It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences for Omar and Tlaib

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Keep making excuses for why it's okay for a soldier to gun down unarmed civilians on purpose.

Last big shooting of protestors was in a field with unarmed protestors.

Only pathetic thing is your sick justification for killing.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Shooting unarmed protesters is "defending" israel. Is not shooting the groin of protestors a form of terrorism?

Exactly what are you on about now? Link please.

Does anyone who support israeli's unjust crimes a supporter of war crimes?

That's the problem: I do not support anyone's "unjust crimes." I don't support the US government's "unjust crimes." I don't support the police's "unjust crimes." I do support the United States when it does something that deserves support. I call out the problems without calling for the removal of the country itself.

Your logic seems uneven and bias towards israel.

And yours is chock full of hyperbole. Get specific. Exactly what has Israel done that makes you support terrorism against their people? Did they insult your Momma or something?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good. I wish we could follow suit and kick these two bitches out of America, another country they hate, as well.

Don't forget the 3rd bitch Ilhan "I support Sharia Law and I married my brother" Omar.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

They should Both Resign Immediately for the Good of Our Democratic Republic that they have Shown through their Own Actions that they do not Believe in or Represent . ...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You equate defending unarmed Palestinian protestors to supporting terrorism against Israel.

Just seems pointless to argue this back and forth then.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I'm asking for specifics. I have no idea what you're talking about, and apparently neither do you. You keep referring to this unarmed group of Palestinians that were executed, but so far you haven't shown me one single story where it happened. Did it not make the news? I can probably find out what Netanyahu had for breakfast May 24th of last year if I searched hard enough, but the Israeli military executing unarmed Palestinians is not available?

BULL.

If I had to guess, I'd say the story is out there, but isn't exactly what you claim. You just don't want a single storyline that you hinge your hatred for all things Israel on to be picked apart by truth. Not worth it? Then it's not worth hating an entire people over either.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com... ct=on
Shooting Palestinians in legs

m.youtube.com...
Israeli sniper shooting Palestinian

mondoweiss.net...
68th Great March of Return: 71 civilians injured. Including 30 children, 3 women, and paramedic by Israeli forces

www.middleeastmonitor.com...

electronicintifada.net...

I could go on and on Redneck, but there are countless stories of Israeli forces firing live ammunition into protesters. Snipers deliberately targetting to injure / handicap. This is all condoned by Israeli military. They have said many times that forces, such as snipers, always get permission to fire.

Im not defending hamas in anyway. However, you are ignoring institutionally backed soldiers that injure and kill women and children for protesting their caged-like situation in Palestine.

You keep referring back to my hatred of israel. Which is untrue. You're just blinding yourself to what it's like there. As if israeli troops only act out of self-defense.

Then you say i hate an entire group of people because i question israel's government and their crimes against Palestinians?

That's some whack logic. Just goes to show how much israel koolaid you're drinking. Do i hate Americans if i criticize the military for overuse of drone strikes that kill women and children?

Or does that logic only effect Israel because they're special. Keep saying i hate israel and their people. That's how the left tries to win arguements lately right? Claiming racism and hatred.

You dislike the left so much but argue alot like them when it comes to Israel. Anyway, have a good sunday.
edit on 18-8-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I could go on and on Redneck, but there are countless stories of Israeli forces firing live ammunition into protesters. Snipers deliberately targetting to injure / handicap.

And I could go on and on about countless stories of bombs going off inside Israel and rockets lobbed across the border. Terrorists deliberately trying to kill people.

I took the time to look at some of your links, and they all are talking about a situation that has two sides to it. This is an ongoing civil war between Israel and Palestine, with both the average Israeli and the average Palestinian caught in the middle. Israel is a tiny strip of land situated among much larger countries that mostly all hate its very existence and most of those are fine and dandy with using terrorism to accomplish their goals. Israel has a right to self-defense. As long as terrorism is knocking at its borders, there will be civilian casualties. There are only two ways to stop that: for Israel to not exist, or for the terrorism to stop.

Israel is not engaging in terrorism. The Israeli military is not hiding who they are. Hamas is. When a group cuts through barbed wire and enters Israel illegally, they are subject to being shot. I have yet to hear of Israelis crashing another country's borders. It's all been Palestinians crashing Israeli borders.

Don't start with the cries about how Israel abused the Palestinians, either. I know about that... After WWII, one country gave Palestine the land they had seized, while another gave it to Israel. That wasn't Israel's fault; it was actually ours, and Israel was far from innocent in creating the present situation. But... it is what it is, and while I might have my own ideas about the best way to resolve the conflict, they are as irrelevant as yours. Israel and Palestine will have to fight this one out.

If I see Israel invading another country unprovoked, I'll call them out just as surely as I do Hamas. If I see the Israeli military using terrorism tactics, as in sneaking across borders pretending to be civilians, I will call them out for terrorism. Show me that and we'll be in agreement on the Israeli military. But even then, I will not condemn the Israeli people, just as I do not now condemn the Palestinians. I only condemn Hamas.

Or does that logic only effect Israel because they're special. Keep saying i hate israel and their people. That's how the left tries to win arguements lately right? Claiming racism and hatred.

Actually, it's by falsely claiming racism and hatred. Falsely. That one word makes a world of difference, just like calling illegal immigration illegal immigration makes a world of difference from calling it immigration.

But of course, you knew that, didn't you?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I think that's where we differ. I see the israeli military commiting acts of terrorism, wheras you do not. Shooting unarmed protesters and disabling them for the rest of their life is terrorism. Shooting at women and children is terrorism. It's meant to inspire terror that the Palestinians have no right to protest and object to israeli wishes.

You say Palestinians cut barb wire and walk into Israel. Yet , Israel has been pushing into Palestine over the years and kicking out Palestinians as i linked in the last video.

Israeli military has no interest in peace as shown by their deliberate shooting of 71 unarmed protesters. Unless you call the occasional rock a weapon worth unloading machinne gun fire into a crowd of women and children.

Terrorism is not just small groups with underground networks. It can also be full fledged armies in first world countries. It is targetting civilians and unarmed people. It is gunning down protesters to instill fear of protest.

Hamas are terrorists and so is the israeli army.

edit on 19-8-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I think that's where we differ. I see the israeli military commiting acts of terrorism, wheras you do not.

Probably correct. I do not see "terrorism" in the use of military power... I may see abuse, maybe even war crimes, but not terrorism. For something to be terrorism, there has to be a covert element, at least at first, and there has to be the associated not knowing if the next person you pass on the street is going to commit an act of violence unprovoked.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. There is no way to determine if someone is working for Hamas until they yell "ALLAH AKBAR!" and a bomb goes off in your face. They look like everyone else; they act like everyone else. You only know they are terrorists after the fact, when they are usually dead as well. Something about 72 virgins...

The Israeli military wears uniforms designating who they are. They do not sneak into other countries trying to blend in with the crowd until they kill people who are literally doing nothing unusual. They are not terrorists.

When you try and equate terrorism with a standing military, you cheapen the word. I find that highly, highly offensive. Terrorism kills people, and it does not need to be cheapened. That is where my ire comes from. It's the same tactic that has been used with "racist!" and it will have the same effect if not countered harshly. Racism appears to be on the rise in a country where it was once, not very long ago, considered a social taboo and people were rightly ousted from polite society because of it. It was overused and watered down to simply mean "I don't agree with you and I can't explain why."

I will not sit by and say nothing while you do the same to the word "terrorist."

Now, if you want to discuss the issues the government of Israel and the government of Palestine have trying to co-exist, you'll probably be quite disappointed. I actually blame both. Israel has acted badly, but so has Palestine, and until both decide to shape up, there will be fighting and there will be casualties. That's just the way it works.

Blaming a people for the actions of their government is also a problem. While some collective blame should exist, especially in one with freely elected leaders, that blame does not simply mean the individuals in that country should be punished as well. Their punishment is having to live with the government they collectively allowed.

Now, as to the protests... this belief that protestors are some sort of protected class of people is simply wrong. If one protests enough, one will be faced with physical threats and danger. That's what protest is! Far too often, almost with regularity, a protest turns into a riot and people get hurt. Along a border where there are regular occurrences of missiles with things that go BOOM on the end of them, people and especially any military forces are going to be suspicious. Start a ruckus there, and you just invited being shot. Is it right? Probably not. Is it optimal? Absolutely not! But it is also reality. So forgive me if I discount the sob stories of someone who knowingly and deliberately placed themselves in harm's way over an ideology that could have been better accommodated in their own system with less danger. Here's a hint: I feel the same way about anyone who protests here as well. I hope they will come out the other side whole and safe, but if they don't they did it to themselves.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The Israeli military wears uniforms designating who they are. They do not sneak into other countries trying to blend in with the crowd until they kill people who are literally doing nothing unusual. They are not terrorists.

Then you try and equate terrorism with a standing military, you cheapen the word. I find that highly, highly offensive. Terrorism kills people, and it does not need to be cheapened. That is where my ire comes from.

I don't see how a standing army cannot commit terrorism. Is it not terrorism when you are having a wedding and your uncle and his friends cause your entire wedding to get carpet bombed by the u.s. because the whole wedding was considered a terrorist event?

Those who were at a wedding were doing nothing unusual. Is everybody to blame for having violent people in their life? Sometimes you are in a situation in which you cannot get away from your violent relatives or friends of friends.

The same logic applies to how Israel operates. Because Palestinians are close to Hamas, they all deserve the same fate?

How did Palestinians do it to themselves for getting shot? Israeli can use non-lethal methods easily. Yet, they chose to use methods that kill, mutiliate, and instill fear.

I get it though, you have a specific definition of terrorism. Okay lets take that word out. Israeli miltary is committing war crimes against unarmed populace. Hamas is commiting terrorism. Who is better? I say none. Yet, israel has MUCH more ability and power to create opportunities of peace.

Ultimately, ill give you props to saying they are both at fault. Yet, I don't see a difference between Hamas sending armed explosive balloons to children or the Israeli military shooting some kid in the leg or groin for protesting. Both are the same set of ugly violence against innocents.

I just hate when people condemn the Palestinians without seeing how Israel is at fault too. Even more so for having much more power and opportunity to change the situation. Yet, they don't.

Hamas recruits have increased in the past few years due to israeli violence against non-hamas protestors. Unless you condemn violence on all sides, it just perpetuates an endless cycle.
edit on 19-8-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The two ladies are holding a press conference now. All I hear are emotional words spoken through tears. If somebody is watching it on TV please let us know what the gist of it was.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The two ladies are holding a press conference now. All I hear are emotional words spoken through tears. If somebody is watching it on TV please let us know what the gist of it was.

They were just complaining and blaming Trump.

I don't think they mentioned the fact that they were sponsored by a known terrorist organization and that's why they were "barred".

Obviously this was a planned hit piece from the beginning.

They actually had somebody plan the "barring" so they could make the points they made today.

Rigged from Day1 😎

UNDER SCRUTINY: Group Behind Omar-Tlaib Israel Trip Referred to Suicide Bombings as ‘Sacrifice For the Cause’

edit on Aug-19-2019 by xuenchen because: 🥳🥳

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't see how a standing army cannot commit terrorism. Is it not terrorism when you are having a wedding and your uncle and his friends cause your entire wedding to get carpet bombed by the u.s. because the whole wedding was considered a terrorist event?

No, it is not. It is a military operation. It can be abuse of power, it can be an act of war, it can be a war crime, it can even be a crime against humanity. It cannot be terrorism. By definition. There was no covert action taken and no attempt to create chaos through stealth.

Those who were at a wedding were doing nothing unusual. Is everybody to blame for having violent people in their life? Sometimes you are in a situation in which you cannot get away from your violent relatives or friends of friends.

If those relatives or friends of friends are known terrorists, you either get away from them or you risk sharing in their fate. Sorry, but that's how it works in reality-land. If I hang around a drug dealer, I run the risk of being labelled a drug dealer. If I do not want that fate, I need to stay away from him.

The same logic applies to how Israel operates. Because Palestinians are close to Hamas, they all deserve the same fate?p

Just
with the false narrative. I have stated many times already that I do not agree with the fighting and do not believe all Palestinians deserve to be treated like terrorists. If you're going to argue with what you want me to say, why do you need me? Just debate yourself.

How did Palestinians do it to themselves for getting shot? Israeli can use non-lethal methods easily. Yet, they chose to use methods that kill, mutiliate, and instill fear.

We were discussing protestors who entered the Israeli border. That is, in most countries, a martial and capital offense if that country thinks you are a threat. Normal people call it an "invasion."

I get it though, you have a specific definition of terrorism. Okay lets take that word out. Israeli miltary is committing war crimes against unarmed populace. Hamas is commiting terrorism. Who is better? I say none. Yet, israel has MUCH more ability and power to create opportunities of peace.

Fair enough. I think war crimes is a bit strong, but certainly improper and seemingly overreactive measures. I do believe that if Hamas would stop lobbying bombs across the border and sneaking in terrorists to cause chaos, Israel would be forced to either cease their own operations or face international scrutiny.

I do disagree that Israel has a greater ability to stop the fighting. Both must stop. The only way to stop a fight is for both participants to stop throwing punches. If one stops unilaterally, we call that a beat-down. In international circles, it would be called a massacre.

The last time I really looked at the situation closely, a cease-fire had been called and Israel was abiding by it, despite a few individual terrorist acts still happening. Then Hamas launched a missile into Israel, and all bets were off. That's when I threw up my hands and said, "If they wanna fight, let them fight."

I just hate when people condemn the Palestinians without seeing how Israel is at fault too. Even more so for having much more power and opportunity to change the situation. Yet, they don't.

I condemn no person in this, except those actively creating violence. The Palestinians and Israelis both deserve to live in peace. For that to happen, though, both sides must agree to stop killing each other. Not just one.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have no doubt that Netanyahu wants to eventually annex the entire West Bank for Israel; with D.J.T.'s son-in-law - Jared Kushner - being a go-between for encouraging imperialistic efforts by Israel, along with him glaringly bearing the responsibility for spreading the false prophecies of Trumpism.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
How dare anyone speak out against Israeli policy and get labeled an anti Semite because of it. How dare anyone speak out against American policy and get labeled an anti American. SMH sounds like a bunch of snowflakes that can't take any criticism.

Always deny ignorance and question the establishment, always question your governments motives. Right now the United States gives billions to Israel to fund a never ending proxy war. What if those billions were used towards peace and not war?

No one is saying you can't criticize Israel (or whatever).

But, when you align yourself with and support known terror organizations... well, that's on you.

I'll ask again (Silly never answered, so maybe you will?):

If I called you nasty names, said you had no right to exist and hung out with people who wanted you and everyone like you killed; could I come over for Netflix and chill? Would you let me in?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
How dare anyone speak out against Israeli policy and get labeled an anti Semite because of it. How dare anyone speak out against American policy and get labeled an anti American. SMH sounds like a bunch of snowflakes that can't take any criticism.

Always deny ignorance and question the establishment, always question your governments motives. Right now the United States gives billions to Israel to fund a never ending proxy war. What if those billions were used towards peace and not war?

No one is saying you can't criticize Israel (or whatever).

But, when you align yourself with and support known terror organizations... well, that's on you.

I'll ask again (Silly never answered, so maybe you will?):

If I called you nasty names, said you had no right to exist and hung out with people who wanted you and everyone like you killed; could I come over for Netflix and chill? Would you let me in?

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Again, Israel is its own worst enemy sometimes For example every time they bulldoze a home, or a sniper kills a kid throwing rocks they give birth to the next generation of terrorists. In this case..............

Extremists crave one thing: Attention. Its their lifeblood. Because of Trump meddling, and Netanyaho's pandering to Trump and the extremists he needs to make/keep his coalition together, they gave these two way way more attention than they deserve, put their agendas front and center, and ignited a whole new debate. They put the wind BACK in their sails over NOTHING

The better move: Let them come in, show them both sides, then you can use that against them down the road. Plus you deny them the attention THEY NOW HAVE ON A WORLD stage
Now this is hardly a revelation nor does it lessen my core support for Israel and its fundamental right to defend itself but they can and should do things better.

And it begs the question: Why is a lobbing group sponsoring delegations to go to a another country? That should be a huge No No.
edit on 8/28/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

(post by 35Foxtrot removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join