It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malleus Maleficarum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If anyone here is familiar with witches and their history. They know about the famous Malleus Maleficarum. A book that was written by a inquisitor for the catholic church. With the sole purpose of identifying witches and witchcraft. inquisitions all over europe, england, even the states at one time had witch hunt fever. People were hung, drowned, and burned at the stake. Men and women. Neighbors would suspect neighbors and before you know it your burning tied to a stake. If you were a hermit, BOOM your a witch. If you acted funny BOOM your a witch. My children come down with a sickness? BOOM your a witch. I been having a spat of bad luck? BOOM your a witch. See how crazy it was? It wasn't just witches that the olden days people were scared of, but werewolves too. So they had some inquisitions on werewolves too. Not sure if they ever wrote a werewolves hunting book like the Malleus Maleficarum. At least 1200+ people were killed because of the spanish inquisition, that's not including other countries like germany, france, england etc. They all had their own supernatural hysteria. The funny thing is this book was the second most widely printed copy right behind you guessed it the bible. Here is a link below of a loosely translated copy of the Malleus Maleficarum. Post if you got any more info about the inquisitions or the Malleus Maleficarum. Or just wanna share your two cents. Deny all ignorance. Knowledge and truth is what we seek.

www.malleusmaleficarum.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is your bràin on fundamentalism.
The Catholic Church has always been a malignant cancer on humanity.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
kinda like the left screaming RACIST!
history repeating itself..

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
With the great awakening building traction, I am sure there are a lot of lessons in how to confront mass hysteria. In trying to define the threat it does mention some of the characteristics of evil behavior with the embodiment of certain demons. It also acknowledges that no two angles are the same. The deceptive nature of the threat does leave a lack of clarity in its definition. Innocence of percussion is resolved by the fact no one is innocent.

With the threat we have today, there appears to be a high profile network involved in the blood sacrifice and exploitation of vulnerable people. Trends of past satanic panic exposures are to be expected when trying to resolve these challenges.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Do you have a big R branded on you ? Just like the left would brand you.

Repeatedly.

(post by sunkuong removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

We used to be controlled by religion, kept mindless by threats of the afterlife. Now we're controlled by mass media and our inherent gluttony and need to stuff our faces and eyes.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The king to the pope: "you keep them dumb and I keep them poor"

Did you know they had some twisted ways to find out if you're a Witch. One example I read went like that.

They would tie your hands and feet and throw you in the water if you'd drown you weren't a witch if you didn't the stake was waiting for you.
Way to go

I see a strong correlation to the modern day hysterie of terrorism.

NoClue

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The church played off of the superstitions of the people to instill fear and gain complete control through their own medieval version of "red flag" laws. People weren't much different than they are now. All one has to do is watch the MSM any day of the week to witness a real, "in time" witch hunt. Funny how history repeats itself!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I was doing research on how doctors came into existence (the CT side of this is quite interesting) a bit ago and ran across this info:

Midwife comes from an old English word meaning "with woman," and since women have been the traditional birth attendants throughout history, midwives have existed for as long as babies have been born. There are references to midwives in ancient Greek and Roman texts, and midwives are mentioned in the Bible. Knowledge about midwifery passed from woman to woman, and new midwives were made by apprenticing at an experienced elder's side.

When medical knowledge was scant, however, midwives were often blamed if something went wrong with a woman's pregnancy or a baby's delivery. From the 1400s to the 1600s, midwives in Europe ran the risk of being accused of witchcraft. The 1484 "Malleus Maleficarum," a famous book about witches, claimed that midwives were the most dangerous kind of witch for all the damage they could do to a new family. ...

Thanks!
blend

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thank you guys and gals. For all the lovely posts and insights on the Malleus Maleficarum. You are all right about so many things. Fear goes hand in hand with the unknown. If people don't know or understand they automatically think this is un-natural. Plus it was always easier to blame others for their own problems and sins. I remember reading that mid-wives sometimes were victims of accused witchcraft. As were people who had mental illness, homosexuality, even autism. Thank you the poster that mention the mid-wives one. Good catch. Also during the inquisition most of these poor folks were flogged and tortured til a confession was given. Some people just admitted it so they could stopped being tortured. In the Malleus Maleficarum, there are "suppose" accounts of witchcraft stories that would help identify a witch's habit or telltale signs that a person was a witch or warlock. You know like owning a black cat and broom stick. Green face and crooked nose. ROFL. Kidding.

But really it is sad that so many folks lost their lives to superstition and fear. 125k people were put up on trial for witch craft. Only 1 percent were found guilty. And that was just for the Spanish inquisition. This all started when a sort of edict from Pope Innocent VIII. Heinrich Kramer who worked for the church wanted explicit authority to prosecute witchcraft in Germany. But sad for him the "papal bull" Summis desiderantes affectibus which was said edict. Didn't pan out for kramer. Who then retired and started writing the Malleus Maleficarum. The author of our book. Also it's said that kramer even started blaming bad weather on witches. Someone must of gave this guy a vhs copy of the wizard of oz. Once again thank you guys. Keep posting if you got any more info on witch folklore, about the Malleus Maleficarum, or the inquisition to the salem witch trials. Deny all ignorance. Knowledge and truth will set us free.

P.S found this morning on youtube. Didn't get a chance to finish all of it, but I will. But wanted to share with you folks if you haven't seen it.

edit on 18-8-2019 by Nemox42 because: because a witch made me do it

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I once saw a replica, and I heard it meant "The Hammer of the Witches".
I thought to myself, so this is what they used as a hammer.
No wonder people didn't put up pictures yet.

Later I realized it was all rather quite horrific (especially in Germany), although I recall some documentary which I faintly recall actually refuted that the author(s) had the sanction of the church.
edit on 18-8-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I once saw a replica, and I heard it meant "The Hammer of the Witches".
I thought to myself, so this is what they used as a hammer.
No wonder people didn't put up pictures yet.

Later I realized it was all rather quite horrific (especially in Germany), although I recall some documentary which I faintly recall actually refuted that the author(s) had the sanction of the church.

Wow. That's pretty cool. A actual replica? written in latin? And yes it is loosely translated as The Hammer of the Witches in latin. And yes the old depictions looked like hell on earth. especially when there was multiple burnings at the stake. Which they tended to do. Bureaucrats always trying to save a few dollars, so they can spend it on themselves. I be glad to look around for some old depictions of the Inquisition but I might regret it later seeing all that carnage. Maybe we should keep this pg-13. But thank you for sharing with us about you seeing a replica of the famous book.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
deleted my comment, there is no justifying either real Witch Craft (if it even exists) OR Witch murderers (whom were mostly filthy old perverts that molested young woman accused of a crime for which they were mostly completely innocent I am sure and then murdered them).
edit on 18-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
deleted my comment, there is no justifying either real Witch Craft (if it even exists) OR Witch murderers (whom were mostly filthy old perverts that molested young woman accused of a crime for which they were mostly completely innocent I am sure and then murdered them).

LOL. I think catholic priest are into boys. Not heretics who sold their soul to the devil to be their consorts. As for if witch craft exist. It's a question of what is unknown to science and folklore. People will always believe what they want to believe, no matter what others say sometimes. Deny all ignorance.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I know that it was believed that one of the common practices of male witches was to steal an acqaintaces penis either because he admired the size of it, it's ability to still get hard, or simply to punish a man in a very destressing way. The Malleus Maleficarum has a section on the behavior of penis which are temporarily disembodied. Witches were thought to hide the penis for the time being in a bird's nest and it would come to life sitting on the balls as if they were a body and two wings and the penis would stand up like a neck and look around even eating with the urethra for a mouth. So kinda like the Loch Nest Willy if you can picture Nessie but in a bird's nest size package (pun wasn't intended till just now when I realized I had written it).

It is believed that the psychological ailment of Koro, the penis and or testicles retreating into the abdomen causing a man to think it is gone for good and will never again descend, is believed to be a possible if not probable explanation for why penis pinching, dick denying, playing cocks and robbers, sausage stealing, disappearing dongs, tackle taking, shaft stealing, rod robbery, or whatever it would be referred to happens.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
I know that it was believed that one of the common practices of male witches was to steal an acqaintaces penis either because he admired the size of it, it's ability to still get hard, or simply to punish a man in a very destressing way. The Malleus Maleficarum has a section on the behavior of penis which are temporarily disembodied. Witches were thought to hide the penis for the time being in a bird's nest and it would come to life sitting on the balls as if they were a body and two wings and the penis would stand up like a neck and look around even eating with the urethra for a mouth. So kinda like the Loch Nest Willy if you can picture Nessie but in a bird's nest size package (pun wasn't intended till just now when I realized I had written it).

It is believed that the psychological ailment of Koro, the penis and or testicles retreating into the abdomen causing a man to think it is gone for good and will never again descend, is believed to be a possible if not probable explanation for why penis pinching, dick denying, playing cocks and robbers, sausage stealing, disappearing dongs, tackle taking, shaft stealing, rod robbery, or whatever it would be referred to happens.

ROFL he said rod robbery. I know this is a joke post, but deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

The church played off of the superstitions of the people to instill fear and gain complete control through their own medieval version of "red flag" laws. People weren't much different than they are now. All one has to do is watch the MSM any day of the week to witness a real, "in time" witch hunt. Funny how history repeats itself!

Just goes to show the basics of human nature; we crave control, avoid responsibility and prefer to blame others. The methodologies may change but our drives are still the same as 500 years ago. So much for human progress, eh?

I read the Witches Hammer when I was 16.
Scared the crap outta me.
edit on 19-8-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Among a few things witches supposedly could do was shape shift. Have orgies with the devil and his demons. Steal babies and boil their skin off for magic potions, like a flight potion. Who needs southwest airlines when you can fly with the help of dead baby skin. Lots of crazy stuff when it came to what witches could or could not do. People though Rasputin was some sort of witch or warlock. Had the czar enthralled or under his enchantment. They shot him twice in two different incidents, poison him, and stabbed him before he finally died. All rumors maybe. But that guy was one tough SOB. So you get into history and the modern spiritual age on western society. People start to see psychics and mediums as witches, but are more accepted. Instead of old hag who is the consort of the devil.

Now you have gypsies looking into crystal balls, and using tarot cards to tell the future. Or so called mediums who could communicate with the dead. What rich poor widower wouldn't want to know their love one was still out there in the ether.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Just goes to show the basics of human nature; we crave control, avoid responsibility and prefer to blame others. The methodologies may change but our drives are still the same as 500 years ago. So much for human progress, eh?

I read the Witches Hammer when I was 16.
Scared the crap outta me.

Control is the only thing keeping the masses from rioting and dragging the oligarch elite onto the street and guillotine them like the french did long ago. The people can only suffer so much before their brains turn on and realize, "Hey, these guys are douches. They raise taxes to the point my kids are starving and we all mad and angry. It's a powder keg." The rich and powerful need someone to feed off them, and people need to stay poor enough to feed their needs.That's where religion comes in and racial divide."

You must have been a pretty smart and weird kid. Reading the famous "the hammer of the witch" at 16. The book is thick as hell. It's originally written in latin and the english translation isn't exactly spot on. But cheers on knowledge and truth. Deny all ignorance. Thank you for sharing your post.
edit on 19-8-2019 by Nemox42 because: a witch made me do it

<<   2 >>

join