It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen goods on ebay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: MrRCflying

Literally as simple as giving a statement to your local PD.

People do this kind of thing because people think giving a statement is “not worth the trouble.”

If it's all internet based and involves other countries(I assume it does), a local PD report would seem like an absolute waste of time.

I'd still report it, but to the company or the insurance company that payed out. But calling a county station to report a international seller selling a product of mine manufactured in a different country would get filed away and forgotten, rightfully so.

Actually, it is all within the US. Shipped from Buffalo, to Corning NY area. The seller is in Georgia. Who knows how they made it that far.

Well that is different, but still involves multiple police agencies. See my post above. The insurance company has the most incentive to investigate this, getting the information to them would be the most beneficial way to seek any sort of outcome.

Would the insurance company even bother over a couple of hundred bucks? They would probably spend more than that investigating.

Probably not, but they are the only ones that would have any recourse. Since you were compensated with product and the manufacturer was presumed to be compensated for the loss. They are the only one that is "out" anything.

They wouldn't bother probably for a few hundred bucks.

If that's the case(the small cost) you might as well contact ebay and try to get the seller removed for selling product with your business name on it, that they are not a part of. That's the best you could probably hope for.

I will let them know, and see what they want to do. Probably nothing. It is just the point of the whole thing. I try to run a honest business. I guess I expect others to do the same.

More than likely they have changed hands several times before ending up in Georgia. Who knows if they could track down the original source. It had to be during shipping as it arrived that way. Probably someone on the inside.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

So does eBay.

I’ve worked cases with eBay. This is not remotely difficult for them, and they have every reason to not want fences on their site.
edit on 16-8-2019 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: MisterSpock

So does eBay.

I’ve worked cases with eBay. This is not remotely difficult for them, and they have every reason to not want fences on their site.

Most those eBay boys are ex seals from what I hear......

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Contact the seller on ebay and tell them you would like to pick them up in person. Then fill a paper bag with dog poop, and set it on fire on their doorstep and ring the door bell.
Or you could climb on their roof, and put their hose down their chimney, and turn it on full blast in the middle of the night.

Then message them the next day, and say, " Sorry I didn't make it to pick up the product yesterday, would you like me to come tomorrow". Then go back in a few months and getem again

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i see tons of stuff on ebay below wholesale costs.
its obvious someone at walmmart or tarrget opened some boxes out back, before the box got to the aisles.

i also see tons of lego minifigures from china, but it stinks, they jack up the price, no discount for the stolen lego figures lol.

edit on 16-8-2019 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
buy the items ! you will have the sellers adress …

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'd report it to ebay and the authorities regardless of value.

My speculation would be that somewhere in the shipping process somebody got sticky fingers. UsPS, FedEx, UPS.. somewhere in the mix - and while $200 isn't grand theft, stealing mail is serious.
edit on 8/17/19 by Hefficide because: Because USPS and UPS differ by one letter and my previous typo of having said UPS twice was embarassing as Hell

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join