It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Remoaners Plotting a Coup d'etat against the British Government

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So the majority of those who voted in the EU referendum voted to leave the EU , the majority of those who voted in the Conservative leadership election voted for Boris Johnson as he promised we would leave the EU on October 31st in accordance with the will of the people but now those who can't accept the will of the British people are plotting to bring down a government that wants to do exactly what it said it would do.... leave the EU !

Senior Tory Ken Clarke and former deputy Labour leader Harriet Harman are both prepared to lead an emergency government to avoid a no-deal Brexit, Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson has said.

Ms Swinson rejected Jeremy Corbyn's proposal that he should be caretaker PM if he wins a vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson's government.

The Liberal Democrats really should drop the "Democrats" part of their name and go back to being just Liberals because as it is they must be in breach of the Trade Descriptions Act.

Ms Swinson put forward Mr Clarke and Ms Harman - who are the longest-continuously serving male and female MPs - as potential caretaker prime ministers, saying they were both experienced and command respect across Parliament.

"I have been in touch with them because obviously you don't just mention people's names without checking that they're OK with that," she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"They put public duty first and they don't want to see a no-deal Brexit," she added.

"If the House of Commons asks them to lead an emergency government to get our country out of this Brexit mess and to stop us driving off that cliff to a no deal, then yes, they are prepared to do that."
www.bbc.co.uk...

This woman has 14 Members of Parliament and thinks she has the right to dictate the anti-democratic direction it takes ...

The plan is for for the pathetic excuse for a party leader , Jeremy Corbyn , to call for a vote of No Confidence in the government which with a Parliamentary majority of just one puts Boris Johnson government in serious peril , then Tory Fat Cat Ken Clarke and Labour's Harriet Harman will lead an emergency government to protect us from Brexit.... and probably start the process of revoking article 50.

There's been a feeling of a General Election in the offing for a while , I'd suggest this treachery brings that another step closer.

Make the call Boris , let's show the plotters the power of Democracy and just how sick the people of this country are of them.

edit on 16-8-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is it normal over there to depose the PM over fulfilling campaign promises? I would think there would be some stipulations to sonething like a vote of no confidence so it can't be used against someone because they don't agree with you.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Is it normal over there to depose the PM over fulfilling campaign promises?

I've forgotten what normal is in the past 3 years since we voted leave , the unwillingness of those who espouse "our great Democracy" at any opportunity unwilling to put their words into action , instead preferring to pretend they know better than all of us and try to override our decision at every turn.

If nothing else Brexit has opened my eyes to the sham that is our Parliamentary Democracy.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's not a coup d'état, there would be a vote and the current government would have to lose a vote of no confidence. That's a pretty standard method and completely legal and above board.

I think it shows the snakes up for what they are though, and they will pay for it for years from the electorate if they manage it.

The problem is in the media here everything bad is blamed on Brexit, everything. The propaganda machine is in full flow. They hope that if they manage to stall it again people will be so fed up that they will forget it, or as May tried offer something that isn't actually Brexit.

I'm pretty disgusted with politics here in the UK at the moment, although I've never held them in high regard they have hit a new low which is a feat in itself.
edit on 16-8-2019 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It’s not a coup it’s a legal method of removing a government that does not have support of parliament. Am not saying it’s a good idea but let’s not pretend it’s something it’s not.

It might not even work.
edit on 16-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It’s not a coup it’s a legal method of removing a government that does not have support of parliament. Am not saying it’s a good idea but let’s not pretend it’s something it’s not.

It might not even work.

In the event of no deal leading to a vote of confidence, I'd say anyone but Corbyn seems a better idea. He (Corbyn) is fairly mad that people should think that though.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm surprised they didn't blame the Russians for meddling in your elections causing the results of the Brexit vote or use your intel agencies to try and bring down Boris already. Maybe I spoke too soon?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Does it not matter that parliament doesn't seem to have the support of the people? As in the majority voted for brexit, but parliment keeps trying to find away around the will of the people on the issue? If its legal its legal...just seems counter to how a democracy/representative republic would work. I don't pay a ton of attention to UK politics and am not sure what the ideals behind your form of government are like I am with my own here in the US. Just seems ripe for abuse to allow such a deposing of an elected official because a majority of parliment doesn't agree with the will of the people who elected them all.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It might not even work.

With such a slim majority (1) it only takes one or two Conservative MPs who either don't want a No deal Brexit or just don't want Johnson to vote against the government for it to happen , I think we will have a General Election sooner rather than later .... before Parliament returns from its Summer break.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

It might not even work.

In the event of no deal leading to a vote of confidence, I'd say anyone but Corbyn seems a better idea. He (Corbyn) is fairly mad that people should think that though.

The plan proposed is awful don’t get me wrong but he would really only be PM for a few weeks at the most pending a general election.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just to say....

It’s basically a choice between this, proroguing parliament or a no deal....either way we are #ed and in a massive constitutional crisis.

Last government of national unity was WWII that should give some indication as to how utterly #ed we are.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

It might not even work.

The plan proposed is awful don’t get me wrong but he would really only be PM for a few weeks at the most pending a general election.

Maybe, maybe with an SNP/Green coalition and with other tories against no deal, the election certainly wouldn't fall into the lap of the tories and then Corbyn would be seen as the de facto PM. To be honest, if this had to happen then the idiots who kept voting against May's plan should have looked long and hard at the alternatives before being so belligerent.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It might not even work.

With such a slim majority (1) it only takes one or two Conservative MPs who either don't want a No deal Brexit or just don't want Johnson to vote against the government for it to happen , I think we will have a General Election sooner rather than later .... before Parliament returns from its Summer break.

It only takes 1.
That's the issue - any one of the Tory MP's can take a position of demanding what they want or they bring down the Govt.
There are many traitorous MP's who are working with the EU to stop Brexit despite their constituents voting for it.
It's scandalous. Of course to the traitors in our country, the means justify the ends.
edit on 16/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

May's plan was largely drawn up by the EU and signed off by Mrs Merkel , it would have made us a vassal state of Europe , like a child on a leash we would have the illusion of freedom but no say on our direction of travel.

There is an option to No deal and Johnson is pursuing it , we don't want a No deal but must be prepared for it if the EU decline to negotiate , something they've been loathed to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It sounds like you've got your own #resist situation. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What would it take to amass a HK type of protest 100,000 in the streets?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
While this is not a coup d'etat, it does have a parallel in that a political group is seeking to take control by removing the incumbent elected government.

Brexit was always compromised by the fact more MPs wanted to stay shackled to the EU than was represented by the outcome for the Referendum, where the majority of the electorate wanted to leave.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So the majority of those who voted in the EU referendum voted to leave the EU , the majority of those who voted in the Conservative leadership election voted for Boris Johnson as he promised we would leave the EU on October 31st in accordance with the will of the people but now those who can't accept the will of the British people are plotting to bring down a government that wants to do exactly what it said it would do.... leave the EU !

Senior Tory Ken Clarke and former deputy Labour leader Harriet Harman are both prepared to lead an emergency government to avoid a no-deal Brexit, Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson has said.

Ms Swinson rejected Jeremy Corbyn's proposal that he should be caretaker PM if he wins a vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson's government.

Ms Swinson put forward Mr Clarke and Ms Harman - who are the longest-continuously serving male and female MPs - as potential caretaker prime ministers, saying they were both experienced and command respect across Parliament.

"If the House of Commons asks them to lead an emergency government to get our country out of this Brexit mess and to stop us driving off that cliff to a no deal, then yes, they are prepared to do that."

The plan is for for the pathetic excuse for a party leader , Jeremy Corbyn , to call for a vote of No Confidence in the government which with a Parliamentary majority of just one puts Boris Johnson government in serious peril , then Tory Fat Cat Ken Clarke and Labour's Harriet Harman will lead an emergency government to protect us from Brexit.... and probably start the process of revoking article 59

Lol!!!! And people keep talking about *unelected leaders*

They're all scratting around for their piece of fame and making decisions

the people NEVER voted for

Patronising the electorate as being dumb and "too stupid to understand

what they were voting for" There should be a way the public/electors can

get rid of the M.P's that reneges on their manifestos.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The plan is for for the pathetic excuse for a party leader , Jeremy Corbyn , to call for a vote of No Confidence in the government which with a Parliamentary majority of just one puts Boris Johnson government in serious peril , then Tory Fat Cat Ken Clarke and Labour's Harriet Harman will lead an emergency government to protect us from Brexit.... and probably start the process of revoking article 59

Patronising the electorate as being dumb and "too stupid to understand

what they were voting for"

That sounds an awful lot like what we heard from the Dems in 2016 - something like, "We clearly underestimated how stupid many American citizens are".
Welcome to the club.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Johnson was ejected by less that 100k people.

Opposing hiim is hardly a coup.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join