It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Bible is not GOD!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

LOL see told ya!!!

AHahahaha I knew it

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
a reply to: Deetermined

As for Jesus losing followers based on what he taught (about himself), go read John 6.

John 6 ?

Jesus feeds the five thousand?

John 6:66

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If the Bible doesn’t meet your standards, the Bible isn’t the problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

Most Christians try to convince people that God and Jesus exist by quoting the Bible because if you look at the history of the people/the times/the culture, look at archeological finds, look at how prophecy has occured and how prophecy is occurring right now and will continue in the future then you might believe it as being divinely inspired.

The Bible is not God, but contains the inspired Word of God. Man wrote it but inspired by God.
Many times it is man's interpretation – what people glean from the Bible, and not necessarily what God wants us to take from it, which would be mankind’s interpretation instead of correct message. Many are wrong, some twist it on purpose, others use their take on it for personal gain. One is always supposed to pray before reading the Bible so that we can read it with the understanding that it was intended for.

There is a warning at the end of Revelations:
Revelation 22:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
“I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book.”
True, the last thing a non-believer, athiests, etc. want to hear is a quote from the Bible. Of course, why would they when they have set their hearts against God? Many don’t want to listen thinking they are going to get a speech especially if made to feel condemned about sins. A Christian that knows the love of Jesus will not preach such, but instead will share the love of Jesus. But, I would not say this is the case for every single such individual. You are generalizing on behalf of everyone when you say this.

They don't believe in the first place so what makes you think you can convince them just by quoting from a book that they hold no value in whatsoever? You say they don’t believe in the Bible in the first place so what makes a believer think they can convince them by quoting from a book that they hold no value in whatsoever. Think on this: perhaps it is a divine meeting of circumstance, that God has placed the believer in that spot to share some insight with the non-believer. It happens all the time. Or perhaps that person is broken, alone, has no self worth – a Christian’s message should always be the example they lead by the behavior in their life. Everything a Christian does should always be with the awareness that it is God as their absolute witness, which means we witness by the example of our lives. We are to spread love, kindness, help to all. I can’t see many refusing that. The message isn’t all about, “you are a sinner.”

I, too, consider myself a follower of Christ not a Christian.

I, as well, do not believe in any organized religion. It has all been man made. I don’t follow any one man or woman. I follow Jesus.

The Bible is a love letter, instruction manual, amap to the past and a map to the future for God’s sons and daughters.

I agree, one does not need to be part of an organized religion to be a believer of God.

I don’t think God would laugh at the Bible. I do believe he would declare it to be good and that those who have changed any details in the Bible will be dealt with, and that he is upset that any part of the Bible has been tampered with, because tampering may lead any individual to lose sight of God as a result.

Keep in mind that not all is revealed to us all at once. We are sometimes given glimpses of understanding as to the Bible’s message(s). Other times we realize more in a specific verse than what we first got out of it. This is due to a deeper understanding. The Bible is alive! Perhaps the Bible does not have all the answers, but God has given us what we need. We are in human form and when we become spirit then we will have full knowledge.

Yes, to some degree you do have to go by what's in your heart, but I believe with the awareness that sometimes the complete message is not for me to know yet. Or that I need to learn the simple message first before the depths can be grasped. Always, we are to pray for discernment from Holy Spirit.

It would be hard to hold up your argument when all you do is quote a book that was written by man a long time ago... if you don’t understand the past, the culture, who God is and how he works as a triune group.
It’s a shame non-believers could care less about the Bible. I believe that is because they don’t understand the history of that time. Example: I always had a problem with the treatment of the Israelites when they sinned against God in the desert. However, I just became aware that the Ten Commandments were written specifically for the Jewish people. They made a convenant with God and agreed to the terms. So, when they sinned against God they reaped the consequences. Now it makes sense.

Yes, followers of Christ get ridiculed when trying to present their case and it’s often because men’s hearts have hardened against God. This is a prophecy and it’s never been more evident than now (well, other than in Noah’s time). People scoff, criticize and love to argue with Christians. They think most Christians are fanatical loonies and if followers would humble themselves and remember that we are all equal to each other in terms of who we too were before we accepted Jesus, then we can never ever look down on anyone else or condemn them. It’s not our place to judge anyone else. We are to love and if someone wants to hear the gospel then go for it. No one can force another to become a Christian just as God doesn’t force us to love him.
We should quote the Bible when need be and if someone is interested. The Bible is stunning in its incredible detail and the way everything is intertwined.
Think about this for a second:
2. Unique In Unity And Harmony - Over a period of 1600 years, God commissioned 40 different Jewish authors from all walks of life and living on three continents to write the 66 books of the Bible. From Genesis to Revelation, the writers cohesively reveal a complex drama about God’s redemption of man from eternity past to eternity future. Think how incredible this is! It’s hard to get two or three people in the same room to agree on several important ideas, yet here you have 40 men separated by 1600 years and three continents all agreeing about dozens of the most important ideas!
www.shema.com...

I’ll get to the second half of your challenge when I have more time.
For now, take care and all the best.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Well said

Love your view of things

I'm not perfect as no one is...

I guess I just get frustrated and discouraged
With all the corruption in the Christian community

(In my experience)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
Now go take your ADHD meds.

How hateful of you.

And you claim to be a Christian???

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
God is everything from A-Z including the Bible. God is existence/consciousness itself. God is love/hate, light/dark, good (God)/evil (devil), left/right, up/down, masculine/feminine, atheist/religious, etc.. None of these things can exist without the other. The bible consists of many books written over the past 5,000+ years. The 1st 5 books (Torah) in the old testament have been read by more people than any other books throughout history. Without religion these books wouldn't exist & neither would libraries, academy's, universities & western civilization, which is based on Judeo-Christian teachings of individual God given natural rights & liberty. The books in the bible have also taught billions of people to read throughout history. Religious monastaries were the 1st forms of higher education, they invented books & libraries, which evolved into academies, which evolved into today's universities. Without the books in the bible & religion, higher education would not exist. Without God nothing exists. Jesus/Christianity is to good as Mohammed/islamism is to evil. They are both parts of God. We are all created in the likeness/image of God. We are technically all Gods because we have the power to create or destroy, to follow/create order, or to follow/create chaos. God (existence) gave us free will (conscious) to decide which path(s) we want to follow.
edit on 16-8-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Jesus/Christianity is to good as Mohammed/islamism is to evil. 

I agree with everything you said except this lol

Idk about this

I think I understand what you are trying to say here though

But I wouldn't necessarily say all of Islamism is evil

The Quran pretty much came from the Bible

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

But who knows then again maybe your right idk

Just like what I said yesterday about a balance

That's where the yin & yang came from

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It is not the books that are the issue.... it is interpretation.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It is not the books that are the issue.... it is interpretation

Yes I would mostly agree with that statement

But there has been a lot...
change / removed / added

In my opinion

So in a way it's both

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I can tell you're frustrated and looking for more, much more.

Check out Pete Cabrera Jr. He has YouTube videos: www.youtube.com...
also, Tom Loud www.youtube.com...
They are the real deal and advancing God's kingdom. It's all about Jesus for them. I have a list of many more.

I think you need to go deeper. Check them out.

Also, keep in mind most Christians think that once saved that they are done. They can go to church every Sunday and learn and listen, but usually don't apply any of what they've learned during the rest of the week. Many don't have personal relationships with Jesus. Others go off the deep end and become raving finger pointers. I could go on, but you get it already.

Also, don't get too upset with your fellow believers - they can only go as far as what they are shown. Many are kept in the dark, some just have no ideas and then there are those who have the supposed authority that keep their believers in the dark due to their own beliefs, ie: ministers and priests who don't believe half of what the Bible says and who don't believe that the signs and wonders that Jesus showed can also be part of our walk. Many believers are in the dark and it's terrible!

We are no longer human beings when we learn who we are in Jesus. We are the sons and daughters of God and we are to walk as Jesus did. We are to go out and spread the word, heal the sick and cast out demons. Jesus did it and before he left he said he gave us all his authority. We are to behave as he, and do his works. It's a fascinating and fabulous walk and there is so, so much to learn and to rejoice about.

PM me anytime you wish. I think we could have some great chats.

edit on 16-8-2019 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well it does have a bunch of books that have very manly names...

edit on 16-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

I think you need to go deeper. Check them out

Thank you... I will check them out

Lol yeah I have always went deep into this kinda stuff...
ever since I can remember since I was a little kid (real little)...

Also, keep in mind most Christians think that once saved that they are done.

This is very true.

Also, don't get too upset with your fellow believers 

... I dont...
And I don't remember getting upset...
Just defended my faith and beliefs that's all

I don't know if: (Deetermined)
Got upset or not...?

...But I'm a big jokester...
and was just messin around with him lol

PM me anytime you wish. I think we could have some great chats.

Yeah same to you too

Much love

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

And....that has to do with what???

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

And....that has to do with what???

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Proves your point...it was written by man.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

LOL...

That wasn't my only point though...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Why is it that most Christians try to convince people that GOD and Jesus exist by quoting the bible?

Do you have better sources than the bible?

First thing I want to point out is that the Holy Bible is not GOD
It was written by MAN

It was written by men.

The last thing a non believer, atheists, etc. What's to hear is a quote from the Bible...

They still use Bible sources for archeology and history studies such as ancient artifacts.

They don't believe in the first place so what makes you think you can convince them just by quoting from a book that they hold no value in whatsoever?

They believe Pontius Pilate and Herod does exist.

I consider myself a follower of Christ not a Christian..

Then what is your source of Christ's sayings?

The BIBLE is MAN made

Surely man doesn't make it out of nowhere?

It's just the same story every time
Followers of Christ get ridiculed when trying to present there case because all they have to back up there claims is....

Scientists are being ridiculed by hoaxes all the time, for example, Piltdown man and Hitler diaries. No one is perfect.

It's already in your heart,

Even so, it does not mean everything Jesus said in the Bible was wrong.

edit on 16-8-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

We have already covered all this

And I'm tired of repeating myself

If anyone would like to discuss something I haven't already answered...
that would be more productive

Even so, it does not mean everything Jesus said in the Bible was wrong. 

Never said that

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join