It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blames mass shootings on mentally ill, calls for more mental institutions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Mental institutions.
Internment camps.
Concentration camps.
Death camps.

all variations on a theme to lock away a segment of society that is found inconvenient.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So far none of these mass shootings have been committed by the homeless.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It is hate and rage that makes these people shoot up a crowd.

Not crazy.

Crazy people are more often not dangerous to anyone but themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Those people don't own guns.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You may have missed a few but that's a really good start.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

The mentally ill are just a segment of the homeless. 25% vs 6% in the general public.

30% are families with children.
7% are youngsters on their own without parents.
Most are white males. 70%

and not all panhandlers are panhandling for booze btw or self medicating either..

As for mental health and shooters, if rage and hate can be considered mental illness then yes ...
but they dont lock away wife beaters in mental hospitals or people who cut off bad drivers and give them the finger either. Rage and hate don't fall into the category of mental illness.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I dont know... lets ask the mother with three little ones living in her car what kind of job she can do.
She will probably take anything that pays rent and food and childcare. Any jobs like that out there for a single mother?
Because most households these days require two incomes at least to make ends meet and most people dont even have $400.00 put away for a car repair if tragedy strikes.

(post by Ironclad1964 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

How dignified.
Maybe we can get them to lick boots too.
I mean they're just flotsam right?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

A higher percentage of homeless are families with children vs mentally ill.
Then there are the youngsters who have left their homes and are living on the streets.
These people do not need a mental hospital.

And crazy people are not going around shooting into crowds.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I agree with one of your later points, how many truly homeless/street wanders have committed mass murders? I don't think mental institutions will have any impact on this phenomena.

But it does appear the many of these mass murders have mental issues that were simply covered up by meds. These meds don't really solve anything and my opinion make things much worse because they simply mask the symptoms while the underlying issue festers and worsens.

But as for mental institutions being like a gestapo, where does the free will of a society have more importance than the free will of an individual? If you say never, then we no longer have private property. In that case, when someone forces their way into your house, eats all of your food and decimates your domicile, you have nothing to complain about...right? ... or am I missing something here?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Possibly worth considering that it's our respective societies that are "mental" and that the people are simply a product of such.

After all, we are all products of society, from the lonely homeless person, to the current POTUS of the nation.

The world is what's crazy, and that's by design, or so it seems to me.

Fact is division nevermind the multitude of mental maladies makes us far easier to control.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

He is suggesting this as a way to curtail mass shootings.

Its not an issue of humanitarian treatment and care of the mentally ill.

He really thinks this is a solution to gun control.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I don't know about where you live but most cities have ordinances where people must clean up after their own pets.
So there wouldn't be such a job in the city where I live.
There are street sweepers. City workers who belong to a union.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Trump blames mass shootings on mentally ill, calls for more mental institutions

At what point do political rivals become the newest "mentally unstable" who need to be locked away? It's a slippery slope.

I wouldn't put anything past this fascist regime.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Even though our society is simply a sick reflection of who we are in the majority, do we still not possess morals? I would say the majority of our sick society views killing as wrong, with that feeling being one of the major natural instincts there are.

It still comes down to personal responsibility. Like the responsibility of doctors to try and delve into why someone is constantly depressed, or hears voices, or has suicidal tendencies and not just prescribe them something easy where the doc still get paid, does not get sued and makes the problem go away in 30 minutes flat.

Our current society may start an individual down the wrong path, but our PHDs enable it every step of the way, without any type of scrutiny or responsibility for their pure greed. And in fact, when such individual starts questioning the governing conglomerate of the mind and body, they are then labeled as being sick. That to me is sick indeed.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

"Miss Polly had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick.
So she phoned for the doctor to be quick, quick, quick.
The doctor came with his bag and his hat
And he knocked at the door with a rat-a-tat-tat.
He looked at the dolly and he shook his head
And he said “Miss Polly, put her straight to bed!
He wrote on a paper for a pill, pill, pill"
"I’ll be back in the morning, yes I will, will, will."

Thing is, i don't think there is a pill yet invented for what ails us in this day of age.

Whats sick to me is peoples propensity to swallow the same crap, time after time, generation after generation, and expect different results.
edit on 17-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Whats sick to me is peoples propensity to swallow the same crap, time after time, generation after generation, and expect different results.

Would you be willing to elaborate on what you view as 'crap'? Has our society always been this sick? Has it gotten sicker over the last 30 years? If you could start the ball rolling towards recovery, where would you start?

sorry for the multiple questions

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I don't think the problems we have are predominately down to morality ClovenSky.

But a shot in the dark suggests, we have far too few haves, and far too many have nots, to me anyway.

It's the distribution of wealth and power amongst our respective populations that's directly responsible for the majority of our socioeconomic and sociological predicaments.

We are divided on so many levels is hard even to know where to begin, and the division is what "they" use to perpetuate the status quo.

Same crap slightly different wrapping paper i suppose, the scenery changes but the stage remains the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join