It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delayed Train Compensation Claims Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just spent 40mins on a wet and windy Welsh train station (always wet and windy) watching three empty trains fly through at full pelt due to late running.
I don't normally make a claim but since the information was so scant as to be non-existent I thought sod it!
Anyone submitted one successfully before?
Rant over.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ahhhh British trains.....

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Ahhhh British trains.....

Transport for Wales Fails.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

could be worse could be ScotRail.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Cymru

could be worse could be ScotRail.

Don’t know how bad they are but 40 mins on a windswept rainy station with no staff or real cover from the elements got my back up.
The signs are a joke. Due tines are a work of fiction. Then when the cancelled trains sail straight through you think to yourself WTF?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Just spent 40mins on a wet and windy Welsh train station (always wet and windy) watching three empty trains fly through at full pelt due to late running.
I don't normally make a claim but since the information was so scant as to be non-existent I thought sod it!
Anyone submitted one successfully before?
Rant over.

I don't tend to use this, but some of my colleagues do with success, most 'delay-repay' schemes do have set rules though. If you have an advance ticket for a particular train - i.e, one that is scheduled for 18:00 and it's delayed past a stated time period, or cancelled for reasons judged not outside the operators control, then you should expect to receive either partial or full compensation (different operators have different payments).

If you've got an open ticket, or haven't got one and was going to pay on the train, it's more unlikely as you've got no real proof you were going to travel on the one that was delayed/cancelled.

For some operators, it gets a bit more varied, but that's the main principle for I think for all UK franchises.

I don't tend to use it as typically I won't know when I'll be getting a train back.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well ...

1) I had a reply in less than 2 days
2) I got a 25% refund
3) Its coming as a voucher to cost them postage

A shame it wasn't a more expensive ticket but there you go .

top topics

join