are not federal employees, because of the kind of health insurance their clinic accepts?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So they can go to any other provider, which I already posted are far more accessible than PP. It's not a tough thing to understand.

All those "other providers" are bound by the same order that Planned Parenthood is refusing to obey.

Only if they accept federal funding. If they don't it's a moot point for them, right?

Facts over your truths.

SO? It's okay to violate the 1st Amendment of health workers, who are not federal employees, because of the kind of health insurance their clinic accepts?

Please explain to me how this is a violation of anyone's 1st amendment? Is the government PREVENTING them from having an abortion?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

All those women who marched in the streets with pink pussy hats will vote this time around. This will hurt Trump in 2020, when women realize what they've lost, not just from Planned Parenthood, but from every family doctor and local clinic that takes Medicare or Medicaid.

People who are predisposed to marching around in pink pussy hats didnt vote in 2016?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: projectvxn

There are a lot of things that my tax money goes to that I don't agree with.
Things that go against my very soul.

If we are all agreed that ALL the things we don't like tax money going to is on the chopping block then that would be fair.

That's a very fair position to take honestly. To be fair, my biggest issue isn't even abortion. I think it should remain as it always has, ethical, rare, and legal. But that's not what we're seeing. Especially not with this push for what amounts to negligent infanticide from the left.

There has to be a line where we have to stop with this bull# moral relativism and make a god damned decision on the type of people we want to be.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Wait ... you mean those pink hat wearing harpies DID NOT VOTE?!

Then they should shut up. If you don't vote, then why on earth are you complaining? You didn't do a damn thing to avert your fate.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

For a 14 year old girl? Yes, abortion should be an option.

I'm glad you agree that what you're advocating is killing a baby.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The court has agreed to revisit the issue at oral arguments the week of Sept. 23, raising the possibility that Planned Parenthood may yet win an injunction to delay the rule pending the court fight.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Facts over your truths.

Please explain to me how this is a violation of anyone's 1st amendment? Is the government PREVENTING them from having an abortion?

Trump's executive order is a "gag rule" that forbids doctors and health works from uttering, or writing, certain words to/for their patients, or lose their clinics' insurance reimbursements and go bankrupt. That is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Not only that, but it once again displays this administration's general policy to keep the public ignorant to "science", like how they've silenced climate scientists. Now, they want to silence doctors and their medical staff.

edit on 19-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If they like their doctor they can keep their doctor 🥳🎯

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

All those women who marched in the streets with pink pussy hats will vote this time around. This will hurt Trump in 2020, when women realize what they've lost, not just from Planned Parenthood, but from every family doctor and local clinic that takes Medicare or Medicaid.

People who are predisposed to marching around in pink pussy hats didnt vote in 2016?

Yes. According to reports from the time, it seems that many, many of the people who actually got off their asses and protested in the streets, wearing pussy hats, sat out in the 2016 election and didn't vote.

At least 69 of the 112 demonstrators captured during marches against the incoming President-elect either were not registered to vote in Oregon or did not return their mail-in ballots, KGW-TV reported Monday. The revelations followed police accounts of violence and destruction at the protests.
www.nydailynews.com...

That should frighten Trump this time around

edit on 19-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Facts over your truths.

Trump's executive order is a "gag rule" that forbids doctors and health works from uttering certain words to their patients, or lose their clinics' insurance reimbursements and go bankrupt. That is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Not only that, but it once again displays this administration's general policy to keep the public ignorant to "science", like how they've silenced climate scientists. Now, they want to silence doctors and their medical staff.

How about we let the SC decide whether it's a violation or not? Hm?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Yes. According to reports from the time, it seems that many, many of the people who actually got off their asses and protested in the streets, wearing pussy hats, sat out in the 2016 election and didn't vote.

At least 69 of the 112 demonstrators captured during marches against the incoming President-elect either were not registered to vote in Oregon or did not return their mail-in ballots, KGW-TV reported Monday. The revelations followed police accounts of violence and destruction at the protests.
www.nydailynews.com...

That should frighten Trump this time around

Trump should be frighten that 69 people who didn't vote in Oregon in 2016 "might" vote in 2020?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

nnnNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOooooo, I couldn't be bothered to figure out where my polling place was ....

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Is that what it will take? You can't think for yourself? You need a court to translate your 1st Amendment free speech constitutional rights for you? Or, do you exercise and fight for them, like Planned Parenthood is doing?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Green New Deal - Medicare for All will soak up every dollar the government takes in.

EVERTHING will have to be DE-FUNDED.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

That's more than half, in liberal Portland alone. If those statistics parley across the board, yeah, Trump should be concerned.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join