It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrath Of The Khans (Podcast)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Where to start with this one...in my personal opinion the mother of all podcasts. Atleast history podcasts.

I'm currently listening to the series for the second time after having first heard it 3 or so years ago.

For those who are unfamiliar, this is a 5 episode podcast by Dan Carlin as part of his Hardcore History series and details the conquest of the Mongols in as intricate detail as anybody could accurately achieve today. More than merely being a chronological account Dan explores the politics, the cultures, histories religions, empires and more in parts of the world many of us in the west have limited exposure to and knowledge of.

Additionally Dan examines the benefits we still enjoy today from the sheer hell the Mongol horde wrought upon the Middle Ages and raises the question of how much time needs to elapse from such traumatic events and how removed we need to be from those people to begin examining such things.

For the sake of the feint hearted I will not delve in to details but to say that today 1 in 500 Asian males are direct descendants of Genghis Khan. Let that sink in. Not related to but direct descendants.

If you're in need of a new listen I can not recommend this, Hardcore History and Dan Carlin enough.

Any other fans on here?
edit on 1882019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Brilliant isn’t it, I also really enjoyed (I say enjoyed it had me in tears quite a bit) his podcast series on World War One.

Highly recommended

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I love History and will listen to these podcasts and see what I can learn. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Oh yeah, so enthralling. I haven't heard a HH episode I have not enjoyed and iv listened to nearly all of them!

His political commentary series Common Sense is also fantastic.

Justoneman, just a heads up that most episodes have an associated fee but you will not be disappointed!

edit on 1882019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I knew nothing about khan and really enjoyed it.

Did you guys catch the part about someone saying khan's eyes were like cats. Did anyone think reptillian?

There wasn't many depictions of khan's looks though.

Man that guy was so brutal. I wonder how much he completely changed those parts of the world after rampaging through there.
edit on 19-8-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The Khans kicked some serious ass.
Dig the series.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Can’t say I thought reptilian. Dans description of the not uncommon green eyes was adequate for me

new topics

top topics

join