It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Famiy Netflix

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Watching today.
By ep 3 you might need a murder board

The Family, a new Netflix docuseries looks at influence of a clandestine Christian organization and their power in Washington.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Do you want to go down a rabbit hole?

I can help ya if you dare!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Please do! That’s why ATS is here. I love the rabbit holes.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinite8
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Please do! That’s why ATS is here. I love the rabbit holes.

Ok man but this is really going to take time.

Look through the Panama papers, the Clinton .org and then the Trump .org. And cross reference all of those and then look to find links to the Bush family and the Obama family.

Then go and look for Russian oligarchs and Chine oligarchs.

This will take a very VERY long time but here ya go.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infinite8

America does not choose their leader.
Find the link and that person or persons does.
I am still going down this hole. Trying my best sifting through the propaganda whilst reading.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is why I canceled netflix years ago it is simple an arm for the anti christian left. They never do a docudrama of the influence of other religious groups here in America. Which so sad in my book, since it is just a dog whistle for the left to be entertained with.

edit on 18-8-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

This is why I canceled netflix years ago it is simple an arm for the anti christian left. They never do a docudrama of the influence of other religious groups here in America. Which so sad in my book, since it is just a dog whistle for the left to be entertained with.

Then perhaps you should write and produce your stories. There are plenty of platforms that will stream your christian content.

Start with this....

www.celtx.com... this is what my small production company uses to create our content for the interwebs.

edit on 18-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Na I just ignore the tripe coming out of the entertainments hatred for all thing Christian.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Zazz. Thank you for posting this information though I doubt will be widely acclaimed here on this side.

This particular rabbit hole can open more windows on ''the deep state' than many here will be willing to explore.

Warrens in this rabbit hole can be found that offer very interesting similarities and connections between this C street cult and the Sough Korean cult, Unification Church and it's ''messiah'' Sun Myung Moon. The manner in which recruits are found and the manner in which members are indoctrinated into the cult mentality.

Founder of this Family, Doug Coe had interesting CIA ties as did Moon. One of Moon's top lieutenants was attached to the CIA throughout the later part of last century.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Na I just ignore the tripe coming out of the entertainments hatred for all thing Christian.

Ever see "The Last Temptation of Christ" Or 'Exodus" or "the Robe" I can list a lot more...."The Greatest Story ever told"
"The Bible, In the Beginning" "The Story of Ruth" more?

edit on 18-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You're welcome.

It's fairly interesting from ep 2 onwards, most of the interviewees are very Pro - Coe.

The family/fellowship pretty much have set up the world's most successful unknown-yet not hidden global lobbying network that has lasted over 50 years regardless of who is in power.

Fascinating.

edit on 18-8-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I was drawn to the first printing of the book a decade ago because of the title. You see, I was conned into the Moonies in the late 60s when it was also known as ''The Family''. Like the family in this documentry, it leaned heavily towards conservative religious values, though they also worked with Democrats of ''faith''. Way back then that cult began to use it's members to bolster conservative gatherings both in public and in the quiet halls of congress. Members volunteered time with Young Republicans and other youth groups seeking to nurture future leaders of the conservative cause.

To that end, they donated millions to other conservative churches that were in financial trouble and other evangelical leaders. A short while after Daddy Bush left office he went on a speaking tour of Asia on the Moonie dime getting hundreds of thousands of dollars for his talks

When Moon wanted to buy a major newspaper in Brazil, daddy Bush put in a good word for him with the government. Moon also bought the Washington Times to help set a conservative tone in Washington politics. They still own it today.

Today, though Moon has passed, that church still worth millions support Trump wholeheartedly;

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I don't know much about the Moonies other than they do mass weddings
:
edit on 18-8-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

They are full goose bozo, and ardent Trump supporters. They believed that Moon was the Second Coming of Christ and that he would spread his message across the globe, though of course that has not happened. Now that he is dead, his widow is re-writing his theology to place her as the messiah instead of him. Likewise, his eldest son is claiming that he now will be the messiah and calls his mother the whore of Babylon. And all are ardent Trump supporters. Oh, I guess I said that already. I guess I think that needs emphasis.

I now call them the Justification Church instead of the Unification Church because of their mental ability to justify all the dichotomies nad flip flops in church doctrine.

A year or so a new member showed up here calling himself ''Unificaionist''. It sparked my curiosity so I joined into the intro thread. In reply, that new member visited my profile and read my introduction, saw where I had mentioned my time in the cult, commented, and never was heard from again. At least under that name.

i have little doubt that ATS is riddled with this type of person, hiding their true intent and doing what they can to sway threads in the direction of their own fanatical agendas.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

What are you talking about. Practically every show is about a right wing military dictatorship crushing the left under their goose stepping boots!!!

I think you are suffering from politically biased pareidolia.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

There are many reasons why Christianity is on the decline. I think most people just do not accept having an imaginary friend named Jesus. Most people stop having imaginary friends at an early age.

People are still searching for divine meaning in their lives but most of the time it has nothing to do with the God fearing. I think the purpose of religion to cultivate people who are obedient to authority is on the decline.

A religions based on obedience to authority are not going to last. Religions based on the idea God is a steward with unconditional love and we should be living in harmony with nature are going to become more popular and last longer in my opinion.

edit on 19-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I don't disagree with any of that at all.

To me, those old religions were developed way back when people were much more isolated from on another. Each religion developed without much information coming in from other areas for the people to consider. Certainly it is not unlikely that Jesus traveled and maybe even hit China where he might have been influenced by religious thought there bringing it back the his homeland. But that was not the average person.

And yes, religions are machines for authoritarianism. Once hierarchies begin developing and what might have been very good teachings start codifying into laws rather than just ''practices'' for daily life, then the authoritarianism kicks in to justify the burgeoning hierarchy .

So what I see today and basically since Martin Luther (and here I am referring only to western civ) was more information being available to the common man. And today we have this information broadly laid out before us for everyone to pick and choose how and what to believe.

I think our mental capacity has increased, not because of physical reasons so much but just by the amount of info we now have flowing. The more information, the more questions can be asked and pursued. The old religions now dependent upon orthodoxy cannot answer all those questions .

New gurus step in to either help or to con. New religions spring up and die out. I'm wondering about one of the latest religions which is ''Ancient Aliens''. That whole concept is being pounded hard into the thoughts of people by a plethora of TV programs.

But yes, hopefully we can withstand this major change in our information environment and move into less authoritarian and more harmonious relationship with both our physical and our spiritual environments,

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If you watch the documentary, it is clear that Jesus is just a mascot for these guys, they aren't "real" Christians.

edit on 8192019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Ever see "The Last Temptation of Christ" Or 'Exodus" or "the Robe" I can list a lot more...."The Greatest Story ever told"
"The Bible, In the Beginning" "The Story of Ruth" more?

When were those movies produced? 50's 60's? The final one the last temptation was done much later and they turned Jesus into a closet homo. then they try to push He was married and never was crucified. Hollywood at one time had respect but it has lost that a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

join