It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s threat to label Antifa terrorist group triggers row in Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Germans are Always Rushin' to Judgments . Antifa are just being Bad Boys and Girls Right Now . Right Mr. Rogers ?

edit on 17-8-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

If people go somewhere looking for trouble, they usually find it.
Antifa is a mob.
Find out where the funding is coming from. I wonder how much, if any, comes from our very own government.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I have a good idea about where it's coming from, a few people come to mind.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

So, trump isnt a antifashist? I am antifa of course! I hate nazis! Like most people on earth!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Personally, I would be cautious about banning diverse groups like Antifa. It may be the thin end of the wedge. What you need to do is to deal with the behaviour of individuals. If you ban Antifa then who next?
edit on 18/8/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

What's in a name...

It's tempting to think antifa only means "against fascism" (because who isn't against fascism?)

They are more against capitalism than fascism and I would assume Trump is the exact opposite of that...

I agree with Paraphi on this issue, be cautious about labelling a group like antifa as a terrorist org.

Peace
edit on 18-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: oloufo

What's in a name...

It's tempting to think antifa only means "against fascism" (because who isn't against fascism?)

They are more against capitalism than fascism and I would assume Trump is the exact opposite of that...

I agree with Paraphi on this issue, be cautious about labelling a group like antifa as a terrorist org.

Peace

Sadly around 5% of the german population are dreaming of a forth reich. So there are still facists around. Racism is on the rise all over europe. In germany 6% of the people are muslims, mostly normal people, but if you follow all these right wing accounts it seems we are in a civil war down here. Reality is: life in germany is safer nowadays then 20/30 years ago. You are right antifa is against capitalism too and sometimes they attack police and burn down cars and stuff, thats the wrong way, but i know some and most of them are peaceful activists. But their first goal is to fight neonazis, thats for sure. Peace from the wonderful wörthsee in bavaria!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
"Trump’s threat to label Antifa terrorist group triggers row in Germany"

Some learn from their history. Germany knows what fascism does and we don´t need it again.
Who wonders, except some right wing extremists?

Now the USA learns how it is to live under a fascist regime, some decades later it´s reaping the rewards of Operation Paperclip.

Have "fun" with it, Germany is watching the show, knowing how it will end. Only that the allies this time will be other countries than in WWII, trying to destroy the fascism on earth.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
If people start labelling violence and aggression as 'terrorism' it completely demeans the idea of it, clearly there are growing tensions between left and right, but this will only increase those tensions. Not to mention a complete insult to those victims of genuine terrorist atrocities.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Antifascist isn't an organization, it's an adjective. It's a label that various groups apply to themselves because they oppose fascism. They aren't an organized group like the right wing narrative wants you to think.

Think about it. Criminalize a label that people use to refer to themselves and you have a weapon to use against anyone that opposes the government. Don't support some dumbass economic policy? You're a terrorist. Want to protest something else the government does? Well, you're antifa now. And a terrorist. And as such your right to free speech and all other rights can now be suspended.

Mark my word, all of you supporting this fascist tactic will one day suffer from it.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Antifascist isn't an organization, it's an adjective. It's a label that various groups apply to themselves because they oppose fascism. They aren't an organized group like the right wing narrative wants you to think.

Think about it. Criminalize a label that people use to refer to themselves and you have a weapon to use against anyone that opposes the government. Don't support some dumbass economic policy? You're a terrorist. Want to protest something else the government does? Well, you're antifa now. And a terrorist. And as such your right to free speech and all other rights can now be suspended.

Mark my word, all of you supporting this fascist tactic will one day suffer from it.

perhaps then if they are not part of the group. and are just people against certain ideals, they should not be using the name of a group that is directly associated with the communist thuggery as their label. and that would be the name Antifa. and not just the name. but the symbol they use is almost identical to the original German communist group as well.

or lets look at it this way. if i were part of a loose collection of people against communism. and we chose to name the group "brown shirts", or "stormtroopers". and used a swastika as our emblem, what would be your opinion of the group? would you not associate sad group with Nazism? would not the association be pretty much automatic. especially if we were to use many of the exact same tactics as the Nazi brownshirts used. just as the currant crop of Antifa thugs are using the same tactics of their German communist thug forbearers.

in fact i have no doubt many of the people who go with the "Antifa" name tag, are just people who are against what they are being led to believe is "fascism", and wanting to help fight it. just as many these days are joining up with groups like "the proud boys", not because they are racist and such. but because they are also opposing the left's fascism, and want to fight against it. much like many in pre-Nazi and Nazi Germany joined up to help fight communism, since that was the main group fighting communism at the time. if you look at it the rise of "white supremist groups" in the US, after such a long period of almost dormancy, are actually the result of the far left and what they have been doing, especially after 8 years of Obama. it is things like that that drive not just people joining the far right groups, but has actually been causing the resurgence of actual racism. after all nothing causes racism like the inequality pushed on them, especially when it has been done in the false name of equality.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Antifa did have some brawls during their protest and some members, mostly in Portland, did some vandalism. Most protesters are not Antifa, it's a small group. As a label it just means antifascist, which I would think is an American value.

On the other hand, the other side is driving trucks into protesters they don't believe in, committing mass acts of terror and explicitly stating their reasons were white nationalism, hatred of immigrants and the left, and the rhetoric of Donald Trump.

It's hilarious but also sad because they have to demonize Antifa as a terrorists because the FBI has stated this year that white nationalists/fascists were responsible for almost every act of domestic terrorism this year. Almost Every Single one. So of course the fascists are trying to project that it's actually the other side that are terrorists. This is the only way they can keep peddling their "both sides are The same" bull# even tho the FBI and all crime stats point to the opposite, that it is one side that is committing all the major violent acts.

F*k fascists, f*k white nationalists, and f*k every Republican that is standing up for them and providing cover for them by trying to create a false "both sides" equivalency that simply doesn't exist. They are criminals and traitors and they are the antithesis of everything America is about.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you make Antifa a terrorist group, then you are making an ideology a terrorist group.

Antifa is an ideology.

Mostly communist, but we never did make communism a terrorist group.

Hmm, your point is well made.

I suggest upon pondering this that we do call out all communist as being anti humanity and be done with it. They clearly want to run humanity in the ground and slim that population worldwide.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Antifa did have some brawls during their protest and some members, mostly in Portland, did some vandalism. Most `

On the other hand, the other side is driving trucks into protesters they don't believe in, committing mass acts of terror and explicitly stating their reasons were white nationalism, hatred of immigrants and the left, and the rhetoric of Donald Trump.

It's hilarious but also sad because they have to demonize Antifa as a terrorists because the FBI has stated this year that white nationalists/fascists were responsible for almost every act of domestic terrorism this year. Almost Every Single one. So of course the fascists are trying to project that it's actually the other side that are terrorists. This is the only way they can keep peddling their "both sides are The same" bull# even tho the FBI and all crime stats point to the opposite, that it is one side that is committing all the major violent acts.

F*k fascists, f*k white nationalists, and f*k every Republican that is standing up for them and providing cover for them by trying to create a false "both sides" equivalency that simply doesn't exist. They are criminals and traitors and they are the antithesis of everything America is about.

America is about Freedom. Any of what you said their about freedom or about someones hate?

People actually doing violence are the haters not the victims.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Shhhhucks, KKK still hasn't been officially labeled a terrorist organization and they got American blood and souls on their hands. Thankfully, the FBI takes them seriously but "certain" Americans don't toss "terrorist" group on their name. I wonder why?

And Capitalism has them both beat. Capitalism lets you get away with genocide too...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Shhhhucks, KKK still hasn't been officially labeled a terrorist organization and they got American blood and souls on their hands. Thankfully, the FBI takes them seriously but "certain" Americans don't toss "terrorist" group on their name. I wonder why?

And Capitalism has them both beat. Capitalism lets you get away with genocide too...

Hell yea they are terrorist. I have the fortune of meeting a real American who took them out and handed them over with his recordings that they caught the ones that bombed the Birmingham Church murdering little children going to Sunday School.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Hey can you find this on the news?

I dont seem to be able to.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You do know this is just rhetoric right?

They are not a terrorist group and they are not going to be labeled one.

You have to ask why trump would pick this opposite to white supremacy group to harass.

But he also thinks theres no recession on the horizon and all US citizens are rich with loads of money in the bank to spend.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

So where is the head of this organization?
Who is the leader? Its headquarters are located where?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If anything I learned from listening to 3 hours of live podcast from "PeteLive" on the Portland Antifa riots (What a waste of my time) it would be that Antifa are considered (by rightwing) as the footsoldiers of the left opposition...

Not sure what you want to make of that but it has little to do with German Antifa and it would seem to me that it is just an other right vs left american thingy..

Let them ban it.

I'm still expecting one of these days to finally read "Well if Trump is in charge I wouldn't mind a little dictatorship"

Peace
edit on 19-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join