It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A former Democrat...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

No worries, I am a free thinker and not easily offended.
However, in the current REALITY, Donald J. Trump is
President of The United States of America.

Hillary Clinton was defeated, losing the electoral college.

You can live in your alternative reality though, be my guest.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

So was He ...........

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

More evidence that those who have left, are leaving, and will leave the Democrat party are discerning and wise!

At the New Hampshire rally this week, President Trump hit Obama HARD for leaving office with 138 vacant judicial seats for the next President to fill. (BHO thought it would be Hillary!)

The filling of those vacant seats by President Trump/Mitch McConnell is paying steadily increasing dividends...a.k.a. "WINS".

TWO WINS TODAY:

1.) Asylum Rule WIN: www.foxnews.com...

2.) Abortion Restriction WIN: thehill.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

No worries, I am a free thinker and not easily offended.
However, in the current REALITY, Donald J. Trump is
President of The United States of America.

Hillary Clinton was defeated, losing the electoral college.

You can live in your alternative reality though, be my guest.

Just saying your comment was BS, the people voted and the people didn't get who they voted for - I guess America will always have a group of people over ruling what the actual population wanted, that is your reality. Sorry, it's a fact, not an alternative reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Do you understand how the Electoral College works?
The Founding Fathers created a system that safeguards so that dense pockets of population do not overtake the will of the majority of states. So that 5 or 15 states do not overtake the 50 states.

The Presidential Election is an election in the United States....not a federal election.
I think I am explaining that correctly.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Don't be dense. The rules of the game were win a majority of the Electoral College votes, notwin the most individual votes.

It's like saying you won a baseball game by getting more hits, not runs.

No, no you didn't. Learn the rules of the game.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Don't be dense. The rules of the game were win a majority of the Electoral College votes, notwin the most individual votes.

It's like saying you won a baseball game by getting more hits, not runs.

No, no you didn't. Learn the rules of the game.

Did any of you read the actual post I was responding to which said the public got the person they voted for? If you had, you would see my comment made complete sense as the public got the person the electoral college voted for, not who the majority of the public did.

I would also have posted the same comment regardless of who ended up president, because it's factually correct.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Who votes for the electoral college. They don't represent me and why do they have the authority to decide who gets my vote?

Were they appointed? By whom?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Who votes for the electoral college. They don't represent me and why do they have the authority to decide who gets my vote?

Hard to answer when most States require their EC delegates to vote according to tabulated votes from the Citizens.

Anything else is likely unConstitutional 😎

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Who votes for the electoral college.

From the horses mouth
www.archives.gov...

The Electoral College is a process, not a place. The founding fathers established it in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens.

The Electoral College process consists of the selection of the electors, the meeting of the electors where they vote for President and Vice President, and the counting of the electoral votes by Congress.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The Electoral College was established by the
founding fathers in 1787. Since then there
have only been 5 times that a candidate
won the popular vote but lost the electoral
vote. 2 of them were Gore and Hillary Clinton.

Been this way for over 200 years.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The electoral college was set up, very very specifically, to avoid a pure democracy.

Their reasons for that should be obvious, and never moreso for the current generation(s) than in the last couple of years. Fair minded people can pretty easily see how a place like twitter can lead to pretty extreme authoritarianism, even when they are not a majority in actual political proceedings.

The irony of democracy is: can "people" capably vote for their best interests? Even well intentioned folks can easily vote for something that would never succeed in meeting their expectations beyond how the legislation was marketed.

I think leaving the democrats is one of the best things anyone on the left can choose.

Hopefully they crumble, and from the ashes we will see a return to true liberalism, et al before its too late. At that point, I suspect certain corporations will pick up the slack since they already know its an easily manipulated crowd as long as you market things using feel-good terminology.

There is more and more pushback against this new religious ideology, as it impacts more and more things that people care about. From videogames and "gamergate" to environmentalism and technology, its is having a severely negative effect on our society.

It harkens back to that "irony of democracy." While there are some involved that simply want to watch the world burn, many are (mostly) good intentioned people. They see some legislation that is marketed as "vote yes to save the environment," and vote yes they do. Even if the actual legislation, buried in pages and pages of semi-related nonsense, would damage the cause in implementation. Those that see this and vote No will, of course, be asked "what, dont you care about saving the environment?"

Once personal identity is tied in the mix.. We have the foundation for some of the social and political turmoil we are facing today. Now, all of a sudden, that person that voted "No" not only hates the environment, but is personally attacking those that voted "Yes" solely by casting their vote. It easy to see how this eventually leads to empty accusations of racism, heartlessness, and even being a "nazi."

Democrats have gone all-in with this worldview. Maybe because it removes ANY possibility that someone who has been programmed with the ideology will vote outside the democrats, even if it is to their detriment. Perhaps its also because the establishment democrat leadership has been sucked in just as easily as their constituents. Maybe both...

All I can hope is that more and more people start snapping out of their stupor and start realizing how detrimental and destructive a religion can become as it wields more and more power. Should this happen, the zealous adherents will run directly into the the open arms of corporations, who in their own quest for power and control, will promise everything the "faithful" think they want.. but we gotta handle one problem at a time.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

The Electoral College was established by the
founding fathers in 1787. Since then there
have only been 5 times that a candidate
won the popular vote but lost the electoral
vote. 2 of them were Gore and Hillary Clinton.

Been this way for over 200 years.

So just more corruption from the US government. In 2020 it will be the right wing begging for "one man, one vote" when the mega corps will determine the election once again.

edit on 19-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The rise of the new dinosaur mutation !!

MegaCorp MegaCorp !!

😧😧

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The rise of the new dinosaur mutation !!

MegaCorp MegaCorp !!

😧😧

Yes, and every one of them "too big to fail" paid for by the US taxpayer. That doesn't sound like an oligarchy to you?

You got an adolescent meme for your response, the kids love them!

Try looking at the big picture. The world is larger than Drudge, Fox, and Rush!
edit on 19-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What?
Corruption?
I fail to see how any modern party changed the Founding Fathers Electoral College.
Guess you missed this??
www.abovetopsecret.com...

<< 5  6  7   >>

join