It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it guns or something else...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
If you gave your guns to your brother in law, then I'll assume you believe he will be safe with them.

I'm good with that.

The fact you feel you had no further use for them would lead me to believe you are confident and comfortble with your life.

More people need to figure that out.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

More a matter of he's a bit on the OCD side and will take proper care of them. I wasn't.

My guns were for hunting and I decided that hunting here is not worth the effort, though if someone offers venison I will not turn it down.

edit on 8/19/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Hard to find fault with that.

If you ever head to Wisconsin, look me up.
Ill send you home with a freezer full.

I'm actually getting tired of it, can't wait for grouse season to open...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

We have axis deer here. A buck might go 120#, max. But they eat kiawe beans. Well marbled backstrap is a treat.

edit on 8/19/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Whitetail here, but im so far north theres not much sweet browse. No big white oaks, no sweet corn.

Thankfully there's an amazing trout river close by. Helps with variety during off season as i hunt/fish for most of my families meat.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Not many trout herebouts. But lots of stuff in the ocean.

Fishing is way easier than hunting.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Have you eaten squirrel? Legit question.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The car analogy is valid.

Cars offer rapid travel. That is not a guaranteed right in our Constitution. It is a convenience. In 2016 more than 100 people per day died in car accidents in this country compared to 1.3 on average from shootings. Yet no one is trying to ban cars. They gather together to cry about the senseless loss of life when there is a shooting but the idea of giving up their easy commute is out of the question - even if it would save 100 times as many lives. It seems that for all the crocodile tears and whining and crying for the cameras in the end an easy commute is worth more than thousands of lives but a means of securing civil liberty is disposable.

What a bunch of bullsh*t.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yet no one is trying to ban cars.

Who is trying to ban gunz?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Yes, when i was younger i ate everything in the woods. It can be prepared to where its not bad. Boil & barbecue it like shredded pork.

Was usually a winter camping food, when rabbits were scarce, and snow is too deep.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Thanks. I have never hunted, but am beginning by learning with (don't laugh) a slingshot.

I'm in Oregon, where there is year-round, no bag limit, open season on grey squirrel.

I've heard the whole spectrum of opinions on squirrel meat. Looking forward to seeing for myself.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Squirrel are much easier to dress and pack out than larger game.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Generally, malicious intent is not a factor in common traffic collisions.

Mere human error is generally not the culprit in shooting fatalities.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

True. Another big draw for me is the very small upfront cash outlay. Even with what is considered a Cadillac among slingshots, I've got a good kit for less than $50.

'Nother thing: shooting a slingshot makes me feel like a boy again (in a good way). I have developed a fondness for meditative slingshooting, as it were.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
A reply to: trollz

I believe there is a black budget group in the government that is so deep few outside the left wingers that started it even know about it.

They use collages, the internet to indoctrinate the young as left wing anti gun radicals.

They also could take the flakey .01% with mental problems and indoctrinate them to become mass shooters.

In the early 1980s there was a video game called Polybius.

The story is this game was part of a mind control program run by the CIA.
www.huliq.com...

Now with the internet a black budget left wing government group would no longer need to use arcades just find the flakey .01% with mental problems and indoctrinate them to become mass shooters.

Some people trained in hypnosis claim it can be done over the internet in video games

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Nothing to laugh at, a slingshot can be very effective for small game.

My son practices with his quite a bit, and i wouldn't want to be hit by it.

Just be careful with your ammunition choices. A lot of cheap shot has lead in it. Bad for you, and nature.

And seriously, wear some safety glasses.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Irishhaf

Why are we so obsessed with focusing on the tool used for the killings and not the why behind it?

Name a tool which makes it so easy to kill so many. That's the basic idea.

A truck.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I'm aware of this.
Aware of what?

In the end it boils down to regulating drunks, druggies, and morons.

No.
It boils down to availability. Actually.

for such a smart guy, you sure do fail in epic proportions when it come to reason. Guns have been around a long time, until just recently, they didn't jump up and kill innocents at a high rate. But now, they do. Hell, before the 1986 ban, a full auto weapon could be had. Now, you have to spend some $ to get them. Why weren't there mass shootings as a constant daily occurrence back then?

As I said, if you want to kill a bunch of folks, you will find a way. And to avoid getting that awkward blister on your trigger finger, a truck is a much easier way to do business.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

They have made it harder for people to obtain firearms. Even illegal for certain types/models.

They have not made it harder to get your drivers license. Nor is there any law stopping an 18 year old from buying a supercar.

However to use this legally the 18 year old will have had a period of instruction, completed a mandatory test in it's safe use, registered it and taken out insurance in case of any injury or damages caused by them.

To buy a gun it's a matter of going into the shop, fill in the forms for background check if a waiting period is needed and then collect in 10 days.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Not entirely.

No one gets driving lessons in a high performance vehicle . Its usually more like a 4 cylinder turd with good brakes.

How many parents tell their kids "be safe" on prom night, knowing their kid is probably going to get drunk and possibly drive their suburban with 6 people in it? Alot.

No one does that with firearms.

And if you read my replies to Phage you'll see I said people who want to firearms should be properly trained on:

Safe use.
Safe storage.
Safe maintenance.

I dont write the laws, or it would be mandatory.

By the way, if you want to really see something horrific- go to home depot and watch people who cant use a hammer put a 5hp chainsaw in their cart.
edit on 19-8-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join