It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blames mass shootings on mentally ill, calls for more mental institutions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IrisMoonie

I have a conspiracy theory that these mass shooters are being recruited by some kind of terrorist network and then being triggered by operatives in this terrorist network to hit soft targets and demoralize society.

That terrorist network is largely right wing/white supremacist, and the operatives are online propagandists as well as the POTUS and rhetoric.

That's one of the biggest avenues to radicalization these days.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Even then, you still have to prove dangerousness in a court of law. Something that is notoriously hard to do.

Besides, at that point aren't you just taking Red Flag laws to 11? Instead of forfeiting your guns because your friends, families, and neighbors have said your dangerous you're now being committed and forfeiting all your civil rights.

How is that a reasonable solution?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It seems to me, this comment supposes the actions of the mass shooters are triggered by random news feeds, opinions, and tweets in the given media available to the public at large. If this is true you can only blame the shooter because most people who have access to the same triggers as the shooter are not being triggered to go on shooting sprees.

If that is the case, and perhaps it is, and there's no conspiracy to be found here, then I thought it would be best to focus on the most pervasive delusion in society.

Life after death.

If this delusion could be corrected, and a shooter realized he was annihilating another person's existence absolutely upon killing that person, would a shooter repent?

I am thinking the answer is, Yes... at least in some if not all cases.
edit on 18-8-2019 by IrisMoonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Need a soldier repent for killing a civilian whom he has been told (by those in authority) is the enemy?
edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I once got a lecture from a retired police officer who had taken a life in the line of duty. If I recall exactly, he said he had nightmares every night.

I dont exactly know the circumstance you're trying to describe, but I'd say unless you know you or others are going to be killed by an offender, you don't have a right to kill that offender.

In some cases like serial killers you can prevent them from killing again by jailing them. The families of their victims would naturally want vengeance and I could not disagree. But I still believe it is inhumane for a human to kill another human and no one should ever want to do that.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I dont exactly know the circumstance you're trying to describe
I am describing the mindset of someone who has been convinced that civilians are the enemy. If that is an indication of mental illness then very many soldiers are insane.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hmm... That's an interesting mind set... How does a soldier become convinced that civilians are the enemy? Is the soldier frequently threatened and attacked by civilians?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Is the soldier frequently threatened and attacked by civilians?
Are Mexican civilians invading the US?
Jews or Muslims?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Please give an example and cite circumstance of civilians attacking soldiers and, if you can, a relative frequency of such type of incidence you see as accurate.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Mogadishu.

But that's not really relevant to the notion that mass killers are by definition, mentally ill. Is it?

If someone is convinced, by whatever the means, what they are doing is right and just, are they insane?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

How does a soldier become convinced that civilians are the enemy?

How does a civilian become convinced that other civilians are the "enemy?"

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

Don't blame the crazy ones, blame the drugs they are prescribed.

Sandy hook, aurora...those guys were on SSRI'S like I was, doctors get commission from selling that nightmare fuel, you lose control and are prone to flip out, I told my doctor it's crap, he gave me another prescription because ka-ching.

Guns are fine, but some belong on the battlefield and not at home.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

What about 30-50 feral hogs?

And the 2nd.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Is a suicide bomber insane?

They threw away their life and others.

Sounds like they hate life and have reached a point of maximum despair.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Is a suicide bomber insane?
I don't know.

They threw away their life and others.
For something they believed in?

Sounds like they hate life and have reached a point of maximum despair.
Desperation? Perhaps. Some preach that these are desperate times. That there is an invasion afoot.

edit on 8/19/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I heard of a school killer who felt rejected.

This can feel like a major threat to a person's livelihood because a person is a social animal.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Good night. Gonna make my melatonin now. Got a full day of serotonin uptake planned tomorrow. It should be a sunny day.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Just say no to drugs.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Clever meme, it says a lot about you.a reply to: mekhanics

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: InTheLight

Even then, you still have to prove dangerousness in a court of law. Something that is notoriously hard to do.

Besides, at that point aren't you just taking Red Flag laws to 11? Instead of forfeiting your guns because your friends, families, and neighbors have said your dangerous you're now being committed and forfeiting all your civil rights.

How is that a reasonable solution?

Because there is a link between mass shooters and domestic violence and everyone needs to step up to be part of the solution.

And when it comes to shootings and people with a history of violence, family members are disproportionately at risk. Everytown found that between 2009 – 2016, 54% of mass shootings involved the murder of an intimate partner or family member. Recognizing that intimate partner violence is a red flag for future violent behavior, many legislators have stepped up in a major way to stop the sale of guns to former abusers.

www.joinonelove.org...

“I’m getting dressed, and I’m listening to the news. And when they said the Air Force did not inform law enforcement that he had a domestic abuse connection?” she said. “My neck turned around like that woman in ‘The Exorcist.’ That was like me.”

To the rest of America, she wants people to listen and to see the connection.

“Every time we talk about in gun violence, it’s steeped in emotion by people who don’t want anyone to take their guns away,” she said. “It seems that mass shootings are a way of life in America today. So why don’t we put the gun emotions aside and address it from a domestic violence position?”

www.thelily.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join