It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Stars for anyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I usually go through my Threads and give everyone a star who took the time to reply, unless the reply is not worthy IMO. I also take the time in the threads I read to give everyone a star if the Op did not do so. From 30 past the hour until 34 past this hour I can not give anyone a star in any thread... Is anyone else having the same problem ?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This happens a lot. Usually, the star that you tried to give someone will show up later, sometimes it takes refreshing your screen for them to show up.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

it sometimes takes a few minutes for stars to show up. almost as if it is waiting to refresh the page every once in awhile. if you wait, the stars will eventually appear. has been happening for a very long time.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Remember the problem we were having between 24 and 37 min after each hour?

Now they do that all at once between six and seven AM.

At least that's been my experience.

Have you ever starred one of my posts?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I have a couple of times!

The other 66,045 stars boggle me though

Just friendly kidding.

edit on 19-8-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Sorry, but that just strikes me as a funny.

OT, I've not had a problem today, but usually when I get it, it's also when the forums don't respond at all.. Like Silly says, it's all at once now, or seems to be. I've only caught the dreaded hour of sour twice though. And I've been catching up on Ancient Aliens (what can I say, I like the mix of pure comedy and my old self pondering the what if's of things) for the last hour or so...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I have starred you in post but not usually for your CNN talking point BS.. I think it was yesterday I read something that made sense in my mind and I gave you a star as did others.. I did not even feel the need to was my hands afterwards So see I don't hate you or block you and I actually do read what you post.. It is just a very high percentage of your political post where you said stuff was going to happen Orange man bad etc etc.... Hilery good etc etc....... if you look back your heart felt talking points never happened and that ladies and gentlemen is why CNN is tanking and the leader in fake news !! hahaha

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

IMO: If one's here for "stars" and "flags"...you're not here for the right reasons. Like "clicks" and "likes"...know what I mean?

Serves a valid purpose for some...certainly irrelevant except for those who covet such things...and that's OK. IMO
edit on 19-8-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

IMO: If one's here for "stars" and "flags"...you're not here for the right reasons. Like "clicks" and "likes"...know what I mean?

Serves a valid purpose for some...certainly irrelevant except for those who covet such things...and that's OK. IMO

The stars and flags serve a purpose though and that is to get "street cred" on ATS. I'm sure without stars/flags, the volume of posts would be much lower.

I'm hardly a star millionaire but I hope in 20 years to reach 50K or so

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It is a sign of appreciation (to me) for receiving another persons input and the time they spent to reply.. Which at times can be very thought provoking..I am here to learn as much as to espouse what I think I already know..

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Yes in deed, they serve a purpose! Thanx!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Def not giving you or anyone else a star for *this* thread.

Suck it up buttercups.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I too felt that way in the beginnings of forums days...n they do help indicate, direct topics etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

The stars and flags serve a purpose though and that is to get "street cred" on ATS. I'm sure without stars/flags, the volume of posts would be much lower.

True that.

Some people live—er, post—for stars and flags, I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

True that.

Some people live—er, post—for stars and flags, I'm sure.

That is why those stars and flags should be applied ONLY every other Tuesday during Leap Years.

top topics

join