It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen John McCain and others suggested that a Arab Spring protest style Would come to China.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

So its your conjecture then not anything you have any proof of...you just got a strong feeling we done it.

I never claimed we speak for them Also Hong Kong is autonomous which I suggest you look up the meaning of as you don't seem to understand what that means. China is not the government in HK...HK has their own...something China doesn't like and would also change given the chance. That's your regime change right there. So what are you for china ruling HK as opposed to themselves?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I think he means normal Navy transport vessels, same as the US has routinely made port visits to Hong Kong with for a number of years but are now suddenly portents of some manner of US sponsored Pearl of the Orient uprising according to OP.

Those are obviously filled with freedom and liberty which isn't good for the Chi-Coms.

Which would likely be the reason if they did have an uprising... They suppress culture whole sale. They are holding up to a million in re education camps as we speak.... And Hong Kong too (essentially quarantined).

I don't see their social experiment playing out in the age of information.

Hopefully they have an organic effective change by their own accord.
edit on 13-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: I was a dummy and left a sentence unfished... No surprise.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Just got off with my CEO, she said it was an ess-show today on the streets, she couldn't leave her building and doesn't expect to tomorrow as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Just got off with my CEO, she said it was an ess-show today on the streets, she couldn't leave her building and doesn't expect to tomorrow as well.

I don't see either side backing down anytime soon.

And after Taiwan in the late 90's, I think China sees this as a time to seize the moment.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Looks like Soros has gained new believers in his works of his open societies and his organization that are funding and training such movements even Soros himself said such similar NGOs already existed in Ukraine to make sure that Russia does not have influence in its politics.

Clever attempt. Claim Soros is behind the HK revolt in order to utilize the well known anti-Soros sentiments on ATS.

The problem is, people here recognize that HK just simply doesn't want China oppressing them and putting them all in prison camps to be tortured.

So you claiming (without evidence) that Soros contrived the whole HK protest thing was a good try, but no cigar.

I will give you a point for using your noggin though!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
🚨 Chinese Agent Alert 🚨

Bundle the commie

Naw... not him!
ahahahhaha

edit on 8/13/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I guess it would do if the US made it happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Gave a star for the interesting questions you raise.

I don't think Hong Kong is worth the west (or anyone) going to war over. I am kind of a pacifist in general, and don't want war. I wish the US could disentangle itself from foreign wars, but that is probably too much to hope for now, especially considering the deep state warmongers currently having such great influence over the foreign policy of the United States.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks to the colonial period, there's a cutural difference as well as an economic difference between Hong Kong and the rest of China.
That's the ultimate cause of the present crisis, but it also works against the premise that "the protests will spread to the mainland". The mainland is still a different world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join