It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook must be taken down for Live streaming Philadelphia shooter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well this is a shame, our beloved Facebook will now have to be taken down. I can only speculate as to what this shooter is saying but, I am pretty sure he's not sharing the recipe for his famous meatloaf. Most likely, precious young minds and the mentally ill are listening to a madman fire indiscriminate rounds, and "presumably" screaming about all that he hates and is wrong in this world. We cannot let the Mentally Ill or anyone else who may have bad intentions know they have a platform to broadcast these atrocities. Post your lasts posts folks..sad just sad.

I know the Politicians and MSM will echo my sentiments and do the right thing.
edit on 14-8-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2019 by Sabrechucker because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I do not have FaceBook, so I'm never in the loop, but are you saying they are temporarily shutting it down due to the shooting in Philly?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
well not facebook directly, just the sponsers of facebook, the periphery of facebook.

and all those places that allow facebook to sign you in, they have to go to (unless they get rid of facebook)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

No. I am saying that it should be considered.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
Well this is a shame, our beloved Facebook will now have to be taken down. I can only speculate as to what this shooter is saying but, I am pretty sure he's not sharing the recipe for his famous meatloaf. Most likely, precious young minds and the mentally ill are listening to a madman fire indiscriminate rounds, and "presumably" screaming about all that he hates and is wrong in this world. We cannot let the Mentally Ill or anyone else who may have bad intentions know they have a platform to broadcast these atrocities. Post your lasts posts folks..sad just sad.

I know the Politicians and MSM while echo my sentiments and do the right thing.

One can dream, but Zuck is probably the most powerful man in the world right now and definitely the most dangerous.

FB ain't goin nowhere.

link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Totally agree

link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

I do not have FaceBook, so I'm never in the loop, but are you saying they are temporarily shutting it down due to the shooting in Philly?

Only thing FarceBook is good for are the games. They can trash everything else....don't take my games. Dammit.

This is going to be interesting to see how this is handled.
edit on 14-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The stream was apparently private to his channel, was following the story closely, nobody outside his chnanel could find it, and it sounds like police were seeing it through access his girlfriend game them. So I dont think he had a ton of viewers, also..Why? So Facebook was his method of streaming, you take that down for that then what? Next it'll just be Periscope, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, Dailymotion, Instagram or any other site you can stream off of. Its a danger you have of having live streaming sites, but you dont destroy it for the millions who use it for not only news and entertainment, but a way that many make a living.
edit on 14-8-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

Streaming crimes live is bad Mkay?

no matter who or when, copycats will come out of the woodwork.

(this guy is most likely a copycat, that took an opportunity)

(the same argument for guns....)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

I agree it's a slippery slope, we may be left totally censored.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
The stream was apparently private to his channel, was following the story closely, nobody outside his chnanel could find it, and it sounds like police were seeing it through access his girlfriend game them. So I dont think he had a ton of viewers, also..Why? So Facebook was his method of streaming, you take that down for that then what? Next it'll just be Periscope, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, Dailymotion, Instagram or any other site you can stream off of. Its a danger you have of having live streaming sites, but you dont destroy it for the millions who use it for not only news and entertainment, but a way that many make a living.

Because, it's the thing to blame the tool now, didn't you know that? It's not the person shooting that is responsible, it's the tool.

Ban it...ban it...that is all some with a limited thought process can come up with.

Shame.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

is streaming a constitional right??

I'd like to see that.....

Guns are.... "shall not be infringed"

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I guess maybe it would fall under freedom of expression.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

no one said you could not record it.

Just because you have a soapbox does not mean anyone has to listen.

I am allowed to plug my ears to your bullhorn.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Very True

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

People should have the freedom to openly express their guilt when committing crimes.

It really helps prosecutors later.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

the term "Criminal Mastermind" applies more to politics than the La Cosa Nostra.

and they was organized.

Cheating the system is ok when you ARE the system.

the average dude is average

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Too bad live stream wasn't available in the summer of 94.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Will HomelandDems be sending a subpoena to Zuckerberg for allowing this like they did to 8chan owner, Jim Watkins?

NO, of course not.

Subpoena [PDF]

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Why would this be the shocking event that gets it shutdown? What about the guy going around shooting people before on FBLive? Or rather what's so special this time for it to take the difference?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join