It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Bible is not GOD!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: DustybudzZ

So no I do not think GOD would stop man from changing or taking away from the bible

Do you think that with ALL of the texts from the Bible that have been accumulated that enough of the message has been watered down to the point of Jesus/God not getting His true message across?

No

And honestly I don't understand why we are even arguing
lol atleast we have a common interest
we both believe in GOD & Jesus

I just don't necessarily agree with always throwing up bible verses to non believers
Sometimes a bible verse is not always what someone needs to hear

But I feel bad we as fellow followers of Christ should not be arguing

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
His words are thewhole BIble. Plus Romans one says

Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
If you don't keep God in your KNOWLEDGE then you are already under a form of judgement. True Light comes from Christ the true life and light of men

Joh 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

All I know is that Jesus and every other great teacher or speaker all taught one thing the same

The golden rule
and above all Love

Based on everything you've said up to this point in your thread, you've confirmed that you're really a follower of "every great teacher or speaker" that rings true to you, so you're not an exclusive Jesus follower. Got it.

Boy you really like putting words in people's mouth don't you???

There you go again trying to think and speak for people again

Smh

Never said that and I don't have to answer to you

This is what I'm talking about
Your kind all have the same brainwashed mind set

At least I'm comfortable enough with my faith that I can say I'm a believer but yet I question things

Look everyone has there own close personal relationships with GOD

Just because some don't understand GOD already or some have to turn to a book to try to understand him

To each his own

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

His words are thewhole BIble

How do you know?

Was you one of the scribes that translated the bible into the modern versions we have now??

Can you read Hebrew or Arabic?

If you don't keep God in your KNOWLEDGE then you are already under a form of judgement. True Light comes from Christ the true life and light of men

The bible is not GOD!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Can everyone stop quoting the bible for even one min???

Lol

I think the whole point of the OP
Just went way over head lol

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

But I feel bad we as fellow followers of Christ should not be arguing

Sometimes, "followers of Christ" need correction too. Through scripture comes wisdom of who God is. To not "reproof" or "correct" is to assist in the loss of salvation for those who thought they were wise on their own.

2 Timothy 3:15-16

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

edit on 15-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Can;t you reduce what you're trying to say down to something succinct ?

Give it in two lines if you can , ie

you think the bible's rubbish and you haven;t read it cos you judge it as being amiss somehow .
don't talk to you about the bible and never quote it because it will trigger your hate button .

something along those lines ?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

At least I'm comfortable enough with my faith that I can say I'm a believer but yet I question things

Not everyone who thinks they are a believer truly are. Even Satan believes in Jesus.

What is it that you believe in?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Sometimes, "followers of Christ" need correction too

Lol everyone needs correction no one is perfect

Just because someone can quote the bible faster then another doesn't make you any more of a believer or follower of Christ nor does it make you anymore saved then me or loved by GOD more

God shines on the just and the unjust

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus

A child could not read the bible on their own and understand it so if we have known the holy scriptures from a child that means it's written in our hearts right?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God

Like I said man's interpretation inspired by the word of GOD

What's your deal?

I'm not saying anything wrong but just bringing a new way of thinking to the Christian community

It's ok to step out of the box a little

Just put one foot in front of the other

edit on 15-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt

Can;t you reduce what you're trying to say down to something succinct ?

Give it in two lines if you can , ie

you think the bible's rubbish and you haven;t read it cos you judge it as being amiss somehow .
don't talk to you about the bible and never quote it because it will trigger your hate button .

something along those lines ?

Wow lol what did you just wanna jump in and put your 2 noncents in

Did you even read the whole thread?

Lol how in the world did you get all that from my OP or my post OP threads

Yeah sure something along those lines

Lol people are so funny

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

A child could not read the bible on their own and understand it so if we have known the holy scriptures from a child that means it's written in our hearts right?

Back then children knew the scriptures because their parents were reading them to them. Something that a lot of parents aren't doing today.

Funny how you continue to gloss over the stated importance of scripture in the scriptures! LOL!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sounds like you're having a fight with the Christobots - believe me they can afford to front Christobots , they'll twist your head off and you'll not convince them one iota otherwise . No point trying either , none . Not even if you knew the bible back to front , only Jebus is Lord in their opinion , nay , their spiritual 'knowledge' . Avoid avoid .
By the way , do you remember the Funeral Notes episode ? The one where threads were getting wiped ? Did you get a temporary ban off that ?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Not everyone who thinks they are a believer truly are

I know what your trying to say lol but that has got to be the silliest thing you said yet

How can someone think they are a believer and not be???

There is alot of people that is fake and say they are a believer
But really aren't

I think that's what you ment?

And Umm... I thought I have already made this clear lol

What is wrong with you people???
see now do you see why no one wants anything to do with they way you are???

Lol

Just to clarity if for some reason you still didn't get it

I believe in the one true GOD "YAHWEH" the GOD of abraham isaac & jacob and his son Jesus Christ

But the bible was written by man

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm not saying anything wrong but just bringing a new way of thinking to the Christian community

Your new way of thinking is called "New Age" and it incorporates a bunch of philosophies together to create it's own religion that's separate from what Jesus taught. Just saying. If you want to know and love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, and mind, you'd think that you'd try harder to read everything that was inspired by Him instead of listening to every "great teacher and speaker".

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Reply to: Deetermined

frankly your getting on my nerves

But I still love you

Your taking everything I say out of context and there is no point trying to make you understand

But I will say this...
When Jesus came on the seen he thought and taught different then the high priest and scholars

He brought a "new age" way of thinking to his time

Why you think they hung him?

He didn't just listen to what they taught and said
he talked straight to the father

And did he not say that we would do greater things them him?

edit on 15-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Praise God and the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

You can trust in the Bible.

Beware of false prophets.

Love God

Love others
edit on 8/15/2019 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt

Sounds like you're having a fight with the Christobots - believe me they can afford to front Christobots , they'll twist your head off and you'll not convince them one iota otherwise . No point trying either , none . Not even if you knew the bible back to front , only Jebus is Lord in their opinion , nay , their spiritual 'knowledge' . Avoid avoid .
By the way , do you remember the Funeral Notes episode ? The one where threads were getting wiped ? Did you get a temporary ban off that ?

That was not the point of my OP

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything

I was just sharing my opinion as a believer of GOD and Jesus

That quoting the bible to non believers may not always be the best way to try to get your point across thats all

That sometimes a non believer doesn't want to hear a bible verse

And that they don't believe anyway and the bible holds no value to them whatsoever so it's just hard to make them see when all you do is throw up bible verses to them

That they don't believe in in the first place

I mean I was born into a family that believed in GOD and Jesus I come from a Baptist background and my grandmother was Catholic so I have always believed but...

I have talked to unbelievers and the last thing they want to hear is a bible verse

I would rather hear someone say I believe because I just feel it in my heart and I just know

Rather then..."o well this book says so.. so you know its gotta be true" right?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I know what your trying to say lol but that has got to be the silliest thing you said yet

You'd be surprised what some people think constitutes as being a Christian believer. Some think that just going to church makes them a believer. Seriously.

The reason I question what you believe is because you keep contradicting yourself. First you said you were a follower of Christ, but not a Christian. If you don't believe that Jesus is God and the Savior of the world who came to die a human death so that we can all live in eternity with Him, you're not considered a "believer" by God's standards. If you believe everything I just mentioned, you are a Christian whether you want to admit it or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You'd be surprised what some people think constitutes as being a Christian believer. Some think that just going to church makes them a believer. Seriously.

The reason I question what you believe is because you keep contradicting yourself. First you said you were a follower of Christ, but not a Christian. If you don't believe that Jesus is God and the Savior of the world who came to die a human death so that we can all live in eternity with Him, you're not considered a "believer" by God's standards. If you believe everything I just mentioned, you are a Christian whether you want to admit it or not.

O ok I get it

so if I would have said I was a atheist then everything I said would be ok?

It only matters because I call myself a "follower of Christ" and chose not to classify myself as a "Christian"???

You don't know me. And this is the exact problem with most people like you

Yes I absolutely believe everything you just said never said I didn't did I?

I have actually said it multiple times in fact

But because I say I don't agree with the way most Christians and Christian churches act and because I believe the bible is partly man made

And how Christians get a bad name and most act like they are better and judge and push away people for stuff when they are no better

and most churches... the people running anyway... it it's just a money gimmick

I just refused to put myself in the same class whereas the majority of people are unkindly, judgmental, only care about money and think they are better then everyone

Your all the same you all think your GODs favorite...

Well guess what... your not

Now let me ask you some questions

Are you a pastor?

Do you believe there should only be a one word religion?

Do you know your poop stinks like mine?

That last one was a lil joke

Love ya bro

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

by God's standards. If you believe everything I just mentioned, you are a Christian whether you want to admit it or not.

See right there...

How do you know GOD's standards??

The bible...I know I know

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join