It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter - 4 Police shot in Philadelphia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It is not hard see many ways that could go bad.

Might be a good way to get rid of that "bad" neighbor though.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Rumor on 4chan is that his Facebook is set to private so only his friends can see the stream.

Ugh reading pages of 4chan is like dragging your mind behind a truck

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

As I said, I'm not talking about just the cops. Any one else who could also assist, the neighbors, a passerby or even a local veteran

We generally take a pretty dim view of random passers-by joining in our shootouts because we have zero idea who you are, what your abilities are, and what your motives and intentions are. Unless I’m in a position where your help is the one and only option available, I’d rather you not skin your piece and make it rain.

Please, ATSians, unless an officer is already over powered, about to be over powered, or is specifically asking for your help, do not pull your gun and start shooting.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I’ll keep that in mind and try not to help people I forget you’re always the hero..
edit on 14-8-2019 by Chromium51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I've also mentioned that, in a previous post in this thread. You all accused me of not reading the information, but have clearly not read my comments.

None the less, I said what I did from my perspective. We all see things differently, hence why I shared mine.

I'm trying not to be specific about how a barricade or hostage situation could be resolved. They are all different and unique, never one way to resolve it.

From my experience, an active shooting with hostages requires a rapid response. These are always tipping points for escalation.

When lives are being lost, sometimes waiting is not an option. The balance between waiting for back up and responding, can't be judged after the fact.

There's no time to wait when split seconds make a difference.

I'm not trying to say I have the single answer, all I want to do was add another option.

There never is a single correct solution for these events.

What I do know is some times more often than not, there's no time to waste waiting, and situations must be mitigated with what ever support is available.

That's all I was trying to say.

I'll leave it at that.
edit on 14-8-2019 by ADVISOR because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Please, ATSians, unless an officer is already over powered, about to be over powered, or is specifically asking for your help, do not pull your gun and start shooting.

Booooooo!!!!!! And I just loaded my ghost gun with a new 100 round clipazine.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You watch too much TV/movies.

Unless you're the only one around with a firearm when a public shooting breaks out, you really can't help matters, and as a carrying citizen, storming a holed up armed suspect or hostage situation is just idiotic Hollywood-esque heroics.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm ready to protect and serve those coppers whether they want it or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Booooooo!!!!!! And I just loaded my ghost gun with a new 100 round clipazine.

You should invest in ghost bullets. They *always* hit the suspect no matter which direction you fire them.
edit on 14-8-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I've also mentioned that, in a previous post in this thread. You all accused me of not reading the information, but have clearly not read my comments.

None the less, I said what I did from my perspective. We all see things differently, hence why I shared mine.

I was joking about the cops, and the second comment I saw your point but just said how it could be bad.

I think we should keep our gun rights, but to your comment everyone should have them and help when "in need", I disagree with.

It takes a lot of rounds to have it committed to muscle memory, and even then adrenaline could make a seasoned gun operator fire poorly.

You and I just see that matter differently.

Sorry for the jokes through, I often write with satire tied in... It's just how I approach stuff. Rarely am I really trying to put someone down. 👍

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Scanner feed - 7 prisoners now

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Mayor just said he was "angry about someone having that weaponry and all that fire power."

Really? It's still active and he's already inserting his political platform.
edit on 14-8-2019 by Identified because: Correct quote

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
Mayor just said he was "angry about someone having that weaponry and all that fire power."

Really? It's still active and he's already inserting his political platform.

My guess is the firearms in question are....wait for it....obtained and possessed illegally.
And why? Because criminals do not follow the law. DUH!!
So, logically you need to punish those that do follow the law,you know, for the children.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chromium51

I’ll keep that in mind and try not to help people I forget you’re always the hero..

It’s easy to forget things when you keep so busy making things up and pretending that’s what’s people actually said. No worries, fella.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow! This is all happening across the bridge, 20 minutes from me. All over every single channel here....hope the officers are o.k....

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It’s easy to forget things when you keep so busy making things up and pretending that’s what’s people actually said. No worries, fella.

I’ll just keep on strolling by. It’s not my place to get involved. If they need help.. well oh well no big deal I know I’m safe

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I’ll just keep on strolling by. It’s not my place to get involved. If they need help.. well oh well no big deal I know I’m safe

You do that. That’ll show me.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I was joking about the cops, and the second comment I saw your point but just said how it could be bad.

I think we should keep our gun rights, but to your comment everyone should have them and help when "in need", I disagree with.

It takes a lot of rounds to have it committed to muscle memory, and even then adrenaline could make a seasoned gun operator fire poorly.

You and I just see that matter differently.

Sorry for the jokes through, I often write with satire tied in... It's just how I approach stuff. Rarely am I really trying to put someone down. 👍

Gun Issue. . . . .

Would you eat an M&M in a bowl of a 100 if you knew 10 were poisoned?

Of course not.

Would you attempt to rob a place if you knew that just 10% of the people might be armed and fight back?

Of course not.

You don't need to be Gun-Man Master of the Universe to deter criminals.

Criminals are cowards.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Would you eat an M&M in a bowl of a 100 if you knew 10 were poisoned?

Depends, is my mother in law talking to me?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's been over 4 hours, still 2 officers hostages....swat on scene....can't believe how close this is to me! He' picked up the phone, but said nothing....latest info I got

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join