It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter - 4 Police shot in Philadelphia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

I don't have a visual right now but establishing a perimeter and cordoning is one of the main goals of a standoff like this. Even the officers allegedly trapped in the building would do well to lay as low as possible and force their opponents to make a mistake first.

The police have more resources to engage a siege than these dregs do. Urban fighting heavily favors the defender, so a bold frontal assault with no SWAT team and no plan is likely to backfire. It takes time to get the lay of the land and establish a serviceable plan.
edit on 14-8-2019 by Greenfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I can't believe this is still happening.

Wouldn't something like this be over already, usually?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If everyone carried openly or concealed, these situations would be resolved more quickly.

I know it may not be what some want to hear right now, but it's proven that an armed citizenry is a safer one.

None of us may or can say, what difference it would have made, but I'm certain we can all see what difference could of had.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Maybe the perp/s have information regarding Epstein and the Clintons?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
If everyone carried openly or concealed, these situations would be resolved more quickly.

I'm sure all the cops involved were carrying... didn't seem to help them resolve the situation quickly though.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Seems like it would be considering the hundreds of officers they have there, BUT this guy has a lot of weapons and I’m sure they don’t want anymore officers shot. Im assuming when they know what room he is in they can smoke grenade him and move in maybe

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I know it may not be what some want to hear right now, but it's proven that an armed citizenry is a safer one.

None of us may or can say, what difference it would have made, but I'm certain we can all see what difference could of had.

Did you even read the headline or article? Or did you just see “shooting” and try to decide which stock response you could post the easiest?

link   

I'm not sure I agree strictly because I would think when cops are getting shot and they don't have an exact location of the shooter, any plain clothes citizen walking around with a gun could be a suspect and more innocent lives could be lost trying to help.

I'm assuming it's an ambush situation, so there's no telling if one guy is in the building drawing attention his way and while the cops have their backs turned, others come from behind and start firing. Any plain clothes human with a gun in that situation is going to get shot and/or be a major distraction for the police, who need to be focused and figure out where the shooter is and if he's acting alone or not.

link   
More shots were fired.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
TV is making it out like they're going to either breach or storm, as they're pushing people further back now.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This says there are at least 8 holed up in the residence but then talks about one suspect holed up ???. Over 100 shots fired in the initial engagement. youtu.be...

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Guy on 4chan saying he’s recording the live stream but it’s 4chan so I don’t know how true that is since he’s not posting the name or a link..

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Can’t confirm but rumors that suspects name is Cheyenne Lynn on facebook...

ETA: 2 profiles Cheyenne Lynn JR and Cheyenne lynn
edit on 14-8-2019 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Guys, my comments were generalized.

I was trying to say, if everyone carried. Not just cops, first responders aside, I'm talking about the general public. Who could have assisted the police, not hindered.

I encounter law enforcement all the time, and they are aware I carry. It's never been an issue.

That's besides the point, my comments were a blanket statement to any active shooting. Any situation where a shooter is active, the chance a citizen could help mitigate threats are higher if those capable enough to carry do.

situations where armed citizenry stopped the shooter

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ML8715
Can’t confirm but rumors that suspects name is Cheyenne Lynn on facebook...

ETA: 2 profiles Cheyenne Lynn JR and Cheyenne lynn

I could only find the jr. Nothing on his page but 1 pic. No live stream.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR
While I'd generally agree with you for most circumstances that are in the public space, you've picked one of the few instances (current incident) where it doesn't really hold true.

This is taking place in a private home, presumably where the shooter lives.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Philly PD Strike Force is a narcotics unit, so that settles that.

Two officers inside with three detained.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If I had to put money on it, I'd say these cops had guns.

Just a guess though 🤷‍♂️

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As I said, I'm not talking about just the cops.
Any one else who could also assist, the neighbors, a passerby or even a local veteran.

I'll say it again for those who don't get it.

I'm referring to people other than those who carry professionally, ie cops. In other words, any one else

Not sure how to be more clear on that...

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

As I said, I'm not talking about just the cops.
Any one else who could also assist, the neighbors, a passerby or even a local veteran.

While I'm sure that very well could work sometimes, and LOE would even be apprecive...

I'm sure it could add to the chaos and make them think there are more perps, and get a good Samaritan shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join