It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenland, Batteries, and Energy Independence.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Buying Greenland is an AWESOME idea if it could happen.

Yup. Manifest Destiny and all that.

Who was it that wrote "Go North young man"?
I cant put my finger on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If Greenland was able to be bought we would have bought it long ago. It's not for sale. past presidents knew better than to even publicize that idea. It's not Trumps idea. China has not been trying to buy it either.

The USA is not energy independent either, and Trump has done nothing in that direction either. This table was set well before he took office.

Zinc batteries may be a thing too. But it is not Trump's thing.

edit on 19-8-2019 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
And seal pups to club!
Puffin pie on every table.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
I'm sick of the stupid talking heads who walk around with said heads stuck up their own and other liberal bums.

They are sitting around in an echo chamber smelling each others farts and complimenting the aroma.

stop watching

Why did Rome succeed? In large part because of ROADS. Transportation systems allowed their dominance.

True, an ox cart can travel at 2 mph but a horse drawn cart can go 7 mph.

Trump is brilliant. As far as the battery material I feel like graphite is something we could easily make if we couldn't get it cheaper from china, it sounds like a dirty industrial process we might be better off having the chinese do:

"The process of turning carbon into graphite is known as graphitization. Graphite is produced naturally, but it is usually commercially produced by treating petroleum coke. Coke is a byproduct of the destructive distillation of coal. "

We have plenty of coal

The problem with batteries was the lithium, there were only a few big known deposits for a while, in hostile areas like Afghanistan, it was really important to get at them, really important. Then we discovered massive domestic deposits of Li in Wyoming so now I guess it is not as much of a strategic issue.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join