It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Will Now Allow Rashida Tlaib To Visit Her Palestinian Family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Israel will now allow anti-Semite Congresswoman, Rashid Tlaib, to visit her Palestinian family, as long as she does not promote boycotts. Apparently, after the ban, Tlaib submitted a letter asking permission to visit her elderly Palestinian grandmother in the West Bank. Israel will now allow her to enter Israel on humanitarian grounds.

“I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother, who is in her 90s and lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa,” Tlaib wrote in her letter to Deri. “This could be my last opportunity to see her. I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit.”

www.timesofisrael.com...

Since her itinerary is now for personal reasons, why should taxpayers pay for her visit to her family? Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Since her itinerary is now for personal reasons, why should taxpayers pay for her visit to her family?

that is a GREAT point
Sounds like it will be a purely personal trip now

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Aaaannnddd.... She's decided she's not going!
I guess it's on her dime or she can't be going without perpetual sidekick @IlhanMN

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Got a link?

ETA: Nevermind, here is her statement on why she isn't going now.

"I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice," she tweeted.

Link
edit on 16-8-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It was probably a wise move. However I see no reason that Omar should be allowed into Isreal.

Honestly, I dont understand how someone like Omar could even be allowed to be a member of the US Congress.

It is confusing watching someone who hates America with such an intensity being allowed to represent other radicals from the US Congress.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice,"

seems southwest $49 fares won't help her out
poor grandma will have to wait until the oppressive conditions including racism and injustice cure themselves

what a pos

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

I just read that. She's nothing but an attention seeker, like the rest of her "squad."

“I have...decided to not travel to Palestine and Israel at this time. Visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions meant to humiliate me would break my grandmother's heart," Tlaib said in a statement . "Silencing me with treatment to make me feel less-than is not what she wants for me – it would kill a piece of me that always stands up against racism and injustice."

www.usatoday.com...

She "always" stands against racism? She never humiliated Jews? What a two faced clown! And you're right...it's probably because she was told to pay for the flight herself.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

She is saying now she doesn't want to go because Israel is racist and oppressive (but I bet it's because her staff told her traveling on taxpayer's dime for personal reason would cause backlash)

link

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What if she can't break solidarity with the Justice Democrats? Or more likely, the trip planners didn't feel that she alone was a high-value propaganda showcase.
Maybe security arrangements were complicated.
Or maybe it was the Squad's rumored masters in Quatar? Or was it yemen?
Refer to @Imamofpeace on twatter for that whole story...

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

She will most assuredly talk big trash when she gets back...wonder if the Palestinians will shoot some rockets at israel now that they know where here grandmother is from..will Israel retaliate? They should not have leaked this info

edit on 16-8-2019 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sounds like someone advised her she could use ol' grandma as leverage to make Israel look like the bad guys. She truely comes across as a disgusting human... When you can out do Israel in being disgusting You really are putting in some serious work.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

She truely comes across as a disgusting human

I agree
gag inducing

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Another mental case primeval Democrat confirmed 🤣

Guess she won't be solving the entire Middle East problem today 😎

Maybe next week.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

That doesn't even make sense. They allowed her to go, humanitarian reasons! Those monsters?!
Which is maybe better any way #keepTheTrashOut
Haha the USA is her bin and the rest of the world just waits for her to get recycled maybe something pretty and useful...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Any chance she'll hop on over to Palestine and just never come back ?a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yeah, it seems her only purpose to go to Israel is for the reasons Israel stated. She's now using her family as a way to try and save face. The only problem is so many more now pay attention to politics and will see right through her lies.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It is not the first time

In the past few years, Israel has turned away a Columbia University professor, leaders in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and an American student. It has also detained Israel critics such as the Atlantic contributor Peter Beinart for extensive questioning, even though Beinart self-identifies as a Zionist. Last year, the government released a list of 20 international organizations that would be banned for their alignment with the BDS movement, including the American group Jewish Voices for Peace.

www.theatlantic.com...

The USA even allows the KKK top exist for a reason. Not many Americans of the type that fought for the right of free speech and equality left on ATS really.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i think her decision not to go, spells out her real intentions for wanting to go in the first place. and that is to spread dissention, racism, and hatred. as well as to likely try to interfere in their coming elections through her spreading of these things. and quite possibly to try to incite more violence as well.

and the whole humanitarian letter to try to get in was just a scam. i need to see my granny before she dies, i might not get another chance, is showing to be just another democrat lie. since they gave her permission to enter, as long as she does not commit acts like described above. and BOOM, "i'm not going, "under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in — fighting against racism, oppression & injustice.", really shows this. "oppressive conditions", being conditions of not trying to stir up trouble, is oppressive? heck she doesn't want to fight AGAINST racism and oppression, she wants to cause it. just like the good democrat she is. yup she certainly sounds like a democrat all right. seriously if she had been serious she would have been jumping at the chance to go. i would have given a lot to have been able to travel to see my grandparents before they died, or even to their funerals, but it was not financially, or logistically open for me to do so. but by taking this stance, her gullible and naïve voters will likely lapp it all up and ask for more.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

I didn't know my grand parents. I have hardly any memories of them. I was very young when they died. For her not to go and see her grandma shows just how heartless she truly is. Never was about seeing her grandma. Grandma is a pawn in her sick demented game. Calling her a piece POS is being nice.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
1. Talib knew she would be denied
2. Talib knew it would cause an uproar
3. Talib knew they would cave
4. Talib knew she would stand her ground and say no

She does not represent the US or her district or Detroit

Her tweet

When I won, it gave the Palestinian people hope that someone will finally speak the truth about the inhumane conditions. I can't allow the State of Israel to take away that light by humiliating me & use my love for my sity to bow down to their oppressive & racist policies.

As far as I am concerned she can move back and fight the power in Palestine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join