It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must be Karma or sumthin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yesterday I had to go to the market and I was debating what shoes to wear. It was really hot and I really felt like wearing something cool like some flip flops or something. I decided against this because I rarely ever wear the one pair of flip flops I do have, and mostly because I was afraid I'd stub my toe on something. So, I sat on the edge of the bed debating what shoes to wear, and I also thought about how painful it is to jack up a toe. I decided on my usual shoes, Keens, and headed out. As I drove to the store I continued to think about how I was glad I had some protection for my toes.

Last night, after we ate, I sat on the floor to play with the dogs and realized that the floor really needed vacuuming. So I got out the vacuum and started vacuuming the living room. Well, one thing led to another and I wound up vacuuming much of the house. Right at the end of my vacuuming binge I walked around a corner and slammed my toe right into a door frame seriously jamming (or breaking) it. Dammit! Shortly afterwards I decided to go to bed as it was late.

I woke up this morning and when I stood up there was this sharp pain. I looked down and now I have this purple little pumpkin for a baby toe on my foot. I must have done something wrong to someone, or some thing, because it seems like karma came back to bite me.

I've got a bunch of stuff to do today outside, and now my toe is going to be reminding me about every step.

I guess karma really is a bitch.
edit on 8/18/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Cant we come up with a non gender reference to karma? Sarc

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The three pains of satan:

1. Stubbed toes
2. Bit lips/tongue
3. Paper cuts

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Do you know that Keen makes flip flops with the toe guard on them just like your Keen shoes? I don't think it comes all the way around to your little toe but family members have them and they say between that and the sole they never worry about stubbing a toe.

Maybe that's not Karma....but more like you had a pemonition.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Karma is a Trumph

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Karma is a Trumph

Karma it Trumps you on the toe when you least expect it. Works for me

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I've worked in engineering for most of my life, and if you wanna' talk about paper cuts, I'll tell you the worst kind.

I used to work as a draftsman back in the day when there used to be such a thing. We used to have to make reproductions of drawings, and the process involved running a piece of light sensitive paper through a process with ammonia, along with the master, to make a copy. Cut yourself on one of those sheets of paper and you'd know it!! Used to happen all the time too. You'd have a 'mylar' which is sharp as a razor and a sheet of copy paper together and you'd have to line up the edges.

Oh man, that S# stung!!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

1. Stubbed toes
2. Bit lips/tongue
3. Paper cuts

#4 . Realizing the toilet paper is out when it's too late and the cabinet with the extra rolls is waaay over there.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I was afraid I'd stub my toe on something.

thought about how painful it is to jack up a toe

continued to think about how I was glad I had some protection for my toes. 

Last night, after we ate...

...Right at the end of my vacuuming binge I walked around a corner and slammed my toe right into a door frame seriously jamming (or breaking) it. Dammit!

Doesn't sound like karma...

...Sounds like you thought about something too much.
and caused it to actually happen in your reality

Like manafeststation destiny

That's what it sounds like to me

I often wonder if this is real and actually happens on a subconscious level and some how effects our reality

Or on the other side is it the other way around and it's like a sixth sense and you hitting your toe was going to happen no matter what and that's why you kept think of it

Or maybe a glitch in the matrix

Who knows lol

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It's called the "Duck Walk"

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I finally got a pair of Keens. I gotta say they're awesome. Been wearing hiking sandals for the past three summers now, and I just replaced my older pair with some Keens.

Yeah, I hate stubbing my toe! Our couch is right outside the kitchen door and it's getting older so one of the wooden block legs is a bit askew. It's not unsual at all to come through the kitchen doorway and split your toe on the couch. Man! That hurts like crazy, and I seem to be the only one prone to it.

My cousin's 3-year-old girl actually broke her toe badly stubbing it, and her kid is hella active. They didn't ramp down her activity level because the doctor didn't tell them to, and so it got really, really bad, and then the second doc told them to keep the kid still! How do you keep a busy 3-year-old off her feet and still?
edit on 18-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I stub my toe every day, sometimes multiple times a day. My pinky toenail once turned black and fell off because of it.

I must have terrible karma

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

That depends on what karma identifies as. 🤔

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Perhaps that toe went to other mans shoes or something...
edit on 18-8-2019 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

That depends on what karma identifies as. 🤔

Men generally refer to it as a old impregnated dog. I wonder do women refer to karma as a dick, a prick a SOB or some other male gender slam?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Keens are great shoes!! I love those things.

They're like a hiking boot/shoe and a work shoe all rolled up into one. And, they're comfortable!! Big time!!

I work in some nasty conditions sometimes (i.e. jet fuel, mud, water...and other things I'd rather not mention), and Keens hold up through all of it. They wear out fast, but they're the toughest shoes I've ever owned. I wear mine HARD, and they will give me a year or so, and that's better than any other shoe or boot I've ever owned. They're a little bit expensive, but totally worth it. You want protection for your feet...get these shoes!!

No, I don't work for the company, or have any association with it, but they really are good shoes.

Note: they do run a little small, so I have to buy size 15 (which is the largest they sell). Ordinarily, I wear a strong 13 or a 14. I just wish shoe companies made shoes for big guys.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

1. Stubbed toes
2. Bit lips/tongue
3. Paper cuts

4. Hitting funnybone on doorway
5. stepping on a lego at 3am

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Hey, at least you didn't do this to your toe.

NOTE: If you're squeamish, don't watch. You get to see things that never should see the light of day if you watch this.

Of course, sane people would say this is what you get for trying to copy something seen in a movie called Dumb and Dumber.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I don't need them to hold up to quite the amount of abuse yours will need to. I'm just looking for a comfy walking sandal that I can wear wet/dry if needed to go around town with all spring, summer, and fall instead of needing to wear tennis shoes. I have a pair of Northsides that have held up just fine for two years, but you can tell they're getting a bit worn in places. So when the chance came to grab some Keens at a good price, I jumped on them.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I had a bone hanging out of my body once, and I didn't even know it!

I was in a bad truck wreck and I separated my shoulder and hyper-extended my elbow (the most painful injury known to man). I had 17 broken ribs, bruised heart, ruptured spleen, fractured skull, was scalped, broken hip...and the only thing I could feel was my elbow!! You can't even "think" without moving your elbow. The docs were shocked...I was in ICU, and all I could say was how much my elbow hurt...they couldn't believe it. I went through 5 surgeries to repair my scalp and skull, and the only thing I ever said that hurt was my frigging elbow! It's unimaginable how much your elbow hurts when you bend it backwards!!!! It's unimaginable!! Just pure PAIN!!!

On day 2 a surgeon came in and told me I had a bone hanging out of my hand (very dangerous, compound fracture). I didn't even know it. I didn't even care...I just wanted more Demoral for my elbow. This guy was really serious about my left hand (it was smashed). In order to get my hand where he wanted it, he had to move my elbow...OMG!!! They had to give me Morphine for that! It's absolutely unimaginable how much your elbow can hurt. The doc told me he'd never want to get into a bar-fight with me because of how much it took to put me out.

To this day, I will protect my elbow more than any other part of my body. You can break my skull or back, but I will never let anyone mess with my elbow!!! OMG...it's the most painful thing imaginable!!

top topics

join