It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found live round in my shop

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Piggy315

Call your boss and the police if you're worried about it. Otherwise this isn't newsworthy. Why even

Yeah but it's better than the same old # we've been talking about for weeks.

When I was a kid, my sister and my buddy next door would stand in my parent's closet and stare up at the crack in the door leading to the attic. Our eyes would eventually see something stare back or run past, sending us into an adrenaline rushed frenzy. Why can't this bullet be from a government agent and set there as a warning for piggy while he was off to lunch?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
One suggestion is to not talk about politically charged opinions while at work...
I don't I avoid that and religion while at work.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Call your boss and the police if you're worried about it. Otherwise this isn't newsworthy. Why even

Partial curiosity if there is a meaning. And IDK why not.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Piggy315Came back an hour later and found a 5.56 lake City round put squarely on the center of the floor. Not weird until you throw in never ever have I owned a 5.56x45 nor have shot one in a long time.

What is weird is that you would recognize the caliber and even the brand of ammo that you have never owned nor shot in a long time.

I'm pretty fairly loud in my general dislike of the current and former(s) administration and Congress. Have I perhaps pissed off someone or a very very weird coincidence.

Do you seriously believe that you, who works in maintenance for an apartment complex, have attracted the attention of some government agency to the point of attempting to intimidate you?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Be nice to everybody.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Piggy315Came back an hour later and found a 5.56 lake City round put squarely on the center of the floor. Not weird until you throw in never ever have I owned a 5.56x45 nor have shot one in a long time.

What is weird is that you would recognize the caliber and even the brand of ammo that you have never owned nor shot in a long time.

I'm pretty fairly loud in my general dislike of the current and former(s) administration and Congress. Have I perhaps pissed off someone or a very very weird coincidence.

Do you seriously believe that you, who works in maintenance for an apartment complex, have attracted the attention of some government agency to the point of attempting to intimidate you?

The green tip gave away it wasn't a hunting/target round. So I googled the letters on the bottom of the casing. And not really but some nutter from the left or right. Possible. Also was wondering if there was some meaning behind it. Internet searched was so easy for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
One consideration is that there are assholes like me that occasionally do this sort of thing just to mess with folks we know.

Never done it with ammo though, I prefer fruit. Or just things that will be like gifts of a sort.

I suppose its possible you gained the attention of some agency, though just being outspoken probably wouldnt do it nowadays. Pretty much everyone is outspoken about everything with the internet.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So you picked it up, handled it and put your prints and DNA all over it.

What did you do with it then?

I hope you didn't set it on the table and leave it. You're being framed. I'd pack a bag and skip town.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Could it have rolled under the door, from outside the door? Dropped by someone walking down the hall. You know how round things get a life of their own when dropped.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
So you picked it up, handled it and put your prints and DNA all over it.

What did you do with it then?

I hope you didn't set it on the table and leave it. You're being framed. I'd pack a bag and skip town.
Handled it like a dummy. On my person now. Might have too

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Could it have rolled under the door, from outside the door? Dropped by someone walking down the hall. You know how round things get a life of their own when dropped.
Maybe if the poked it in with something. Barely much space. And I've got it partially carpeted. Found it about 4 feet from the door. Tip facing the door.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well, there is the old see if the landlord is snooping trick. A tiny piece of paper wedged in the gap on the side of the door so it falls out unnoticed when opened.

I nailed a landlord once when she was snooping, by rigging all the drawers and doors in an apartment. She went through every drawer and closet in my place a couple of times a week while I was at work and when confronted with the proof, problem was solved. She was just a busybody, but it does happen. She never did it again.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Reminds me of a time long ago when I illegally entered a strangers apt, finding nothing of value in the unit other than a drawer full of dildos, I left one standing straight up on the living room table clearly visible on entry to apt, locked up and left, I'm sure just a prank. Lol

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If it makes you feel any better, the lake City .223 ammo I bought came green tip 1000 rounds in an ammo can on stripper clips. So it's not a rare round by any means. I'm sure you asked the other folks you work with if any of them might have lost it right?

Lake City and Federal are the two main producers of bulk ammo for the AR-15 chambered in .223/.556. (based on my shopping experience)

I'd keep the round unless you find it'w owner, just in case you are being framed for the next shooting.

You should just admit you like Trump and all this could go away. Muhahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Well, there is the old see if the landlord is snooping trick. A tiny piece of paper wedged in the gap on the side of the door so it falls out unnoticed when opened.

I nailed a landlord once when she was snooping, by rigging all the drawers and doors in an apartment. She went through every drawer and closet in my place a couple of times a week while I was at work and when confronted with the proof, problem was solved. She was just a busybody, but it does happen. She never did it again.

Damn, were you sleeping with her???

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Careful you don't put your eye out.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Piggy315

originally posted by: schuyler

The green tip gave away it wasn't a hunting/target round.

Yes and no. US Federal Greenies can be frequently found in bulk cans via surplus dealers for considerably less per round than standard consumer market ammo. There's nothing overly unique about the round... contrary to popular misconceptions, it isn't armor piercing, it simply has a steel penetrator tip, but it's certainly viable for either hunting, target shooting, or personal protection.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Damn, were you sleeping with her???

...he did say he "nailed her once," didn't he?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It is most certainly a threat.
Very common round. I use it for both practice and real world.
Most ranges will not allow it because of the steel content.

My guess is that you have droned on about your political opinions and pissed someone off.
Take the warning as a STFU message. I would say report it, but you've already fouled the scene, so why bother.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join