It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your dog is a racist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

When I was younger, I had an employer that would bring his white schnauzer to work everyday. He would only bark at black customers to the point where we had to put him in a closed room when they would come in. . It was annoying. My employer wasn't racist; that dog was though.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

C'mon give her benefit of doubt...perhaps her brain filed "unpopular" as a synonym for "ludicrous" after a stroke?

Plus, honestly, who couldn't use a slave every now and then. Half the reason I has mah kids.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My dog hates bicycles .
Is that race-ist ?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa How is this woman even breathing without hurting herself ?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'd say there's a good reason that would be a unpopular opinion.

Biggest problem today......opinions about a subject without any solid evidence to support it.

First generation:
Comes up with that idea or bases it off something they heard before, promotes on their social media with nothing to back it up.

Second generation:
People see this on that person social media....some will think that somehow that makes sense in some sort of deluded way. They repeat it on their social media.

Third generation:
Thousands have been introduced to the idea.....to them, it may have some validity and they discuss it with their friends.

After short while, it morphs into, for lack of better words, an opinofact. People have decided at that point that it is true, even though it is entirely based on someone's opinion.

Joe Biden was actually correct when he said "we take truth over fact".

Opinions and facts are now so intertwined they are now inseparable and far, far too many people are virtually incapable of separating opinion from fact. Their brain would explode.

It's only going to get worse.

Opinofact: When someone's opinion gets spread on MSM /Social media and becomes socially accepted by a vast group of people who think of it as being true despite the lack of facts to support it.

That being said.......woo woo monster!!!

edit on 16-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
While its true dogs cannot be racist, Im absolutely shocked that everyone's over looking the fact that you can absolutely train a dog to exhibit racist like behavior.

Actually I'm not shocked at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
While its true dogs cannot be racist, Im absolutely shocked that everyone's over looking the fact that you can absolutely train a dog to exhibit racist like behavior.

What do you call it when a K-9 police officer uses a dog against a suspect other than his color.....is that dog exhibiting racist behavior because the police officer commanded it?

Applying human traits to animals is ignorant...and we all do it. I talk to my pets just like they were people.
edit on 16-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As devastating as this might be to some dear members here
at our beloved ATS I'm afraid I have some horrible news.

Scooby Doo was a racist dog.

I feel so bad right now.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

What do you call it when a K-9 police officer uses a dog against a suspect other than his color.....is that dog exhibiting racist behavior because the police officer commanded it?

Applying human traits to animals is ignorant...and we all do it. I talk to my pets just like they were people.

Nope.

If you train your dog to sit and wag hist tail when he sees white people, but to attack when he sees black people, its true your dog isn't racist, but you've trained your dog to exhibit racist behaviors.

Pretty shocked an "animal professional" doesn't understand this.

"Man's best friend" for a reason, you can train them to behave just about anyway you'd like.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I used to work with a guy that had a Rottweiler that hated Mexicans. . We had many Latinos that worked for us and the dog wouldn’t let any of them close to his truck. They were scared of the dog, so maybe the dog was picking up on their fear, IDK. It was the damndest thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Make me wonder if cats aren't more racist than dogs.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My father told me about a dog his family had as a kid when they lived out in New Mexico while my grandfather worked to set up oil rigs. The little town they were in was just starting out and was all white. When the rigs were all set up they moved to Louisiana for work on some new rigs. Up until that point the dog had never seen a black person but for some reason the dog hated black people. They never did know why it acted that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
My father told me about a dog his family had as a kid when they lived out in New Mexico while my grandfather worked to set up oil rigs. The little town they were in was just starting out and was all white. When the rigs were all set up they moved to Louisiana for work on some new rigs. Up until that point the dog had never seen a black person but for some reason the dog hated black people. They never did know why it acted that way.

It may be that the dog sensed fear in the person. I remember years ago I was visiting a friend who lived in a 4 plex. Any who there was one black family in the plex and one person had a chiwawa little dog. This small dog would send one of the little girls into a apaplectic fit by just barking at the child. The more the child freaked out the louder the dog got it was rather funny at the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Just terrible terrible racism. I'm not sure whats MORE racist, the impersonation or the laugh track.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I thought it was just common knowledge that some dogs instinctively don't like people of a different race to their owners.

I remember I used to have this unbelievably over hyperactive male Samoyed... He was never in anyway aggressive, just way to overly friendly. If anyone came into the yard he'd just go into a complete and utter frenzy and would bug the living crap out them to play with him until they left... There just wasn't anything you could do to settle him down.

But then my brother would occasionally bring his Aboriginal mates over and this dog would just not want to have anything to do with them, even if they called him over, he'd look the other way and just be completely uninterested... It was seriously uncanny.
edit on 16-8-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I currently have 5 dogs in my home. 2 black, 2 mixed, 1 white.

None have ever burned crosses, denied rights, torn down statues, burned books.

They have pooped on the carpet. But I don't think that's racist.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That is the stupidest thing I've read all day. Dogs can't be racist, that's a human thing. Racism is define as
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

This obviously doesn't fit the scenario at all. They can be prejudiced based on someone possibly having hurt them in the past and associating that hurt with what they look like.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I had the sweetest dog, that passed this spring but he did not like black people for some reason and we found him when he was like 9 weeks old, on a walk he would bark at every black person.

My Husky hates males, took me nearly 10 years to move into the ok category, but if you were female he was ready to show you the silver.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
www.yahoo.com...

A woman cleaning a church rectory claims that the Priest's dog is racist because the dog doesn't like black people due to a previous experience the dog had.

“Father Jacek (Kowal) doesn’t want black people cleaning the house because his dog is racist,” Allen remembers church staff telling her, according to WHBQ.

Calmer heads prevail:

An animal expert disputes claims that the dog is racist, according to WATN.

ROFL. that dog wouldn't be named lady bird would it. And belong to a Mr. Hank Hill.

“There are no racist dogs,” said Brian Bailey of Taming the Wild, a dog-training service in Bartlett, according to WATN. “There just aren’t. There are none. They don’t understand that. They don’t have the cognitive recognition to understand the issues that we have as human beings in which we can judge by a color as far as the character of the human.”

So if your dog doesn't like people who happen to be not of your race.......the dog is racist according to some people.

Little more cray cray all the time.
I can see it already:

First, they call all Trump supporters racist.

Now they got a new angle they can use......You are a racist for voting for Trump....proof is in the pudding....your racist dog you own is the proof.

This is what happens because the word "racist" has been so over/mis used that people have no idea what it really means anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They have pooped on the carpet. But I don't think that's racist.

Well what color was the carpet?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join