It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Meters Spy On You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here's Barrie Trower talking about 5G.

He mentions the spying capabilities of smart meters at 13:00.

The reason this thread is in Skunk Works is because I can't prove how I know this, but I can assure you it's true.

Those classified as 'dangerous subversives' are checked early in the morning to see if they are in the house. If they are, the spy doing the checking says, "Confirmed, present at the residential address". I don't know what they do if the 'dangerous subversive' isn't present at the residential address.

Does anyone want to be my body double?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The meters don't spy on you.

The people monitoring the data spy on you 😎

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think he is completely wrong about smart meters. Smart meters do not work on Wi/Fi. Smart meters work by the companies talking to your meter through the service cable.
I'm not saying they are good but they can only see by your usage what appliances your using.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think he is completely wrong about smart meters. Smart meters do not work on Wi/Fi. Smart meters work by the companies talking to your meter through the service cable.
I'm not saying they are good but they can only see by your usage what appliances your using.

Well , second time I have seen one contradict their own self in one post.
(Bold to emphasize subject matter by me)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I declined replacement of my current meter with a smart one.

But how is the meter gonna know what room you in, how many people, and what is being said, like the guy claims?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Look up smart meter health effects......
Wireless smart meters create high intesity pulses.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I work at an electric utility, there is no truth to this, an electric utility cares not if your home or not. But could someone tell if your home based on your electrical consumption? Duh? Damn right, you use more electricity when your home than when your not, right? It’s logic, not rocket science. The electric utility cares not about you, if your home in your mother’s basement with your tinfoil hat to protect you from RF. Electric meters are there to generate revenue and make the job of the electric utility workers easier, thus, in theory reducing your kilowatt hour costs. When you can remotely disconnect someone for non payment versus send a lineman to yank your meter is a direct cost savings to that utility. But just keep thinking that an electric utility cares about your use of electrons! The cops may, if your growing weed illegally it will show on your consumption of electricity.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No, the AI monitors you.a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joefoster

... But could someone tell if your home based on your electrical consumption? Duh? Damn right, you use more electricity when your home than when your not, right? It’s logic, not rocket science....

When I'm sleeping till noon, not running any appliances, with a shotgun gently resting on my chest and a box of shells for a pillow - how do they know I'm not home again???

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
These days you can turn appliances on wirelessly, have things on timers. Hell you might just be a lazy sod who leaves the TV on and other things like lights etc.

As a spying device, smart meters are pretty useless. The one's I've seen can be disconnected or ran on batteries too though some are a lot smarter than that.

All they're doing is giving an accurate readout of consumption and simplify paying bills and/or topping up credit for prepaid systems.
edit on 14-8-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
How is that contradictory? Electric companies send and receive information from your smart meter. Please read Joefoster's post. The worst thing that they brush over very lightly is they can alter your tariff from minute to minute. Say you do all your washing after midnight, they can turn your tariff up so you pay more and then in the morning (before you get up) they turn the tariff back to what it was. Not many people look at their bills, just pay up.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: Gothmog
How is that contradictory? Electric companies send and receive information from your smart meter. Please read Joefoster's post. The worst thing that they brush over very lightly is they can alter your tariff from minute to minute. Say you do all your washing after midnight, they can turn your tariff up so you pay more and then in the morning (before you get up) they turn the tariff back to what it was. Not many people look at their bills, just pay up.

Read the post again
Pay special attention to what I bolded for subject matter

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is scary, there making people get them ore else [UsA

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Joefoster

Wireless meterreading is big business, my company
at the time tried it out in Ontario. The software in
the communications stack can do anything it is
programmed to do including gathering all electric
usage data without having to have a 'man' on the
street to read the meter.

Bands of frequencies are set aside decided years ago
when competition was fierce and they were allotted
out to businesses that use wireless communication.

The RF spectrum is very large when billions of ranges
of specific, discrete frequencies are used now, and
no doubt extend to the trillions of bands.

top topics

join