It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Executives tried to Pay-Off a Democrat Congressman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So Amazon and some other big corporations were ready to get grilled by a special House Committee and what do ya know....some executives started "donating" to the Campaign of the Chair of the committee !!!!!

The "Chair" of the House Judiciary Committee’s Antitrust, Commercial and Administrative Law Subcommittee is a Democrat David Cicilline.

Anti-Trust was the theme, bribery was the game 😎

And, most naturally, Amazon’s spokesperson has declined to comment 🤣

Amazon executives gave campaign contributions to the head of Congressional antitrust probe two months before July hearing

Just two months before lawmakers grilled executives from Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google at a hearing held as part of a broader antitrust probe, some of Amazon’s top executives made donations to the chair of the subcommittee leading the investigation.

Over a three-week period starting in late May, five senior executives from Amazon made individual contributions to Rep. David Cicilline, the Democrat from Rhode Island who’s leading the House antitrust investigation into major tech companies, public filings show. Cicilline became the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee’s Antitrust, Commercial and Administrative Law Subcommittee in January, when Democrats regained control of the House.

The executives include Amazon’s CEO of worldwide consumer Jeff Wilke, CFO Brian Olsavsky, general counsel David Zapolsky, SVP of worldwide operations Dave Clark, and SVP of North America consumer Doug Herrington. They all contributed the max $2,800 allowed, except for Olsavsky, who donated $1,500.

"Speechless !! 🎯"

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dosent Amazon get special treatment from the Postal Service of cut rate shipping? It;s big biz for the postal service so I doubt they will be killing the golden goose so to say.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Absolutely nothing in this country wll get fixed for the people until the individual republicans and individual democrats demand that the only issue America should be focused on is reducing conflict of interest in dc and in politics.

In fact, it will only get worse and more blatant.
edit on 20831America/ChicagoSun, 18 Aug 2019 21:20:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Jeff Bezos owns AMAZON and The Washington Post.

They are an extension of him and his morals...or lack of.

Which is why Bezos and his Washington Post fabricate LIES against President Trump.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 8/18/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I doubt it anymore.
They deliver much of their own packages, they have their own delivery trucks, and jets. Warehouses all over.

I get very few Amazon items from USPS, UPS or FEDEX anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Do you personally know trump?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

FedEx ended their relationship with Amazon. USPS will do the same as the two had a joint deal in ways with Amazon via Smartpost. Smartpost was a joint effort between the two to utilize infrastructure strong points between the two to shorten the burden on either one. FedEx took care of linehaul, USPS the last leg to consumer. Though depending on the situation it may be different logistics.

I know enough about the logistics to know Amazon is at a make or break situation.

Similar dynamics to the oil vs train quarell some time ago.
edit on 18-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
OK, true story ...

I'm doing a semi overhaul on a 1983 engine. I don't know how I did it, but somehow I lost a connecting rod nut. I found a replacement and ordered it on Amazon three weeks ago. It still hasn't arrived.

Now, I hear that Amazon can't even bribe a congressman properly. How hard is that? You shove a bunch of money in their face, they take the money, and you're good. Was the congressman holding out for free two day shipping on the cash? Give it to him!

I guess I need to get a refund on that nut. I'll just have to pay dealer price for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

It's the "3rd Party" vendor's fault 😁

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Say it ain't so...

A wealthy interest piling money on a lawmaker to grease the skids, so to peak.

The problem I have is this not registering with the greater American public. And it's not just Amazon. And it's not just this particular Congressman. It's the whole thing. All the time. Grrrrr.......

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Most of the public only sees the top 5 headlines that the MSM presents. 90% of MSM coordinate with each other daily.

new topics

top topics

join