It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Made Contact with ET - Here's what I Learned!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodymm
I believe everything you said, as I have also had a very similar experience near the star Aldebaran in the Taurus house of the zodiac. So I’ve picked up the daily routine of simple meditation over the past five years and I love to meditate while looking into the heavens or the stars. I think stars are actually angels themselves and tied to human souls. Anyway, this happened on three separate occasions. It was when Orion and the eye of the bull (Aldebaran) we’re overhead in the night sky. I was meditating while looking near where Aldebaran was for around 15 minutes when all of a sudden a bright pulse of light flashes at me. I thought it was amazing because I didn’t know what it was, but then within the next two weeks I tried meditating again at this same spot and the same thing happened on two more occasions. I got the sense this object was deep space but it was 100% trying to get my attention, specifically me which is bizarre to think about.

I ended doing research because of the experience in regards to the Taurus constellation. What I found in several books, and this is what I believe, is that there is planetary rotation around our sun, but there is a much greater rotation where our sun is actually rotating around a central sun. Our sun is in fact the seventh sun/solar system in a much greater rotation, and my mind leads me to believe Aldebaran is that central sun. None of this is taught in schools though but I fully believe this is hidden knowledge the ancients knew about but our true history gets erased.

I’m really glad you shared this account because it confirms my own experience with this star Aldebaran.

Interesting theory about our sun Sol. It's called a stellar system when a few stars are in a group bound by gravitational attraction, and a cluster if there are a lot of stars bound in that gravitational attraction.

Technically our galaxy is also a much vastly larger type of system as all 250 billion stars in the Milky Way rotate in a collection (with the most complex orbital patterns!).

But you are speaking of a small unit of stars that our sun Sol is within.

The Pleiades is the most well known group, it's in an open cluster that remains in a group and moves together. Omega Centauri is a large cluster.

It has been suggested (from indirect evidence) that our Sun was born in a cluster of somewhere between 1000 and 10,000 siblings (Adams 2010).

The identity and location of our Sun's birth cluster and even the identity of its siblings can only be pieced together with a forensic examination of stellar kinematics and chemistry. That study has begun and is being greatly aided by massive spectroscopic surveys like Gaia-ESO, SDSS and LAMOST and with new astrometric/kinematic information from Gaia DR2. But at the moment we cannot be sure what cluster, if any, Sun was born in.

Astronomers have even postulated the possible star Nemesis (aka Nibiru) and suggested it was part of a binary star system with Sol our sun.

Nemesis is a hypothetical red dwarf[1] or brown dwarf,[2] originally postulated in 1984[3] to be orbiting the Sun at a distance of about 95,000 AU (1.5 light-years),[2] somewhat beyond the Oort cloud, to explain a perceived cycle of mass extinctions in the geological record, which seem to occur more often at intervals of 26 million years.[2][4]

The difference here is that Nemesis is claimed to be in a 26million year cycle, whereas Nibiru is claimed to be moreso in possibly a 3600 year cycle (which is far too low of a number for it's cycle).

The 26,000 cycle is known as the "precession of the equinoxes", and I think that'd match the hypothetical Nibiru dwarf star much better *if it even exists*. Somehow Nemesis's 26mil and the precession 26k align but just with the difference of 3 zeros. I don't see how that's a meaningless coincidence.

Every 2,100 years we enter a new Zodiac Age. The 24 hour cycle of day and night, the 365 day cycle of the seasons, 2100 year cycle of zodiac ages and the 26,000 year precession of the equinoxes are all caused by the Earth's spins on its axis in relation to the Sun.

This infographic showing the closest stars to our sun, Sol lists over 50 stars that are within 16 light years of Earth, and keep in mind that Aldebaran is considered to be 65 light years away from us.

There could potentially be errors in our measurements of distance though, because we only use two methods (that I know of) to gauge the distance of stars from Earth: stellar/trigonometric parallax (triangulation of the stars movements over a period of 6 months based on viewing angles) and for stars beyond 400 light years away they compare the star's color spectrum's theoretical brightness with it's apparent brightness when viewed from Earth to guesstimate it's probable distance.

So we do have systematic error or bias in parallax measurements - an example of this error in calculating the distance of stars from Earth is called the Lutz-Kelker bias.

This is even worse for your theory however because it supposes that Aldebaran could be even further away than 65 light years, but that doesn't mean our measurements are accurate. And it also doesn't necessarily discount the possibility of our star being part of a stellar cluster with Aldebaran and other stars either, it just seems less likely to be the case with Aldebaran specifically.

For example, it is believed that Aldebaran is a massive star, a red giant.

generally the fourteenth-brightest star in the night sky

Aldebaran is a red giant, cooler than the sun with a surface temperature of 3,900 K, but its radius is about 44 times the sun's, so it is over 400 times as luminous. It spins slowly and takes 520 days to complete a rotation.

The planetary exploration probe Pioneer 10 is heading in the general direction of the star and should make its closest approach in about two million years.

It's odd that Pioneer 10 is heading in that direction, thought I'd include that in the quote just because it's interesting in the context of this thread's topic.

Ok so we are taking measurements to determine the star's temperature, it's radius, and it's luminosity. These are still all prone to error and can lead to bias in the measurements.

So although it's the 14th brightest star, they believe it's further away than 100s of other closer but less bright stars. This could be in error, it is totally possible.

For example:

A reasonably accurate estimate for the diameter of Aldebaran was obtained during the occultation of 22 September 1978.[25]

An occultation is when an object passes behind another object then reappears, so in this case:

There are 4 methods to measure the size of a star, each posing their own problems. Direct imaging, Lunar occultation, Eclipsing binaries, and Interferometry.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

A satellite would appear for as long as light shun off it and something on the satellite was facing your general direction, such as a solar panel.

Atmospheric conditions can effect the brightness, the moon can also. I've had some funky experience with satellites around dawn, especially when it's clear and there's ice in the upper atmosphere.

How far north are you in the US?

Btw north to south or south to north is common for satellites and so is west to east... East to west is rare though.
edit on 16-8-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Doodymm

Now, if you check the Aldebaran wiki, under observational history, you will see that it's played a pivotal role in us developing our forms of measurement in the first place, which can lead to even more error in getting accurate readings.

On 11 March AD 509, a lunar occultation of Aldebaran was observed in Athens, Greece.[27] English astronomer Edmund Halley studied the timing of this event, and in 1718 concluded that Aldebaran must have changed position since that time, moving several minutes of arc further to the north. This, as well as observations of the changing positions of stars Sirius and Arcturus, led to the discovery of proper motion. Based on present day observations, the position of Aldebaran has shifted 7′ in the last 2000 years; roughly a quarter the diameter of the full moon.[28][29] Due to precession of the equinoxes, 5,000 years ago the vernal equinox was close to Aldebaran.[30]

So we are basing our concept of proper motion on Aldebaran, Sirius, and Arcturus's changing positions in the sky over several centuries.

Not only is that problematic within itself, get this:

Aldebaran was observed using an interferometer attached to the Hooker Telescope at the Mount Wilson Observatory in 1921 in order to measure its angular diameter, but it was not resolved in these observations.[34]

And get this:

The extensive history of observations of Aldebaran led to it being included in the list of 33 stars chosen as benchmarks for the Gaia mission to calibrate derived stellar parameters.[35] It had previously been used to calibrate instruments on board the Hubble Space Telescope.[13]

So we are not only using our initial assumptions and sketchy measurements of Aldebaran to calibrate stellar parameters, but we are even using it to calibrate our Hubble Telescope.

It seems obvious: if you want to measure the size of a star, just point your telescope at it and take a picture. Measure the angular size of the star in the image, then multiply by the distance to find the true linear diameter. What's so hard about that? The problem is a phenomenon called diffraction.

Measuring stars

Properties of Stars

So I'll just cut this short so I don't have to go on for 20 more huge posts:
All of our forms of measurement are based on various assumptions and other measurements which have margin of errors which could increase if our assumptions are off.

So therefore Aldebaran could be closer and smaller than we think, and to what degree of error this is is debatable and currently unknown. Just because people agree on something, doesn't make it so, and in the future new information can change our current perspectives and cause us to readjust our measurements.

So although at this point is seems very unlikely, there is still a slight chance you could be right about your theory that Aldebaran is in a cluster with our sun Sol. It is not theoretically impossible but I warn you it is a very small chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I'm currently in Ector county, west Texas. Will be leaving to go back to Pueblo Colorado on Saturday.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carsforkids

Next time mention Jesus Christ tell em God sent you.

Why? Is Jesus from a rival planet or species?
Like Romulan and Klingon?

Jesus is from Earth.
He was born in Bethlehem according to legend.
Do you even read at all?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It's a crummy commercial.

The ET version of "drink your Ovaltine".

I wish they would start handing out bumper stickers.

I admit I don't get it.
You may need to explain that joke for me, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

I said out loud to myself "I'm just scanning the Heavens for the Angels!" and then I saw a really bright flash somewhere between Cassiopia and Camelopardus. It happened the EXACT moment I said "ANGELS"!!

This was in order that the following prophesy might be fulfilled.

Ever he would wander, selfcompelled, to the extreme limit of his cometary orbit, beyond the fixed stars and variable suns and telescopic planets, astronomical waifs and strays, to the extreme boundary of space, passing from land to land, among peoples, amid events. Somewhere imperceptibly he would hear and somehow reluctantly, suncompelled, obey the summons of recall. Whence, disappearing from the constellation of the Northern Crown he would somehow reappear reborn above delta in the constellation of Cassiopeia and after incalculable eons of peregrination return an estranged avenger, a wreaker of justice on malefactors, a dark crusader, a sleeper awakened, with financial resources (by supposition) surpassing those of Rothschild or the silver king.

What would render such return irrational?

An unsatisfactory equation between an exodus and return in time through reversible space and an exodus and return in space through irreversible time.

What play of forces, inducing inertia, rendered departure undesirable?

The lateness of the hour, rendering procrastinatory : the obscurity of the night, rendering invisible the uncertainty of thoroughfares, rendering perilous the necessity for repose, obviating movement : the proximity of an occupied bed, obviating research : the anticipation of warmth (human) tempered with coolness (linen), obviating desire and rendering desirable : the statue of Narcissus, sound without echo, desired desire.

What advantages were possessed by an occupied, as distinct from an unoccupied bed?

The removal of nocturnal solitude, the superior quality of human (mature female) to inhuman (hotwaterjar) calefaction, the stimulation of matutinal contact, the economy of mangling done on the premises in the case of trousers accurately folded and placed lengthwise between the spring mattress (striped) and the woollen mattress (biscuit section). What past consecutive causes, before rising preapprehended, of accumulated fatigue did Bloom, before rising, silently recapitulate?

Ulysses

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSkunk
not all shooting stars are fast straight lines. I have seen a few with multiple explosions that would look like pulses. I have even seen one split into 2.

I've seen one that I assume bounced off the upper atmosphere, as if it skipped about 1/5 of it's trajectory.

-- ---

Looked a bit like that, very bright when it reappeared, fairly slow too must've took a few seconds to burn up on it's second entry. Then again it could've been two entering at the same time or a split.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I'm currently in Ector county, west Texas. Will be leaving to go back to Pueblo Colorado on Saturday.

Midland/Odessa, made a fortune there back in the boom. W and Laura were some of my best patrons.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
See what I just did there?

I put serious doubt on the "iridium flare" theory, then explained how the Bible does deserve a place within serious UFO discussions, then proceeded to give Doodymm's far-fetched theory a hand-up by calling the entire school of modern astronomy into question, and then followed-up on Madrusa's quotation of Ulysses to elaborate upon the fulfilling of prophecy.

Who's next?
Mwhahahahah

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I'd assume this time of the year the sun would rise somewhere in the east north east of the sky due to your location. Depending on the time of the morning something heading south would naturally disappear as it headed along it's trajectory.

Not saying it is a satellite but it fits. I live in the north of England, for a month or so around June the northern sky doesn't really get dark and it has a huge affect on the visibility of satellites and where they'll disappear. The same for the winter too. In the winter they'll usually blink out around 2/3 of the way through the sky because the sun is rising much further to the south.

It's all about angles.

To add, I'm talking about a south to north trajectory when explaining my own sightings, when they're going the opposite way they tend to start becoming visible where those with an opposite trajectory disappear. A lot depends on the height of the satellite... Easy to find those things out these days.

I'm not dismissing your claims either nor trying to debunk them. I just like to help on covering the basics first. I've had some unexplainable sightings of my own... A few I've mentioned here.
edit on 16-8-2019 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Midland/Odessa, made a fortune there back in the boom. W and Laura were some of my best patrons.

How Cool!

They are in the middle of another oil boom now. Although the current census doesn't show it, Odessa's population (including the tons of migrant workers from everywhere) is probably 200,000 + now. It's crazy Midland has almost merged with it now, literally! There are buildings/houses the whole way between them.

I left here in Dec 1999 and went to Lubbock then went to Erie PA then to Austin Tx then to Nashville then back here then to Pueblo then to Nash then back here, will go back to Pueblo this weekend, then to Nash next weekend. I am basically a nomad now, though I really would rather not be!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes the sun does seem to be rising in the E NE direction, though I haven't looked too closely or used a compass.

I agree about your claim that "it is all about angles".

But I do heartily disagree with your over-estimates of the angles however, that due to the time (5am), azimuth, and my latitude and the tilt of the axis of Earth, so the directions that a satellite would fade out (not blink out) would be around approximately 1/4th or less of the sky's perimeter.

Because of the fact that I saw this UFO blink out completely near it's Zenith position (the point in the sky or celestial sphere directly above an observer, 90degrees from horizon), and because of these simple diagrams as a general frame of reference to guide my guesstimates:

That I would have to rule out satellites or the ISS as a potential candidate.
edit on 8/16/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The cosmic epiphany that leads to Aldebaran.

In Ulysses Joyce configures a topographical correspondence between the triangular island of Trinacria—isle of the sacred oxen in the Odyssey—the triangular Bass insignia upon which Bloom’s astrological epiphany’ has settled and the triangle formed by Aldebaran and the asterism known as the Hyades.

Aldebaran

And, lo, wonder of metempsychosis, it is she, the everlasting bride, harbinger of the daystar, the bride, ever virgin. It is she, Martha, thou lost one, Millicent, the young, the dear, the radiant. How serene does she now arise, a queen among the Pleiades, in the penultimate antelucan hour, shod in sandals of bright gold, coifed with a veil of what do you call it gossamer! It floats, it flows about her starborn flesh and loose it streams emerald, sapphire, mauve and heliotrope, sustained on currents of cold interstellar wind, winding, coiling, simply swirling, writhing in the skies a mysterious writing till after a myriad metamorphoses of symbol, it blazes, Alpha, a ruby and triangled sign upon the forehead of Taurus

Cosmic

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This edit to that diagram ought to make my explanation more clear, rough estimate:

So I am ardent and assiduous about ruling out the sat theory.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

Whoa...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Where art thou Phage? Come, flag thine thread and let us debate the finer points of Epistemology...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yes James Joyce would have understood your vision.

In the darkness . . . a faint but increasing luminosity of ruby light became gradually visible, the apparition of the etheric double being particularly lifelike owing to the discharge of jivic rays from the crown of the head and face. Communication was effected through the pituitary body and also by means of the orangefiery and scarlet rays emanating from the sacral region and solar plexus. Questioned by his earthname as to his whereabouts in the heavenworld he stated that he was now on the path of pralaya or return. (

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Where art thou Phage? Come, flag thine thread and let us debate the finer points of Epistemology...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

Yes James Joyce would have understood your vision.

"In the darkness . . . a faint but increasing luminosity of ruby light became gradually visible, the apparition of the etheric double being particularly lifelike owing to the discharge of jivic rays from the crown of the head and face. Communication was effected through the pituitary body and also by means of the orangefiery and scarlet rays emanating from the sacral region and solar plexus. Questioned by his earthname as to his whereabouts in the heavenworld he stated that he was now on the path of pralaya or return."

Ok this is off the chain...
Madrusa! OmG!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join