It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Minimal Velocity For Stars To Appear as Blurs Of Light?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now you just being silly.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Start with spirit travel.

Ok.

mmph...mehrp...pppht.

Ommmmmmmm.

Didn't work.

I think you might need a quantum computer to upload your mind first. Oh, and don't forget to upload that Moody Blues song too. The aliens might need to hear a good tune when they download the data.

Hypothesis at 1:12 on vid...wouldn't the stars disappear?

edit on 18CDT02America/Chicago02920231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I think warp 4 would do it.

Probably the only thing that would be different is the color of the light from the star as it strikes the ship.

edit on 18-8-2019 by Justoneman because: plural word issue

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Just for you Care,

Warp Speed Calculator

I don't think even at 10 times the speed of light (Warp 10),

Warp 1 is light speed.
Warp 2 is X10 light speed
Warp 3 is X39 light speed.

P

I thought that Warp 2 was 2 X te Speed of Light (2c). Warp 3 was 3c etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don't trust transporter technology. Don't be disassembling me!

We are going to have to wait to see if there are any willing to be the 1st human when or if we ever get one.

Quantum communication of sounds or encrypted texts seems more realistic than teleportation of a massive object at the moment.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Under the rules of relativity the stars in front of you would be blue shifted. Depending upon one's velocity, visible light might become gamma.

Null geodesics in the Alcubierre warp drive spacetime: the view from the bridge

Photons striking the starship head-on are blueshifted, photons at 90 degrees are unaffected by the warp bubble.

Photons coming from behind the starship are redshifted, with the redshift diverging for photons appearing to come from directly behind the ship.

I was expecting Phage to point that out, he chose to say black if you look back . Yes, paraphrasing for poetic affect.

I am glad to see another who remembers the lesson in Astronomy about movement toward or away from a star causes a shift in the color spectrum we detect.

My 1st comment in this thread was about the color of the stars would be different. Your the 1st I see put it all together.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I was expecting Phage to point that out, he chose to say black if you look back .

Your expectations are irrelevant. And I said nothing about looking back.

edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I was expecting Phage to point that out, he chose to say black if you look back .

Your expectations are irrelevant. And I said nothing about looking back.

I was paraphrasing. Either way, my expectations would match quite a few others of you too. You're in your element here I can agree.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I was paraphrasing.
You were inventing.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I was paraphrasing.
You were inventing.

I will stick with my position it was an accurate paraphrase you can stick with whatever you wish to think. It won't hurt my feelings.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Good.

It doesn't hurt my feelings when I have been shown to be wrong either.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Incorrect.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Under the rules of relativity the stars in front of you would be blue shifted. Depending upon one's velocity, visible light might become gamma.

Null geodesics in the Alcubierre warp drive spacetime: the view from the bridge

Photons striking the starship head-on are blueshifted, photons at 90 degrees are unaffected by the warp bubble.

Photons coming from behind the starship are redshifted, with the redshift diverging for photons appearing to come from directly behind the ship.

I was expecting Phage to point that out, he chose to say black if you look back . Yes, paraphrasing for poetic affect.

I am glad to see another who remembers the lesson in Astronomy about movement toward or away from a star causes a shift in the color spectrum we detect.

My 1st comment in this thread was about the color of the stars would be different. Your the 1st I see put it all together.

Who here has had lessons in Astronomy about light speed movement toward or away from a star...anyone?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

See Phage.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: InTheLight

See Phage.

Even the great Phage can only guess.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

July-August-September-October-November

Or, prolly an inside joke,

Junior Achiever, somewhat Older Now!

Back to the OP’s question, velocity for stars to stretch?? Noodle scratcher. But assuming FTL travel (best bet is mass reduction through shielding gravity... like that Pais guy’s patent [if it works]), then there is horizon where photons can’t catchup: all would look black. Looking forward, who knows! You created a shield from the universe which would probably make you invisible. It would be like being in your parents basement watching Star Trek reruns, dark, cold, and lonely (except for the green alien belly dancer!!)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
If turn your head fast, stars stretch/blur.

For the winning answer.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What Is The Minimal Velocity For Stars To Appear as Blurs Of Light?

Drink a fifth of jack daniels really fast at a stand still, and everything will start to blur.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

well if we go by Star trek's description of "warp drive" they are warping space/time around them... technically not traveling thru normal space but thru "Subspace" which allows them to circumvent the speed of light barrier. so maybe the blur is simply a result of the curvature of space/time around the vessel? just a thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu
I drank a bunch of Boone's Farm one night back in the day. All of the stars were whizzing by my head and then they all disappeared!
Not quite sure where they went though!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join