It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong then Taiwan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Currently destabilizing Hong Kong, to prime it for a puppet president.

Goal was by 2047, but seems might come much sooner.

After which, Taiwan begins.

How many US troops will die fighting THAT war?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

This may be what it seems on the surface, but any of this will end with the CCP disassembling from the inside. Mark my words. When it seems most imminent, people will be suddenly saying, "Wow, that turned quickly". Don't worry about HK or Taiwan falling to CCP rule even if the stuff has nearly hit the fan or even starts to.

edit on 17-8-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
Currently destabilizing Hong Kong, to prime it for a puppet president.

Goal was by 2047, but seems might come much sooner.

After which, Taiwan begins.

How many US troops will die fighting THAT war?

If that war really is going to happen. I would guess the number that die depends on when it is fought. The sooner the better as far as the numbers go.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

edit on 17-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
When China got Hong Kong back in 1997 Hong Kong produced roughly 25% of China's GDP.. Now it is around 3% so China can take the gloves off without much damage to their total GDP. Anyone who thought China would abide by the agreed rules laid down by the 1997 transfer and let Hong Kong alone until 2047 was very myopic on world affairs and China in particular..

As far as a full blown war over Hong Kong IMO it will not happen so you can basically kiss The past Hong Kong goodbye once the Chinese communist make their move to settle things ... Do you think they will hesitate to kill and disappear hundreds and thousands of residents in Hong Kong ? I don't..

Good news is there will be many new organ donors so the prices should fall for new hearts, Kidneys, and Lungs coming out of China.(sarc)

theconservativetreehouse.com... /#more-168200

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.inkstonenews.com... eh they aren't quite to the level where it would be a possibility for china to take Taiwan and as they don't exactly have experience in amphibious assaults it could end up being a bay of pigs situation for china if they tried

Military analyst Collin Koh, from the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies at Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University, said an amphibious operation to take over the island, as outlined in the report, was unlikely due to China’s inadequate sealift capability and the inability of its amphibious forces to work in concert with other services. “Amphibious assault landing operations are, after all, highly complex operations that require so many moving parts across branches and services that it’ll take much effort and time to promote and inculcate that concept and spirit of fighting jointly and in an integrated manner,” he said. Koh’s view was echoed by Timothy Heath, a senior international defense research analyst at the US think tank Rand, who said inadequate numbers of ships capable of transporting troops for an invasion remained an important shortfall for any Chinese military plan to invade Taiwan. “Amphibious assault ships and other vessels for conveying combat troops onto the beaches of Taiwan are essential because invasion is the only way the PLA can guarantee conquest of Taiwan,” said Heath, adding that the PLA currently has a relatively modest inventory of such ships.
throw in the us chiana relations act and were bound to defend them just like we are japan and i don't see china wanting to poke that bear just yet ,with japan to the north and the Philippines to the south its not like we don't have the infrastructure near by to help our ally in the pacific

few other links www.cnn.com...
although i would not want to be a Taiwanese tank commander in the event of an invasion

That makes it vital for Beijing to neutralize Taiwan's navy and air force in the early stages of an attack, Kaushal said. "The Taiwanese air force would have to sink around 40% of the amphibious landing forces of the PLA in order to render this sort of mission infeasible," he said. Essentially, that's only about 10 to 15 ships, he added. If they did make it across the strait, the PLA would still need to find a decent landing spot for its ships. China's military would be looking for a landing site both close to the mainland, and a strategic city, such as Taipei, with nearby port and airport facilities. That leaves just 14 potential beaches, Easton said -- and it's not only the PLA that knows it. Taiwanese engineers have spent decades digging tunnels and bunkers in potential landing zones along the coast.
we usually have one carrier battle group near japan and that almost erases chinas superiority in numbers of aircraft vs taiwan

foreignpolicy.com... also keep in mind the last time china went to war it was with vietnam after we had left and they were pretty much kicked out by the Vietcong

time.com...

It would take just six weeks for Beijing to call off its “self-defensive counteroffensive.” Teaching the Vietnamese a lesson turned out to be a costly affair. Official casualty statistics have never been released by either Beijing or Hanoi; however, analysts have estimate that as many as 50,000 soldiers died during the confrontation. “I heard that [China] said they wanted to teach Vietnam a lesson, but I can’t see what the lesson was,” says Hung. “Our job was to fight against them. But the losses, to be honest, were huge.” When the Chinese began their pullout in early March, the retreating troops implemented a barbaric scorched-earth policy. Every standing structure in their path was destroyed. Any livestock they encountered were killed. Bitterness was sown. Much like Dim, 59-year-old Nhung fears that someday the Chinese may return. Illiterate and impoverished, the ethnic Tay native remembers how Chinese troops gathered all the food stocks from surrounding villages and set their provisions ablaze. “It didn’t stop burning for 10 days,” she says.
which ironically lead to much greater relations with the soviet union at the time and later pretty good relations with former enemy the USA

and as an aside if you know your history the ROC has a history of destroying/opening dams in attempts to survive en.wikipedia.org... so knowing that context id assume if it looked like Taiwan was going down they would throw everything they could at 3 gorges dam in an attempt to take it out and cause a good deal of chaos for the mainland of china,assuming they could get past the missile defenses and anti aircraft batteries and ya know be willing to go for a legit war crime. and from everything ive read unless they get a hold of bunker busters not much would dent it short of full on nukes but desperate things happen when people/animals get cornered so who knows any more

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Don’t think the Hong kongnese stand much chance unless they fight and are willing to accept huge losses, I do not think western nation are likely to help either given the financial situation, any conflict with China would likely bring on a Great Depression, which will likely trigger much more widespread war

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The question is how long will the Chinese wait before rolling in to HK? They have already readied the forces which means they must have made a plan. So, what will be the trigger? I would guess a bomb placed by the Chinese which will give them the excuse! So the people of HK are focked basically and they must know it. WIll they themselves be preparing to resist, I would guess so. So its going to be a prolonged and bloody urban gorilla war which will decimate HK. Shame as many of us like HK!

Focking Chinese!!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Intel would know.

I hope they fix it, things ain't looking too stable for them right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: letni

To play devils advocate it seems to me that 1997 at the end of the 100 year lease they basically said you really cant have the land back with a simple hand over. My thought is that since China became communist in the interim between the signing in 1898 to 1997 after the 99 year lease was over. The international community raised hell and what they tacked another 50 years to hand it over.What do you expect China feels screwed cause the game keeps changing.

edit on 18-8-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
the past 3 mos of social psy operations are cuz us is not happy with just port calls to hong kong.

of course the hk sheeple think its all about their welfare, hah.

us wants/needs military bases all over hong kong and Taiwan in order to take on/over mainland china and Russia.

what us wants, us gets! nwo.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The day the USA and China go to war over Taiwan is the day that secret subterranean extraterrestrial bases are discovered on Callisto (one of the moon's of Jupiter).

Yeah, right.
edit on 19-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: Subterranean

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So its just a matter of a nother decade or two that places like HK, Taiwan, etc are puppet states not sovereign countries.

Like Singapoor

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

True, all that.

Wow.

Agreed, there is not any point trying to make any agreements with the mainland communist Chinese.

They need to just implode first, then maybe would keep agreements later, but not until the implode first, IMHO.

Look at all the past agreements they have so-called 'agreed' to, and didn't do.

Worse than *cough* … worse than even the US. Hate to say that. Ugh.

join