It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing Older Weather History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hello Ladies and Germs,

Was comparing older weather temps from a youtube video from my city back in 1985..the temp for March 26, 1985 at approximately 5:11 pm in Boston, Massachusetts was 68 degrees which to me sounds really warm. I then strolled over to the weather underground page and looked at historical temps from the same day and time...they listed the temp for Boston on the same day and close to the same time at 48 degrees. That's quite a discrepancy...does anyone know of any weather sites that can actually go back that far so that I can compare multiple sites? For clarification purposes I provided both areas from which I gathered the information..
Youtube Link
Weather Underground

Update...so checked into the Farmers Almanac where they reported the weather to be 48.9 degrees on that same day...so could the Youtube video from the National Weather Service simply have been wrong for that day?
edit on 16-8-2019 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Farmer's Almanac
edit on 16-8-2019 by chrismarco because: Because I refuse to check my work before hitting send...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Urban heat index vs. satellite data perhaps?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

will take a peak...thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Update...so checked into the Farmers Almanac where they reported the weather to be 48.9 degrees on that same day...so could the Youtube video from the National Weather Service simply have been wrong for that day?
The youtube video is not from the National Weather Service, it's from The Weather Channel. No telling what they were using for temperature data but it sure doesn't jibe with the forecast (which was from the NWS).

You can obtain historical data here:
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Records of airport reports (METAR) can be found here:
mesonet.agron.iastate.edu...

edit on 8/16/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/16/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Historical wx data comes from NCDC, and we're paying for it, so thanks for pointing the OP there. When I was still an active duty USAF officer, I worked in a co-located unit, The Combat Climatology Center (now it's the 14th Wx Squadron, I believe) at 220 Patton Ave. Asheville NC. Their observations database contains records submitted by Ben Franklin even!

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Seems like a Mandela Effect anomaly - remnants of different worlds remain in video format, sometimes?

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 05:23 AM
link   
At this point ..

They are pushing the climate hoax hard

All data is going to steer to prove clime hoax agenda

Difficult to find correct data

Farmers almanac maybe
edit on 8-7-2023 by Dyax- because: Typos

new topics

top topics

join