It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My weekend rant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: DBCowboy

Glad we talked, ranting is ranting, but that OP still got under my skin a bit, have a good day.

*sigh*

Once you can learn to disco dance, the mysteries of the universe will solve themselves, Gregory.

I never did learn to disco.. When my frans went to the blue light, I had to stay outside because I was wearing thongs and not sneakers. No thongs allowed. So I held everyones booze, and when they returned, I had absconded with my booty.. and all they had were blue balls, because the blue light was a teenage police ran disco, to keep the kids from doing the funky stuff kids did when they were kids.

I did develop a healthy appetite for beer, flavoured wine, and fruity drinks though. And I can dance. I can dance to the music in my soul... looks like peter garrett, but I don't judge.

You wore thongs, had blue balls and absconded with your booty!?

Those sound like some pretty wicked teen days you had right there!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

What?! You mean when my husband gets sent on business to Mexico it's not all cheap hookers and blow? There's real and super annoying work going on too?

I had no idea! Color me super shocked.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Glad we talked, ranting is ranting, but that OP still got under my skin a bit, have a good day.

*sigh*

Once you can learn to disco dance, the mysteries of the universe will solve themselves, Gregory.

I never did learn to disco.. When my frans went to the blue light, I had to stay outside because I was wearing thongs and not sneakers. No thongs allowed. So I held everyones booze, and when they returned, I had absconded with my booty.. and all they had were blue balls, because the blue light was a teenage police ran disco, to keep the kids from doing the funky stuff kids did when they were kids.

I did develop a healthy appetite for beer, flavoured wine, and fruity drinks though. And I can dance. I can dance to the music in my soul... looks like peter garrett, but I don't judge.

No I was bereft of the balls, I.. wait.. I was bereft of having the blue balls because I never got into the disco to be teased by the squirming young devotchkas. Crikey, no one flamin' reads round here.. Oo

And I absconded with all the loot. I did.

*crawls back into lerk mode, where it's safe to hide from mean rabbits*

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Who needs rest when such arrogance is on display???

Instead of telling us all how good you are you could've taken that 10 mins to log on and post to at least swing a bike lock or two as you'd prefer.

Please it's a not a rant - its a self inflicted pat on the back to thyself.

It's because people whine consistently about the Snidely Whiplash types in big business and their greed without even knowing what it takes as you go up the ladder and start earning more money if you prove out.

My husband isn't up there as high as DB, but he's up there, and he puts in the hours like he is. He's taking online meetings from all over the world as late as 10 o'clock at night sometimes. He's traveling now out of country and he's looking to take on a managerial role in the new division he moved into after putting in nearly two decades in quality control.

He's like DB in the sense that he has a reputation for sorting sh!t out, and he gets recognized for that and the extra hours tacked on with the special projects as a result.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Oh i am dancing, doing the chicken dance for you, cause i bet you are a chicken, with no feathers.

I mean.... isn’t that Plato’s definition of man?
Diogenes would beg to argue though.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

*sigh*

No I was bereft of the balls, I.. wait.. I was bereft of having the blue balls because I never got into the disco to be teased by the squirming young devotchkas. Crikey, no one flamin' reads round here.. Oo

And I absconded with all the loot. I did.

*crawls back into lerk mode, where it's safe to hide from mean rabbits*

Was it cold outside when you were wearing your thongs?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Even during working hours, the pay sucked.. the number of times I heard "Oh you're IT. You must get paid well!" was enough to drive me to drink... But I ignored it and drove myself.

Nobody works in IT for long without developing a taste for the firewater.

It's truly one of the worst fields for mental health. Constantly on, go go go, better faster stronger but do it without a budget. Downtime? Don't make me laugh. It has to work all the time but also be absolutely up to date without ever restarting!
No no no, you're not using some newfangled operating system, it needs to run on windows 98 like my computer at home, otherwise how am I supposed to muck it all up? Now pass this audit.

What do you mean this 11 year old server needs to be replaced? It cost over a thousand dollars new!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join