It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it guns or something else...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: underwerks

Both parties blow chunks, if the Dems had a spine they would have forced the healthcare bill through without letting the republicans muck anything up, they were 1 vote off a filibuster proof majority they did not need the republicans but they wanted to make sure they could blame it all on the R's rather than doing the right thing and doing it the right way and taking all the risk but also the credit if done right.

I agree the Democrats should have just said screw the Republicans and did what was right. Hopefully they learned from that.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I can give you two reasons.

First, money. The pharmaceutical industry spends money on lobbyist that organizations like the NRA can only dream of. Politicians aren't going to bite the hand that puts money in their coffers. That's why when a crazed gunman kills a dozen people, he goes to jail. But when a drug manufacturer sells a drug that kills thousands, they pay a percentage of their profits as a fine. Besides, the US pharmaceutical industry is a major player in US biological warfare programs. When politicians talk about holding gun manufacturers accountable for gun violence, they are talking about Smith & Wesson and Ruger, not Boeing and Raytheon.

Second, money. It's pretty much a mathematical certainty that Federal Reserve Notes will one day go the same way as all other fiat currencies. When that happens, the government isn't going to want an angry population with lots of guns and no drugs to calm them down.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Fire... couple Molotov's crowded night club, slow cookers those tools with the marathon bombing figured it out shouldn't be to hard. (no I am not going to look it up)

How often does that happen, compared to using guns?

link   

Oh please, your guns are safe and so are mine.

Who has the guts to take on a shooting sports, hunting, and manufacturing giant like gunz. It's business, big business with corporations with solid lobbying muscle.

www.nssf.org...

"Gonna take our gunz" is just right wing BS to try and keep their base riled up.

link   
a reply to: RickyD

I've heard of some pretty bad things being done with fertilizer...i mean its a chemical more than a tool but serves the same purpose here right?

How often does that happen, compared to using guns?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No other country has this issue on the scale and frequency that America does. Other countries have guns but they don't have mass shootings. Other countries have drugs but they don't have mass shootings. Other countries...so on and so on.

It's a problem in America because we have a lot of guns that are freely available to anyone who wants one. It's way, way easier to pull a trigger than it is to build a bomb or to start a fire or to stab someone.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I agree there is little chance of an actual change that could help the people for pretty much every reason you stated, I wish it was different.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

We have roughly 20,000 gun laws at the state and federal level, here is your chance how will 20,001 stop mass shootings...

at what point do we go the problem is deeper than the tool used?

take little time and even less know how to make a Molotov and they have bene used in attacks.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

take little time and even less know how to make a Molotov and they have bene used in attacks.

By gun owners?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I will make it easy for dims. You won’t be taking anyone’s guns because we aren’t going to give them up. You will have to kill thousands of people or even 100000 or more to get guns and 99.9 of those will be formerly law abiding people that believe in the Constitution.

If you dims were smart you would go for the reasons people kill mass abounts of people instead of trying to start a civil war. You won’t stop pressure cooker bombs, rented trucks and fertilizer because no matter what you ban people will find ways to do their demented crap.
edit on 2019/8/18 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You won’t be taking anyone’s guns because we aren’t going to give up them up.

Well then, that's a relief.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It could not possibly be the stuff schools and the media teach children.
Even if the eco system doesn't collapse and destroy everything they know and love in the next 12... er... 10 years. (It's already been 2.) Then the fact they live in an evil capitalist country that will oppress them to the point the'll never get jobs, move out of their parents basements or start their own families.

I mean what would you do if no matter what, you had no future?
edit on 18-8-2019 by Jason79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You won’t be taking anyone’s guns because we aren’t going to give up them up.

Well then, that's a relief.

In what way?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Because all us unarmed Americans need someone to protect us from the US Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marines!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It is not a foregone conclusion that some sort of gun ban/buy back/confiscation scheme is inevitable.

That's what the media enchanted, weak minded would have you think - as if anyone needs to tell you what to think.

Even so, compliance has not recently proved to be a major factor in New Zealand (for example) - which interestingly and glaringly showcases what knee-jerk reactionary legislation exploiting temporary public sentiment can truly accomplish: NOTHING!

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
It could not possibly be the stuff schools and the media teach children.
Even if the eco system doesn't collapse and destroy everything they know and love in the next 12... er... 10 years. (It's already been 2.) Then the fact they live in an evil capitalist country that will oppress them to the point the'll never get jobs, move out of their parents basements or start their own families.

I mean what would you do if no matter what, you had no future?

The future is what you make it.

Maybe it is this attitude that there is no future that has contributed to this sense of worthlessness.
A constant drum beat of what's wrong with the world has made to many people depressed, isolated, and helpless to have a future.
edit on 18-8-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
And it does seems to work well in the way of acquiring votes.

Remember, just a few years ago America was a disaster.

edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
And it does fubar seems to work well in the way of acquiring votes.

Remember, just a few years ago America was a disaster.

America is still SNAFUed it's always been. Although at one time there was a voice of hope and not a constant churning of the masses with FUBAR drum beat of today.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Fortuitously, we have a president who can fix everything. Make it all like it was when he was young.

I'm sooooo happy.

edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The guns have been here a long time.
Wasn't a problem until recently.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join