It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates backing plan to stop climate change by blocking out the sun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I get what you're saying, I just don't agree with the analogy. We've been wanting a wall for decades. Every American supported it until Trump vowed to build it.

Why are people in this thread discussing the wall in the US?

this has nothing to do with the wall and /or Trump,

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
google "albedo modification" or "solar radiation management"... they've been thinking about doing this crap for a while. They're Likely already trying it without public consent.

edit on 14-8-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: StoutBroux

Yep. We (NW Louisiana) average around 95° this time of year. Last week or the week before, we had highs in the low 80's, yesterday we had a high of 105°. This weather has been far wonkier than I've ever seen it.

I've been thinking for a few years now tha weather is being manipulated somehow.

Gates is probably thinking about testing this idea in Africa or Imdia first... mind you, I think it could take ages for any effect to be seen but i really think its a bad idea to mess with the planets naturalness.

And then we have China building Suns... cant make it up

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Just got out of the office and saw this thread, was looking for this exact response. Not disappointed at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

My God man, how did we get such retards in power to make ridiculous claims like this? 2020 marks the year a Grand Solar Minimum is supposed to start. For the last 10,000 years this GSM has been right on the tick in accuracy and this is supposed to be the worst GSM in 12,500 years. Almost at a threat to civilization level. We're supposed to feel the effects around 2024 or so and it will last 35 years. The last one ended in the late 17th century. If these morons try to block out the sun, it would destroy humanity. #ing idiots. Even if the GSM doesn't happen, blocking the sun is how the last Ice Age started and I can guarantee you the ree ree's behind the AGW hoax would never survive even a mini ice age.

This is the reason I posted on this, people should really wake themselves up before big shift happens.

PIers Corbyn on the coming mini ice age

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I get what you're saying, I just don't agree with the analogy. We've been wanting a wall for decades. Every American supported it until Trump vowed to build it.

Why are people in this thread discussing the wall in the US?

this has nothing to do with the wall and /or Trump,

too much GOT in their heads

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
lol

Isn't there a movie about that? Snowpiercer or something like that

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is unacceptable!

The researchers said last year, ‘Dozens of countries would have both the expertise and the money to launch such a program. ‘Around 50 countries have military budgets greater than $3 billion, with 30 greater than $6 billion.’

So this sounds so familiar, its pretty much what many were
concerned about with geoengineering.

This is unacceptable!

I thought Trump had done away with the U.S. part in Climate Change?

What the hell?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This has nothing to do with Trump.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
These are the kinds of solutions that I think will be implemented in the end to stop climate change, as it is fairly obvious that limiting pollution isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Also, ignoring a real problem is only going to make conservatives lose votes over the next decade if they don't change their ways, as many voters are intelligent enough to see the effects of climate change with their own eyes, and denying/covering up science just prolongs how long conservatives can get away with being wrong.

It seems a bit risky, but that's the price you pay for preventing climate catastrophe. Good idea, though! It's a productive way to solve the problem instead of a limiting way. It might be something conservatives could get behind if it doesn't affect businesses as much.
edit on 14pmWed, 14 Aug 2019 20:30:24 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 14pmWed, 14 Aug 2019 20:30:48 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I thought the world was entering into a mini ice age. Looks as though the globalists need to get their stories in sync with one another.
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Gothmog
That was one of my first thoughts...

So we partially block the sun yay cooler temps, then we enter into a cooling period or a major volcanic eruption now temps are cold growing seasons are screwed and people starve because we choose to block the sun.

The cynical side would say they want to people to starve and reduce the worlds population dramatically. We are too numerous and refuse to listen to them about it. I suggest they off their damn selves if they truly feel this way.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Serdgiam

There are all kinds of clean renewable energy alternatives. Personally, I think solar and wind is not the answer because of how sporadic they are.

Nuclear, geothermal, OTEC are all stable energy suppliers, but they require a large upfront investment to start generating electricity and coal is cheap. So until we are forced to make those investments they will not happen because of simple greed.

I agree 100%.

The car that I keep espousing that uses water, cracks it for H2 and O2 that wins 1st prize every time it is entered into an alternative fuel contest. This is at 25+ years of existence and we still don't have one. Al Gore was at the school that built it at the time it was made famous. Here we are and Al is real real rich and that car that could save the environment is still a one of a kind car with no fleet yet in the offing.

edit on 16-8-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is the dumbest idea ever. Think global cancers and population reduction. People dropping dead en mass like flies sprayed with bug spray. Every action has a consequence in nature. I would rather see all the city lights on the planet shut off at 10 pm until 6 am. People need to reduce, reuse, recycle, donate, compost, drive far less, consume less, eat less beef, don't clear the trees. The last recession slowed down things because people had to economically change their behavior to make do. Spraying the air with toxic chemicals is ethically and intellectually wrong. I guess you can't fix stupid. So don't be stupid.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

You're very right about the lights going off during the night but i'd say between 10 and 1 during summer put them on and 5 to 1 during winter switvh them on, off all other times and stop working 24/7, go back to how it used to be

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Somebody needs to just punch that nerd in the face.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
LINK

Stratospheric sulfur injections is the most often talked about way of mimicing the Mt. Pinatubo eruption which sent massive amounts of sulfur into the stratosphere and cooled the planet. When this happened, the Amazon basin almost dried up, and therein lies the largest problem with geoengineering schemes like this: they will change global rainfall patterns and create winners and losers…. losers being dead people.

The Integrated Assessment of Geoengineering Proposals (IAGP) and the Geoengineering Model Intercomparison Project (GeoMIP) computer models agree, the southern hemisphere will get dryer and the northern hemisphere will get wetter. This endangers the entire globe as it will lead to increased flooding and storm severity in the north and drought and famine in the south.

This is why 110 civic societies have proposed a permanent ban on geoengineering: The Hands Off Mother Earth manifesto. This manifesto is being presented at COP24 and also proposes putting a halt to Keith’s Stratospheric Controlled Perturbation Exeperiment (SCoPEx. StratoCruiser).

It would seem that Gates and his Harvard buddies have developed delusions of grandeur. I would hope that the worlds governments take note and stop it before it starts.

This is like the first atomic bomb, they would not know in advance what will happen, even if they do small tests first. This is certainly a perfect story for a King novel.

One of my first thoughts is what happens if they do eventually do this and then a major volcanic eruption happens? Gives me the chills thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
20 Reasons Why Geoengineering Might Be A Bad Idea

11. There's no going back. We don't know how quickly scientists and engineers could shut down a geoengineering system–or stem its effects–in the event of excessive climate cooling from large volcanic eruptions or other causes. Once we put aerosols into the atmosphere, we cannot remove them.

This is from over a decade ago, but the problems it addresses remain the same. Everything from the science of it to who controls it and questions of moral authority.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

One of my first thoughts is what happens if they do eventually do this and then a major volcanic eruption happens? Gives me the chills thinking about it.

It would get much colder for about two years. If the climate wasn't whacked out it would do that anyway.

Try to remember they are only talking about implementing this if global warming has already gone to far and without doing anything the world would already be in a disaster.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So are we doing this to the world but, with no robots?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join