It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Airbus emergency landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A Ural airlines Airbus encountered a flock of gulls in flight. Resulting in an emergency landing in a cornfield with no engine power and the landing gear up still. I must say the pilots did an amazing job going off the pictures. No fatalities just some injuries.
link

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

I must say the pilots did an amazing job going off the pictures.

WOW!! I'll say they did!!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Image of the Flock in question.

Hats off to the pilots.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
great landing job. a bird strike taking out an engine on takeoff, is just about the worst thing that can happen. takeoff is the one point in flying where you need every bit of power an aircraft has. and not only loosing power at that critical take off point bad. but to top it off you have no altitude to play with. which translates into no time, or room to work at regaining control. it fact such situations typically result in a fiery crash. as the aircraft hits the ground well before any attempt can even be made to regain control.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
VIDEO FROM INSIDE PLANE:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Field probably smelled like natural fertilizer after that.

Great job !!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
A shame we can't star and flag the Pilots .
I'll buy them a beer or 3 fair play .

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

The pilots did the smart thing--they shut down the engines before the actual crash, and thereby extinguished any potential fire.

Great job by the crew!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here's another short clip, this time from on the ground,

It appears to have been taken by an evacuated passenger who sounds breathless, and it shows the aircraft in the wheat field and passengers leaving the area,

It's nothing overly dramatic, but it gives a good insight into the situation after evacuation,

The video is hosted on LL, so I'm unable to embed, my apologies;

www.liveleak.com...

Glad all are safe and well, excellent job well done by pilots and crew

ETA, there's actually three videos at link

edit on 15/8/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Unbelievable...

Made the impossible turn in a friggin Airbus.....woah A testimony to their outrageously modern wing design.... that wing makes an airliner able to float....hats off to Airbus incorprated...

Did you see the airspeed fall in that video out the side window.....it was not flying right there at the end......first video.....

Impossible turn in airbus........my heart is stopped, actually....why am I all puckering....and stuff he
Lordy hat's off
edit on 15-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: That Airbus FELL about 3 feet......

edit on 15-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Not long after an Omni 767 carrying military personnel suffered a fire in the main landing gear taking off from Shannon. They were able to abort on the runway luckily.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I consider the "impossible turn" to be a 180 back to the airport. I don't think that was the case here. They went essentially straight ahead I think, the only option they had.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Investigators are looking at the airport bird control procedures. A week prior to the incident another Ural A321 suffered multiple bird impacts on landing.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
From what I've read about the place it seems to have a big bird population

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I read the bird problem is linked to unauthorised landfill sites and Domodedovo has similar issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Maybe introduce a cat patrol...?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

There are any number of useful methods. One airport I'd do work at would drive along the grass near the runway firing blanks from a small cannon. Some mainland airports fly hawks during slow times, others have Border Collies that they train to try to herd the birds....

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One way around a bird problem at airports is to use astro-turf in the infield areas. A number of airports with bird problems have done this and it works quite well. Lima Peru is one of them.

top topics

join