It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences for Omar and Tlaib

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Today, August 15th of 2019, one of the United States' strongest allies has barred not one, but two US Congressional Representatives from entering the country of Isreal.

Anyone get that?

Today, August 15th of 2019, one of the United States' strongest allies has barred not one, but two US Congressional Representatives from entering the country of Isreal.

Israel Blocks Visit by Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib

We all know about Omar and Tlaib's comments about Israel. Hardly a week goes by the they are not accused of anti-Semitism, and from where I stand, deservedly so. They support any policies that would harm Israel, for no other reason than they would harm Israel, who just so happens to be an ally of the United States. Then, for some strange reason unbeknownst to me, they seem to think they get to go there and spread their hatred and vile directly to the heart of their targets.

Nope, sorry... don't work like that. You go around trying to hurt someone, don't think you get to go flaunt it in their face without repercussions. Israel is not one of the 50 states, nor is it a territory of the US. It is a sovereign country, and these two ignoramuses think their position lets them just waltz in with impunity? Were I Israel, I wouldn't let them in either. So I want to know what kind of person votes for a Representative that wants to destroy our treaty alliances and thinks they are some sort of global hero?

We seriously have to get control of our Congress back. It's one thing to try and tell our allies to pony up their fare share of the cost, but quite another one to condemn that and then think it's perfectly fine and dandy to just go around insulting countries and then trying to go visit them.

Yeah, this story ticks... me... off!

TheRedneck

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Anyone get that?

got it
and it seems deserved

Israel hates women of color don't ya know.....

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Based on a trump tweet.

Insanity.

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sounds to me more like Israel hates people who are full of stoopid.

Something we have in common.

TheRedneck

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Very good. No reason for Israel to give those two a platform for their hate. If they show up anyway they ought to be "retained" for awhile. The US would be obligated to inquire as to their welfare, but, of course, understand if it took awhile for them to be processed and sent back home.

link   

As much as I agree with what Israel did, its only going to fuel the fire of the left. Now they will try and stop sending funding to them and since the Dems run the house there is a good chance they may be able to pull it off. IF and its a big if they do try and fail it will open a door that can be exploited as long as the R's do not go full crazy... IMO

link   
Where they going there and I missed something?

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I agree

Interesting to see a nation decide who can and can't enter.
If only....

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah, Trump tweeted. So what? Do you really think Donald Trump holds such power over a sovereign country that he dictates their policy by a single tweet? How super-omnipotent do you think Donald Trump is?

My God is not a fallible human. Sorry yours is.

TheRedneck

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah no they had already made the decision to do it then walked it back a little then came back to the original conclusion. It had nothing to do with his tweet but if it makes you feel better then go with that,

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Based on a trump tweet.

Insanity.

His twitter has wizard powers it seems?

Cause you know other nations never make up their own minds about things.....

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

there was a planned visit, the concern was they would go to holy sites with Pro Palestinians

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My bet is that they knew that they would be rejected and planned it so they could complain about Israel. They will be sending out pre-prepared comments soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stealu1two
there was a planned visit, the concern was they would go to holy sites with Pro Palestinians.

Seriously? Do you have a link?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I agree

Interesting to see a nation decide who can and can't enter.
If only....

That implies a country is allowed to control its borders. The US should think about doing it also. That might better the country.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

this is from the Fox article from the AAP

Tlaib and Omar had been scheduled to arrive in Israel on Friday. Ravid reported for Axios that Israel was worried that the congresswomen would visit the Temple Mount – the holiest site for Jews and third holiest for Muslims – along with Palestinian Authority officials.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The gall! Can you believe it? I mean how dare a country not allow people in that hate them! I bet they even deport people who are a threat too. Imagine that. Shame on them for being a sovereign nation.
edit on 15-8-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Stealu1two

Now that's funny.

link   

We seriously have to get control of our Congress back.

What does this mean? Were these People not put in office by voters?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

And I don't think the people of Israel will whine about the Prime Minister being racist or sexist either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join