It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the world's response be if China comes down HARD on HK Protesters?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. Globally it’s not important. But HK today, where tomorrow?a reply to: AnakinWayneII

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

The obvious answer there is Taiwan which is where America and the rest will step up i imagine.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think it will be fine as long as the Chinese forces return back to Shenzhen..

if they remain, it will never settle.

I dont think China wants to go in, I think they understand the long term ramifications if they move into Hong Kong and starting beating people up.

They're putting a lot of pressure onto the Hong Kong officials to get nasty and end the protests now

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
China learnt from the visible repression displayed with the Tiananmen Square massacre, and the long term problems with China's reputation that has caused, even though the massacre has been effectively scrubbed from the memory of the domestic Chinese due to censorship and political persecution.

On Hong Kong, China just need to let the protests calm down and the spotlight shift elsewhere. Then all the protestors will be hoovered up and many will just disappear, just like the aftermath of Tiananmen Square. As China have branded the protestors as terrorists, we can see what will happen to them.

What the Chinese dictatorship does not want, and will not tolerate, are people not wanting to live under their repression.

The rest of the world won't know, and will ignore the human rights violations, just as they are ignoring the Chinese concentration camps which house a million Uighur Muslims who are being “re-educated”.

Advice – stop buying from China.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The rest of the world won't know, and will ignore the human rights violations, just as they are ignoring the Chinese concentration camps which house a million Uighur Muslims who are being “re-educated”.

Advice – stop buying from China.

I did years ago Paraphi, indeed evry item in the shops goes through a full scrutiny before being purchased, much to her indoors amusement. The Chinese are a awful lot u nder the Commie regime and they don't play it fair economics wise so you give good advice there, just don't buy from them. At least the Japanese played it semi fair during their industrial rise, plus made products that were on par with ours indeed often better indeed much better, don't see that from the Chinese.

On their Muslim front surely that is a perfect opportunity to bring down the regime. They occupy a ggood part of Kashmir, surely this can be tweeked into bringing down the regime by infiltrating it with Islamo 'mujahoodin' type radicals with outside support through weapons supplies like Stingers. Worked with the Soviets through similar meddling with Afghans maybe the same again to topple another Commie regime

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree

originally posted by: justwokeup
there's nothing anybody can really do about it.

Can't never could.
I say we rain Wal-Marts from the sky on their buck-toothed, slant-eyed asses if they don't back off.
Call me old-fashioned.

hate to tell you, but China has had Wal-marts since the mid 1990's.

well the Hong Kongers shouldn't expect any help from Canada with Trudeau the commie, and dictatorship lover in charge.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Nothing.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: AnakinWayneII
Hong Kong does belong to china, doesn't it?
Would the usa be excited about others telling us how to handle puerto rico?

It isn't quite apples to apples....

Hong Kong has been autonomous from China and was only "handed over to them" in 1997 after being a British Colony for like 125 years. Hong Kong was largely "free" like any other western society, so being under China's commie thumb is not really something I think most people in Hong Kong have ever wanted hence the protests.

The US is in a precarious position because Hong Kong is a major financial hub. On the one hand, we benefit from them being largely capitalistic. On the other hand, are they worth going to war over. Probably not.

Part of me thinks these riots in Hong Kong are actually designed to make Trump blink on the tariffs to avoid having to go to war with China. So China is losing the tariff war. The only way they can get Trump to backoff is to cause havoc in Hong Kong knowing Trump will not want armed conflict and may backoff on tariffs if China, backs off on Hong Kong...

The one single most incorrect post today
There was a brief time , after the opium wars , that it was "ceded" to the British (never was a "colony" though)
Hong Kong was China (214 BCE )until the British leased it in 1898 .
That is why 92% of the population is Han Chinese and , most of which are Chinese nationals.
The lease was for 99 years and expired in 1997 .

The British were never democratic (or a semblance of it) towards Hong Kong until almost the end of their tenancy of Hong Kong and China was stupid to accede to their demand and hence these troubles.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

heres the thing about that. they have to have GPS guidance. If we Attack them their GPS sats will be destroyed before hand.
Also they look just like Nuclear missile launches so..... that would spark WW3 nuclear exchanges.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
the west will probably sanction them again like after tiananmen square happened, possibly even America sending weapons and training people in gorilla warfare and sabotage, to create a full on rebellion against Chinese rule.

That is just instant WW3. If the west stays out, I'm pretty sure no one will be complaining, saying its China territory. WW1 and WW2 all began after an invasion of China.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Like it or not, we live in a "global" economy. Unless you own your property outright, grow your own food, and use only animal transportation, you are a part of the Global economy. China is the world's second largest economy. Their military is not hamstrung by news organizations, handwringers, or large, organized anti-government types.
Whatever China does in HK, Taiwan, or their Western provinces, it will affect you.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Don't be dissing Hong Kong Phooey!

He was the number one super guy.

still just as relevant as last week

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The same response as when Americans come down hard against their protestors.
edit on 22-8-2019 by 11SK1180 because: Change

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
strongly worded letter, and then hope for something else to happen to distract the masses.

I weep for what is going to occur there, but I also dont think China realizes what is in store for them down there, from what I have heard on NPR many of these folks have decided that its do or die time, China will get control of Hong kong no doubt but it may literally be over a mountain of corpses.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
strongly worded letter, and then hope for something else to happen to distract the masses.

I weep for what is going to occur there, but I also dont think China realizes what is in store for them down there, from what I have heard on NPR many of these folks have decided that its do or die time, China will get control of Hong kong no doubt but it may literally be over a mountain of corpses.

Chinese been through worst. Way worst than this crappy protest. The biggest threat doesn't even begin with Earth. Why you think Mars is a desert?
edit on 22-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What do you think about Guo Wengui? He's a Chinese billionaire in exile. In October of last year, he said the CCP would take Hong Kong to destabilize the dollar and US.

Here's the interview: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Doesn't mean we should not have compassion for our Asian brothers and sisters.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker
a reply to: makemap

Doesn't mean we should not have compassion for our Asian brothers and sisters.

Yes, that is why India is part of BRICS. Its the west that don't have any with the Asians and demand to be under their rules and laws which is no part of UN international laws. You shall see. US broke the treatyies more than once. What makes you think they won't?

The world is already pissed off at US. You can't do anything about it.
edit on 30-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join