It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Minimal Velocity For Stars To Appear as Blurs Of Light?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

I don't trust transporter technology. Don't be disassembling me!

The safest route would be figuring out how to empower our "spirit body" to explore the universe. The human spirit is a tangible being, from what I've read. It's not constrained by the same laws our physical body are subject to.

Are you talking OBE's? Because that is what it is sounding like. I agree that we are more than what our avatar's contain.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Start with spirit travel.

Ok.

mmph...mehrp...pppht.

Ommmmmmmm.

Didn't work.

edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

But the general consensus is you'd have to drop to sub-light speed to send a transmission back to Earth. Otherwise the transmission would never leave the broadcasting antenna, or something like that.

Unless quantum communication can be achieved.
Instant communication anywhere in the universe.

I suppose once humankind becomes that advanced, we can incorporate ourselves into a Quantum packet and go anywhere, instantly.

You would need a suitable environment to go to. We would need the quantum communication and ships to build a suitable environment to go to first. That would take a while to do.

NASA's having a tough time finding enough money to get mankind to the Moon again. So you're right. It will take at least "a while".

At least SpaceX is trying.

It's still very humbling to know that there's so much "out there" to explore, and yet we struggle to get to a ball of rock that only 230,000 miles away.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Just as, with several observations, you can determine in what direction the star is moving.

Actually, spinning on this planet we live on, it is our POV that is moving relative to the star. You are more likely to discover which way the Earth spins.

Lol

P

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

We know in which direction the planet spins. We also know how it revolves around the Sun. We also have a pretty good notion of how the Sun moves within the Galaxy.

Yes, we can figure out how stars are moving. Especially the closer ones. And we can also tell, by timing the thunder, if a storm is approaching or moving away.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Did you play well with the other kids in the playground?

P

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah.
Except Richard. Never did like him much.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
My God 4 pages and nobody has the answer ? 🎯

Q Continuum

In the beginnings of what Quinn called the "new era", the Q engaged in constant dialogues of discovery and other universal issues. However, eventually, the Q came to realize that they had experienced, observed, or discussed literally everything imaginable. This resulted in the virtual shutdown of the Continuum as a society, as the immortal beings simply saw no point in even conversing with one another anymore.

Quinn was imprisoned on a rogue comet for eternity to prevent him from ending his own life, until he was accidentally released by the crew of the USS Voyager in 2372. In a courtroom hearing to determine his right to political asylum, Quinn described the Continuum as a lazy, old way station along a deserted desert road – he argued that the road could take them to anywhere in the universe, but the Q had already been everywhere. In addition, everything both old and new had already been discussed, and so the roadhouse was silent – there was nothing left to say. Therefore, Quinn argued that being forced to remain alive was a continued burden to him, a burden that he did not want to continue to bear. Q argued that the death of a Q would create chaos in the Continuum. Voyager captain Kathryn Janeway ruled in Quinn's favor, granting him asylum. A day later, Quinn committed suicide. (VOY: "Death Wish")

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Starships do not utilize the Continuum.
Only Q do.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

No..but you can find the Thunderstorm based on what direction you hear the thunder coming from.
You cannot tell in which direction the storm is moving however. With several observations you can. Just as, with several observations, you can determine in what direction the star is moving.

With a star, we're "seeing" with our eyes where it was 4, 40, 400, etc.. years ago. How do you calculate where it will be for our warp 5 space ship to arrive, without wasting time/fuel getting there?
edit on 8/18/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

But the general consensus is you'd have to drop to sub-light speed to send a transmission back to Earth. Otherwise the transmission would never leave the broadcasting antenna, or something like that.

Unless quantum communication can be achieved.
Instant communication anywhere in the universe.

I suppose once humankind becomes that advanced, we can incorporate ourselves into a Quantum packet and go anywhere, instantly.

You would need a suitable environment to go to. We would need the quantum communication and ships to build a suitable environment to go to first. That would take a while to do.

NASA's having a tough time finding enough money to get mankind to the Moon again. So you're right. It will take at least "a while".

At least SpaceX is trying.

It's still very humbling to know that there's so much "out there" to explore, and yet we struggle to get to a ball of rock that only 230,000 miles away.

And disheartening to think maybe we were not meant to. Still to young as a species. If we cannot control our own emotions, as a species, how could we even begin to think we are ready for something more complex?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

By making several observations to determine its proper motion and knowing its distance and thus being able to account for light lag.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The safest route would be figuring out how to empower our "spirit body" to explore the universe. The human spirit is a tangible being, from what I've read. It's not constrained by the same laws our physical body are subject to.

Are you talking OBE's? Because that is what it is sounding like. I agree that we are more than what our avatar's contain.

Yeah...that's it. Out of Body travel. We should be able to trigger it voluntarily. No heart-attack needed. Something for the scientists to work on.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

No..but you can find the Thunderstorm based on what direction you hear the thunder coming from.
You cannot tell in which direction the storm is moving however. With several observations you can. Just as, with several observations, you can determine in what direction the star is moving.

With a star, we're "seeing" with our eyes where it was 4, 40, 400, etc.. years ago. How do you calculate where it will be for our warp 5 space ship to arrive, without wasting time/fuel getting there?

By plotting the Ships course in a similar way that the Pilot works out where he needs to go and yes, the airport he is moving because the earth is spinning

P

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Science would probably first have to have evidence that consciousness can exist outside of our bodies.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Maybe the ships computer could help?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Start with spirit travel.
Ok.
mmph...mehrp...pppht.
Ommmmmmmm.
Didn't work.

It might take practice. Keep trying!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Science would probably first have to have evidence that consciousness can exist outside of our bodies.

Like documented cases of it happening?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Yeah...that's it. Out of Body travel. We should be able to trigger it voluntarily. No heart-attack needed. Something for the scientists to work on.

The JASON advisory group is still relevant 🥥

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Jeffrey Epstein is spirit travelling. But he can't come back. We need to overcome that small hurdle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join