It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, Bomb Squad, & FBI Surround Google Whistleblower; Google Turns Bomb Robots, Police Dogs & Gun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is why I do not support red flag laws.

It's a legalized revenge law.

The fact that Google is the first to publicly abuse it should be a warning to all of us.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
It certainly won't help Google's cause with the Justice Dept.

Fine and a slap on the wrist. Mega corps don't operate in the real world....remember "too big to fail" or the taxpayer bail outs of corporations.

projects.propublica.org...

Who exactly do you think is in control in DC anyway?

hint.....it ain't the taxpayers!!
edit on 14-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Now Google is basically swatting people.

Someone just got 20 years for swatting. Google execs could use some time off by sitting in a cell.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Halfswede
It certainly won't help Google's cause with the Justice Dept.

....remember "too big to fail" or the taxpayer bail outs of corporations.

It was only fair, seeing as the government forced them to lend money to people that couldn't pay for it in the first place.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Actually I didn't. But you know, by now, I figure that just about everything is a subsidiary of some other bigger entity.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here's a little fear for you all;
What's to stop Alphabet from using these same tactics on anyone anywhere by just fabricating online activity that shows you're a threat to yourself and others? Imagine if you decided to use a different search engine, and Google say's "NO". next thing you know SWAT happens. Using a TOR, or masking your IP address by any means, BLAMMO you're now a danger.

It's a weird world when a Pharma Company has become a lesser threat to our freedoms due to a single law getting exploited.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hey UK. Ever see Terry Gilliam's ''Brazil". Classic paranoid fantasy movie, one of the greats. Early on a clerical error has targeted the wrong perp and in come the fuzz in combat gear come busting down the ceiling and invading like a hoard of mongels.
That was fantasy in the 70s but now, not so much. Gilliam's social comment back then was seen as nothing more than paranoia but to some of us it was prescient.

As well, taking entertainment such as cop movies and tv crime dramas as propaganda prepping the viewers for more and more violencea allowable to law enforcement has slowly been increasing. It is not uncommon at all to see cops decked out in combat suits with high powered weaponry knocking down doors and invading private property.

Does that make it ok? Hell no. But the fat has been in the fryer for a long time now and this kind of action in reality should come as no surprise to any of us.

Ever notice how law enforcement types love to flock to the action. Even mall cops get all excited and hopped up ready for action anytime there is even the smallest of skirmishes. There should be no shortage of cop wannabes ready to jump into action in jobs like that. We are headed toward total crackdown you know. Why be surprised any more.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok this was pure wrong and unjust. The Whistleblower could sue. Google should stop behaving like this and stop behaving like its a separate country and not a company.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Lol hey Google, do you even remember your own motto?

They are just begging to be broken up.

About time.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
Ok this was pure wrong and unjust. The Whistleblower could sue. Google should stop behaving like this and stop behaving like its a separate country and not a company.

sue Google? the wealthiest most powerful organization, with deep ties to every media outlet and the ability to disappear information?

I suspect they could have him erased easily enough.
just imagine the blackmail alphabet Inc has on everyone.

a few dozen million dollars in cash in the trunk of a local PD cop could have had this guy shot. the cop wouldn't even face trial, just get an administrative leave, then he could retire for life.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Isn't what Google did to this guy effectively swatting? Isn't there strong laws against swatting?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

"Don't be evil" was a phrase used in Google's corporate code of conduct. After they Re-org'd under Alphabet the motto changed to "Do the right thing." They've reverted to 'Do be Evil' or Do What Thou Wilt. (A. Crowley)

No, we don't want that to happen. Gov't did that to AT&T back in the 80s and look what happened. They grew more wealthier & powerful. Same with Rockefeller's Standard Oil.

Sounds like GOOG did a serious fear tactics reprisal warning message to any other former or current employee thinking of stealing trade secrets.

Good read from @martingeddes on all things wrong with Goog.
There's a civil war going on inside Goog.

Google gets the Trump treatment for treason

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Hey UK. Ever see Terry Gilliam's ''Brazil". Classic paranoid fantasy movie, one of the greats. Early on a clerical error has targeted the wrong perp and in come the fuzz in combat gear come busting down the ceiling and invading like a hoard of mongels.
That was fantasy in the 70s but now, not so much. Gilliam's social comment back then was seen as nothing more than paranoia but to some of us it was prescient.

As well, taking entertainment such as cop movies and tv crime dramas as propaganda prepping the viewers for more and more violencea allowable to law enforcement has slowly been increasing. It is not uncommon at all to see cops decked out in combat suits with high powered weaponry knocking down doors and invading private property.

Does that make it ok? Hell no. But the fat has been in the fryer for a long time now and this kind of action in reality should come as no surprise to any of us.

Ever notice how law enforcement types love to flock to the action. Even mall cops get all excited and hopped up ready for action anytime there is even the smallest of skirmishes. There should be no shortage of cop wannabes ready to jump into action in jobs like that. We are headed toward total crackdown you know. Why be surprised any more.

I think the issue is that Google are able to get the SWAT team to a person's door to "protect their private property" by falsely accusing a target of being a mass shooting threat - but the authorities would not be so quick to send in the 'crew' for less powerful 'clients'.

Red flag laws should not be used for regaining private property.
edit on 15/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Google tried the cheap way out calling on public services. they should have gone with private contractors to make sure the job got done. He still has everything and is ready to talk. About time Google got some payback.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

I haven't been around here very long but have you guys
seen this?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So I guess my question is...

Was he suicidal? Did he make any threats to bomb anyone, etc.? Was this police action justified in any way???

What did they find at Vorhies home? ...with all their SWAT members and robots????

And they evacuate the neighborhood, why? So no one can see what they're doing????

And they seize the real "explosive" device...the laptop with the evidence against Google on it!!!

And how is this just or right????

How, again, is this not some kind of revenge by the elites like Google???

How is this not obstruction of justice???

And how is this not a violation of his 4th Amendment rights?

And how was due process granted here?

Why doesn't this thread have (97) pages already?

Isn't this an injustice against the people? And how are we supposed to not expect this same thing to happen in the future when someone has the goods on one of the elites????

"Hey...he's suicidal and he's got a bomb (of evidence)...GET HIM!"

This is DISGUSTING!

edit on 8/15/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Terrorist!

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Isn't what Google did to this guy effectively swatting? Isn't there strong laws against swatting?

Yes, it is.
Yes, there are.
No, they won't be enforced.

Laws only apply us little people, not the rich or powerful... I'd give an example but honestly I don't even need one anymore... Just look around.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So google just swatted the whistle blower?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Red flag laws should not be used for regaining private property.

I agree uk, they should not. They should not. But don't we know already that laws written that citizens think to be for limited scope then in so many cases prove to be much more sweeping?

I think my point in this thread and, well, elsewhere, is that Google has, not whether or not it should, have this power. They do, just as demonstrated. From this i easily extrapolate that if Google has this power, then isn't it likely that other corporations have it as well? And rather than just pointing at big bad Google or mean and evil Facebook it might serve us better to expand our rage from just one here and one there to the whole of the corporate system that seems to HAVE this power and marshal it for what ever reason they deem necessary.

OMG, look at Amazon. It's freeking huge with an economy about equal to Australia. And it has done this is one decade. It started out as an on line book seller and now it's a monster. It's an octopus, and getting bigger. Add that to robots, that are coming at us fast, delivering goods in our neighborhoods. Just imagine stupid kids or other wise messing with one of these delivery robots, robots with cameras and audio pickups sending back real time recordings of their activity . Boom. Do we suppose that Amazon will just sit back and say ''ah'' silly kids". Ha, they will come down on them like a brick house just to set the tone for messing with their property.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join