It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Minimal Velocity For Stars To Appear as Blurs Of Light?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

But what if you're using subspace communications?

I'll look up "subspace" and get back to you...

Edit: OK, I'm back.

Subspace:
"A hypothetical space-time continuum used for communication at a speed faster than that of light."

Way over my head cowboy!

edit on 8/18/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: highvein

But the general consensus is you'd have to drop to sub-light speed to send a transmission back to Earth. Otherwise the transmission would never leave the broadcasting antenna, or something like that.

Unless quantum communication can be achieved.
Instant communication anywhere in the universe.

I suppose once humankind becomes that advanced, we can incorporate ourselves into a Quantum packet and go anywhere, instantly.

You would need a suitable environment to go to. We would need the quantum communication and ships to build a suitable environment to go to first. That would take a while to do.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

That there's your problem.

Ansibles work great (in theory, whatever it is, details are lacking), but you have to get them to where you're going to use them.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

That would be so cool.

I wonder what the stars would look like.

Even at Warp 5, you'd only pass by a few stars before reaching your destination that's 50 light-years away. (I think)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Under the rules of relativity the stars in front of you would be blue shifted. Depending upon one's velocity, visible light might become gamma.

Well then, member Projectvxn was correct. You'd see nothing but some blue specks in the front, but mostly darkness when travelling faster than the speed of light. A boring trip, but at least you won't age much!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yeah. There are about 100 or so stars within that distance of Earth but you wouldn't be passing them all in any particular direction.

But isn't the question about what stars would look like while traveling at warp whatever?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

If our eyes are "playing tricks on us", then it's best leave navigation to the computer.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that when we look at a star, it's not really there. It was there years ago, but it's now someplace else in the sky.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Do you also have trouble understanding why you hear the thunder after the lightning struck?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I don't trust transporter technology. Don't be disassembling me!

The safest route would be figuring out how to empower our "spirit body" to explore the universe. The human spirit is a tangible being, from what I've read. It's not constrained by the same laws our physical body are subject to.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Right.

But I'd like to visit in person.
edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Within a warp field, time slows down, according to Einstein

I don't recall Einstein talking about warp fields.

Did you attend all of his seminars?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

But the general consensus is you'd have to drop to sub-light speed to send a transmission back to Earth. Otherwise the transmission would never leave the broadcasting antenna, or something like that.

I suppose once humankind becomes that advanced, we can incorporate ourselves into a Quantum packet and go anywhere, instantly.

You would need a suitable environment to go to. We would need the quantum communication and ships to build a suitable environment to go to first. That would take a while to do.

NASA's having a tough time finding enough money to get mankind to the Moon again. So you're right. It will take at least "a while".

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

No.

Did you? In which one did he speak of warp fields?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

But isn't the question about what stars would look like while traveling at warp whatever?

That's settled now. Blue stars in the front and pitch black sky to the port/starboard/stern.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

a reply to: highvein

That there's your problem.

Ansibles work great (in theory, whatever it is, details are lacking), but you have to get them to where you're going to use them.

And that is where Subspace comes into play. About 10 to 20 centuries from now humanity could be leap frogging the Universe.
edit on 18-8-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Do you also have trouble understanding why you hear the thunder after the lightning struck?

No..but you can find the Thunderstorm based on what direction you hear the thunder coming from. A star that's 4 light-years away can be anywhere. Most likely it's nowhere near the point of light you see in the sky.

link   

Blue stars in the front and pitch black sky to the port/starboard/stern.

Blue shift does not means that the stars would be blue, it means that the light would be increased in frequency. If shifted merely to ultraviolet it would still be invisible to our eyes.

link   

NASA's having a tough time finding enough money to get mankind to the Moon again. So you're right. It will take at least "a while".

At least SpaceX is trying.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

No..but you can find the Thunderstorm based on what direction you hear the thunder coming from.
You cannot tell in which direction the storm is moving however. With several observations you can. Just as, with several observations, you can determine in what direction the star is moving.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Right.
But I'd like to visit in person.

Start with spirit travel. Maybe come across a species that can tell you how to bring your body along for the next visit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join