It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Will Now Allow Rashida Tlaib To Visit Her Palestinian Family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Call me whatever you want, I think a patriot is probably most fitting, but I think as long as any country thinks it's ok to ban democratically elected American legislators from their country, we should think about banning that country's product from our households.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Well that's good. Now she can come back and talk about how hateful everyone was to her.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: ganjoa

Got a link?

ETA: Nevermind, here is her statement on why she isn't going now.

"I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice," she tweeted.

Link

Never could understand how a racist could consider themselves someone who fights against racism. What a snowflake.

Anyways, all she did is attempt to give a pity story because she thought Israel would turn her down again but she was wrong, they didn't turn her down, and she lost the chance to say anything about them not letting her visit her grandmother - who she obviously doesn't care much about.

Here's the gist of how that went down...

Talib: Israel is a piece of #.

Israel: You're banned from coming here.

Talib: But wait, I may never see my grandmother again, she's in her 90's and dying! I MUST see her!

Israel: Ok, we'll lift the ban so you can see your grandmother since this may be your last chance to see her before she dies of old age.

Talib: NO! I refuse to go into that oppressive environment!

Who elected that sack of #?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

They shouldn't. She can go, she can pay.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

People just like her elected her. Look at where the Muslim Congress members have all come from. The same place. This is all about the election year. Just like Pelosi and the SOTU address...it backfired on them.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Call me whatever you want, I think a patriot is probably most fitting,

...in so much as a loud fart is fitting in a quiet church.

I somehow don't think your boycott of diamonds (US top import from Israel) will equate to even one cent fewer sales as I'd be shocked if your purchasing activities involve anything that high brow and the second largest import from Israel to the US is high blood pressure medication... honestly, if you require such pharmaceutical and opt to boycott them over Ra#a Tliab, then, well... more power to you, patriot.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

So you think American politicians have the RIGHT to go to other countries and stir up problems and no country has the right to refuse them entry?

Sentiment like that is everything that is wrong with America.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Someone just said Rashida tlaib hates Israel more than she loves her grandmother. Theres a ring of Truth to that it seems.

edit on 8/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

People just like her elected her. Look at where the Muslim Congress members have all come from. The same place. This is all about the election year. Just like Pelosi and the SOTU address...it backfired on them.

Weren't Omar and Talib's districts both breeding and recruiting grounds for ISIS soldiers?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yes. Omars is very well known for Somalis and Talib is from Detroit.

L ink

More men and boys from a Somali American community in Minneapolis have joined – or attempted to join – a foreign terrorist organization over the last 12 years than any other jurisdiction in the country. FBI stats show 45 Somalis left to join the ranks of either the Somalia-based Islamic insurgency al-Shabab, or the Iraq- and Syria-based ISIS combined. And as of 2018, a dozen more had been arrested with the intention of leaving to support ISIS.

Both numbers are far higher than those of alleged terrorist wannabes who left or attempted to leave the country from other areas in the country where Muslim refugees have been resettled. In the case of the Somalis, it's no longer just the men. Early last year, a female was apprehended by authorities on charges of supporting providing material support to Al Qaeda and arson.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's pretty rich that media outlets are running with the story that Israel denied entry to Reps. Omar and Tlaib at Trump's behest or influence. (Rep. Ocasio-Cortez's take: "Trump is exporting his bigotry.") If anything, it works the other way. I was living in Israel when Trump was running for president, and I remember thinking that if he wanted an example of a modern garrison state run by ethnic supremacy and exclusion, with a militarized border wall to boot, he had a readymade model—Israel. In fact, he said so himself. And when the president announced the Muslim travel ban, putting hundreds of foreign travelers at U.S. airports in detention and removal, I had my own point of reference: the Ben-Gurion Airport near Tel Aviv, where I'd been nearly always detained and threatened with deportation by intel agents on arrival. For years, Israeli security would question and keep out Muslims, Arabs and other "undesirables," including (and especially) human rights advocates—and this was long before the ban on B.D.S. was implemented. Of course, America doesn't need to learn this stuff from Israel; the U.S. was in the business of racial dominance and settler colonialism long before the State of Israel was a twinkle in Menachem Begin's crosshairs. The roots of both Israeli and American fascism go deeper than any current head of government, through a rich history of mutual influence and complicity.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Well that's good. Now she can come back and talk about how hateful everyone was to her.

The only real winner here is Tlaib’s grandmother. She doesn’t have to see her now! Donald Trump on Twitter page

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ugh guys, there is talk that the whole "grandmother" part is a lie.

Look it up on Twitter.

She could've been going to see her handlers.

mobile.twitter.com...
edit on 17-8-2019 by Tempter because: Adding link

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Call me whatever you want, I think a patriot is probably most fitting, but I think as long as any country thinks it's ok to ban democratically elected American legislators from their country, we should think about banning that country's product from our households.

So what about the countries that ban Trump?
Did you know just visiting Israel puts you on a ban list in 12 countries? Do you know who BDS is? That's why she was banned.

You should really educate yourself before making a fool of yourself...

And the Patriot thing.
You're about as far away as you can get from being that brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join